Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red
    replied
    For $2800.00 buckshave you thought about a Springfield or Fulton Armory M1A Supermatch? I have one that is dead nuts all day long... I don't have a range more than 200 but I am able to hold a 1" group at it.... It's a rock solid rifle, plenty of parts for it, ammo is wide ranging (relatively cheap to really sophisticated and expensive) Mine really really really likes Federal Match grade (308M for a product code). I got mine used for 1500 and all I've had to do is get magazines and a sling... also, it is much more akin to the current trends in sniping... it's a .308 (7.62x 51) and it's a semi auto. Just my humble opinion.

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayou Blaster View Post
    Neverknow

Have you considered a Remington SPS Tactical or PSS. I'd purchase one of these and install an HS Precision Stock, bypod, quality scope and call it good. You can do this setup for a whole lot less than $2800:00. If you want to get deeper into this subject I can send you a P.M. to the e-mail address you gave me.
    I agree. This is going to be one of my next rifle purchases.

I might add that I would consider trying it out stock and determining if you are satisfied before spending anything on a new stock. You might be surprised at the out of the box performance of these rifles.

Also, I believe you can get one out the door for under 700. Spend some money on optics, then shoot it and decide how much more you want to do. This isn't the case of going cheap and regretting it. I believe this is truly a good path to take. Trust me, i don't ever suggest buying cheap if you really want better, since you'll end up buying better later. But in this case the platform is truly outstanding and you can upgrade the stock without losing your investment.

Leave a comment:

• cwi555
    replied
    Originally posted by Mungo View Post
    Sorry for the but in guys, but I need to address the whole caliber issue. I see the recommendation here for going to 7mm Rem. Now i agree, the 7mm is a really nice round with great balistics and enough power to knock down anything that walks on 4 or 2 legs in north america.

BUT.....in these times, when the whole works could fall down around us at any time, WHY would you want to get into a caliber that will be nearly impossible to find once TSHTF? If you have enough cash to buy several thousand rounds for storing, that is great, but otherwise, you'll be in sorry shape when the Hornady plant closes.

I have cut my calibers down to just these:
    30-06
    9mm
    .45 ACP

These are the rounds that you can find at any walmart, drug store, hardware store, gas station or ditch all across the country. I Highly recommend sticking with these calibers and buying as much of them as you can afford to. They will be fantastic barter items as well when the time comes. And beleive me, the time IS coming!
    Depending on your area, Need to add 30-30, and 38 special to that list if your going after common rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Actually I'm a black, disabled, jewish, elderly, gay woman.
    Me too!! :D

Leave a comment:

• rsanders
    replied
    Originally posted by neverknow View Post
    I would have to diasgree with the 9mm and 45acp. Ive called numerous gun shops and they were low on both of those calibers but not the .40.
    I stopped by my local Wally World today and they had plenty of .9mm and .45.Maybe I'm just stopping at the right time but this particular store has been well stocked for the past several weeks, and like I said a couple of weeks ago the prices seem to be coming down a bit.I was pretty well stocked with everything that I shoot except for 12 ga 00 buck. They actually had that in stock Winchester 15 round box $9.97 , Bought 10 boxes.

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    you are so full of your self

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    F*ckin'-A....You'll fit right in with us "White male Christian racist anarchist paranoid capitalist gun-hoarding crack-head sociopaths" just fine :D

Wait....technically, I'm not 100% "white".........shit................can I still be in the gun club?

(Obviously, I jest.......somewhat :) )
    dam invited a friend on here and now you turn into a west virgina in breed what wrong with ya at ya got any ark can saw proud bot love erbody

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    well thats awsome

i hope all goes well fer ya sounds like you'll fit right in being a prepper is not about color creed religion or who or what your preference is it is about being prepared to survive any sitution

Leave a comment:

• Mungo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by neverknow View Post
    I would have to diasgree with the 9mm and 45acp. Ive called numerous gun shops and they were low on both of those calibers but not the .40.
    That's because everyone's buying them.....which means they're EVERYWHERE in HUGE quantitiies, and you bet your biscuits they're still pumping them out....

Leave a comment:

• neverknow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Thanks. I think I'm going to like it here.
    F*ckin'-A....You'll fit right in with us "White male Christian racist anarchist paranoid capitalist gun-hoarding crack-head sociopaths" just fine :D

Wait....technically, I'm not 100% "white".........shit................can I still be in the gun club?

(Obviously, I jest.......somewhat :) )

Leave a comment:

• Mungo
    replied
    Thanks. I think I'm going to like it here.

Leave a comment:

• Bayou Blaster
    replied
    Thanks Bayou. I did indeed leave out my 12 ga. and 20 ga. And with those it is important to have ones that take 2 3/4" as well as 3" shells. Versatility is the key!
    Got those bases covered as well, BTW welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mungo
    replied
    Thanks Bayou. I did indeed leave out my 12 ga. and 20 ga. And with those it is important to have ones that take 2 3/4" as well as 3" shells. Versatility is the key!

Leave a comment:

• Bayou Blaster
    replied
    Mungo

I totally agree with your coments on caliber selection, I was NOT advocating the 7mm Rem Mag for a SHTF/PAW senario. Logistics being what they are don't support the 7mm Mag, 300 Win Mag etc. Unless like you said someone can afford to "buy several thousand rounds". Personally I would have added 12 GA shotgun shells and maybe 7.62 x39mm to the list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X