No announcement yet.

Ruger mini 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, seems I never get to a gunstore OR a gun show! I'm not concerned with spent brass, Ive only had problems with M-16A1s not Minis. I'm more concerned with trigger finger clearance and durability at this point.
    The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Well my ATI, like I said feels very solid....I didn't experience any discomfort other than shooting offhand, and that just feels funky to me anyways...I think the only drawback to the stock is the fact that I have to have a phillips screwdriver on hand to remove the top forestock in order to field strip the weapon....but the screwdriver is handy to pull the trigger guard release anyways, so it's a minor inconvenience....but, as already stated, the ATI - in my opinion - is on par with the Tapco for solid feel and stout assembly....the big thing for me was the finger relief grip, versus the M249-style grip on the Tapco....the folding stock is just a bonus, and the hinge mechanism is extremely well machined and easy to use....
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Dude you don't carry a Leatherman?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kenno View Post
          Dude you don't carry a Leatherman?!!!!
          Nah....too awkward...I pack my own micro armorers' kit.....better for precision....I do keep a Gerber in the sack, but only for convenience....
          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Well I ordered a Choate pistolgrip stock, muzzel break an adjustable trigger, recoil buffer, verticle fore grip and rail.
            www.accuracyriflesystems3.homestead.com makes the trigger and a barrel shroud ($180) they claim will shrink groups down to 1.5". It appears that you have to remove the front sight. These folks do alot of Mini-14/30 work.

Comment

Originally posted by kenno View Post
              Well I ordered a Choate pistolgrip stock, muzzel break an adjustable trigger, recoil buffer, verticle fore grip and rail.
              www.accuracyriflesystems3.homestead.com makes the trigger and a barrel shroud ($180) they claim will shrink groups down to 1.5". It appears that you have to remove the front sight. These folks do alot of Mini-14/30 work.
              Don't forget the pictures! :D

Comment

Working...
              X