X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by kenno View Post
    Well I ordered a Choate pistolgrip stock, muzzel break an adjustable trigger, recoil buffer, verticle fore grip and rail.
    www.accuracyriflesystems3.homestead.com makes the trigger and a barrel shroud ($180) they claim will shrink groups down to 1.5". It appears that you have to remove the front sight. These folks do alot of Mini-14/30 work.
    Don't forget the pictures! :D

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    Well I ordered a Choate pistolgrip stock, muzzel break an adjustable trigger, recoil buffer, verticle fore grip and rail.
    www.accuracyriflesystems3.homestead.com makes the trigger and a barrel shroud ($180) they claim will shrink groups down to 1.5". It appears that you have to remove the front sight. These folks do alot of Mini-14/30 work.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Dude you don't carry a Leatherman?!!!!
    Nah....too awkward...I pack my own micro armorers' kit.....better for precision....I do keep a Gerber in the sack, but only for convenience....

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    Dude you don't carry a Leatherman?!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Well my ATI, like I said feels very solid....I didn't experience any discomfort other than shooting offhand, and that just feels funky to me anyways...I think the only drawback to the stock is the fact that I have to have a phillips screwdriver on hand to remove the top forestock in order to field strip the weapon....but the screwdriver is handy to pull the trigger guard release anyways, so it's a minor inconvenience....but, as already stated, the ATI - in my opinion - is on par with the Tapco for solid feel and stout assembly....the big thing for me was the finger relief grip, versus the M249-style grip on the Tapco....the folding stock is just a bonus, and the hinge mechanism is extremely well machined and easy to use....

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    No, seems I never get to a gunstore OR a gun show! I'm not concerned with spent brass, Ive only had problems with M-16A1s not Minis. I'm more concerned with trigger finger clearance and durability at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Have you had a chance to grope any of the stocks you're considering? I fired off a mag today goofy (lefty), and had no problems other than seeing brass shoot past my LOS...my mini puts 'em straight and far at 3:00 every time....I even crammed my butt all the way to the first position for a coupla rnds....I won't lie...at that position, you can feel the case fly past, so it's a bit unnerving, but still a clear ejection....

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    Dupe post.

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    I am torn between several stocks:

A Choate non-folding pistol grip, almost perfect because models fit the Mini and 10-22, the buttstock seems durable but it is has no Picatinny rails, so I'd have to buy more stuff, do more work to install verticale fore grips.

The Tapco Fusion because it does not have the stock hinge trunion block on the LEFT side to interfer with my trigger finger!

The Cristie Super Stock, comes with all the bells and whistles installed, but it is a poly material stock and might not take camo paint.

The ATI stock, hinge trunion on left side.

My biggest concern is if that tube that supports the collapaseable stocks are strong enough to take a beating!
    Last edited by kenno; 11-29-2009, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    BS
    How's that ATI stock holding-up?
    I was thinking of getting an Aim Tech scout rail handguard but they cost nearly as much as an ATI stock. Since i am a LH shooter I am a bit concerned about the ATI stock hinge placement. So I am still concidering a Tapco Fusion
    I might go with a Choate fixed pistol grip stock and attach a verticle foregrip instead.
    Man, I love it...our issue weaps were mounted on Tapco Fusion platforms, and I was sold, until I groped a mini on an ATI....the ATI has my vote...twice....dunno 'bout the lefty scenario, though.....but with my stock fully extended (normal for me), I'd think the brass would fly easily clear....

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    BS
    How's that ATI stock holding-up?
    I was thinking of getting an Aim Tech scout rail handguard but they cost nearly as much as an ATI stock. Since i am a LH shooter I am a bit concerned about the ATI stock hinge placement. So I am still concidering a Tapco Fusion
    I might go with a Choate fixed pistol grip stock and attach a verticle foregrip instead.
    Last edited by kenno; 11-27-2009, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mungo View Post
    Very nice setup Big_Saw.

A short Ruger story, My Mini-14 malfuntioned and needed serious work. I had owned it for 10 years and many thousands of rounds. I sent it to Ruger and for the price of shipping, they replaced the entire bolt assembly. Fantastic service and now I have nearly new gun.

Enjoy yours.
    Thanks...fell in love the first time I handled one on the boat...never a fan of the M16/AR15 variants (no offense, AR freaks :D ) ...but traded my M249 fetish in happily when the issue locker popped open and I fondled a heavily customized mini...my personal rig ain't selective fire, or quite as stout or pricey, but it's just as pretty and a helluva rig, IMHO....

Leave a comment:

• Mungo
    replied
    Nice

Very nice setup Big_Saw.

A short Ruger story, My Mini-14 malfuntioned and needed serious work. I had owned it for 10 years and many thousands of rounds. I sent it to Ruger and for the price of shipping, they replaced the entire bolt assembly. Fantastic service and now I have nearly new gun.

Enjoy yours.

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    I was going to:
    Install Trirail
    install muzzle break
    get a trigger job done
    Then my wife reminded me that Christmas fast approches
    Il be lucky if I can afford the muzzle break!

Leave a comment:

• Bayou Blaster
    replied
    Thanks BB
    I have been to the gunsmith's website before, I like his work but don't have that kind of money.
    As to the $120 H-Bar I'll install a $26 Leapers Trirail and a $50 flash hider instead. The M-1 Carbine sight looks great, I'll have to find one.
    I'll spring the $100 for a trigger job/buffer and call it good.
    I went the same route with the Leapers Tri-rail and flashhider if you did not read into the HAR Bar thread. Accuracy Systems does carry a converted M-1 sight for the Mini-14 about half way down the page of the previous link. They also carry the "Buffertech" buffer as well on the same page. Let us know how your Mini shoots after you install your homemade Accu-Strut.

Here's a source for the Tri-rails:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP068-6.html

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP069-6.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X