No announcement yet.

long ranged weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to diasgree with the 9mm and 45acp. Ive called numerous gun shops and they were low on both of those calibers but not the .40.
    Honey its just the cats, Put that @#$%ing thing away!

Comment

Originally posted by neverknow View Post
      I would have to diasgree with the 9mm and 45acp. Ive called numerous gun shops and they were low on both of those calibers but not the .40.
      That's because everyone's buying them.....which means they're EVERYWHERE in HUGE quantitiies, and you bet your biscuits they're still pumping them out....
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Actually I'm a black, disabled, jewish, elderly, gay woman.

Comment

well thats awsome

Originally posted by Mungo View Post
          i hope all goes well fer ya sounds like you'll fit right in being a prepper is not about color creed religion or who or what your preference is it is about being prepared to survive any sitution
          the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

you are so full of your self

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
            F*ckin'-A....You'll fit right in with us "White male Christian racist anarchist paranoid capitalist gun-hoarding crack-head sociopaths" just fine :D

Wait....technically, I'm not 100% "white".........shit................can I still be in the gun club?

(Obviously, I jest.......somewhat :) )
            dam invited a friend on here and now you turn into a west virgina in breed what wrong with ya at ya got any ark can saw proud bot love erbody
            the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Originally posted by neverknow View Post
              I stopped by my local Wally World today and they had plenty of .9mm and .45.Maybe I'm just stopping at the right time but this particular store has been well stocked for the past several weeks, and like I said a couple of weeks ago the prices seem to be coming down a bit.I was pretty well stocked with everything that I shoot except for 12 ga 00 buck. They actually had that in stock Winchester 15 round box $9.97 , Bought 10 boxes.
              Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Comment

Me too!! :D
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Sorry for the but in guys, but I need to address the whole caliber issue. I see the recommendation here for going to 7mm Rem. Now i agree, the 7mm is a really nice round with great balistics and enough power to knock down anything that walks on 4 or 2 legs in north america.

BUT.....in these times, when the whole works could fall down around us at any time, WHY would you want to get into a caliber that will be nearly impossible to find once TSHTF? If you have enough cash to buy several thousand rounds for storing, that is great, but otherwise, you'll be in sorry shape when the Hornady plant closes.

I have cut my calibers down to just these:
                  30-06
                  9mm
                  .45 ACP

These are the rounds that you can find at any walmart, drug store, hardware store, gas station or ditch all across the country. I Highly recommend sticking with these calibers and buying as much of them as you can afford to. They will be fantastic barter items as well when the time comes. And beleive me, the time IS coming!
                  Depending on your area, Need to add 30-30, and 38 special to that list if your going after common rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou Blaster View Post
                    Neverknow

Have you considered a Remington SPS Tactical or PSS. I'd purchase one of these and install an HS Precision Stock, bypod, quality scope and call it good. You can do this setup for a whole lot less than $2800:00. If you want to get deeper into this subject I can send you a P.M. to the e-mail address you gave me.
                    I agree. This is going to be one of my next rifle purchases.

I might add that I would consider trying it out stock and determining if you are satisfied before spending anything on a new stock. You might be surprised at the out of the box performance of these rifles.

Also, I believe you can get one out the door for under 700. Spend some money on optics, then shoot it and decide how much more you want to do. This isn't the case of going cheap and regretting it. I believe this is truly a good path to take. Trust me, i don't ever suggest buying cheap if you really want better, since you'll end up buying better later. But in this case the platform is truly outstanding and you can upgrade the stock without losing your investment.
                    My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

For $2800.00 buckshave you thought about a Springfield or Fulton Armory M1A Supermatch? I have one that is dead nuts all day long... I don't have a range more than 200 but I am able to hold a 1" group at it.... It's a rock solid rifle, plenty of parts for it, ammo is wide ranging (relatively cheap to really sophisticated and expensive) Mine really really really likes Federal Match grade (308M for a product code). I got mine used for 1500 and all I've had to do is get magazines and a sling... also, it is much more akin to the current trends in sniping... it's a .308 (7.62x 51) and it's a semi auto. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X