Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low or no ammo.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Low or no ammo.

    Went to one of the largest gun shops in north new england and it is not a box store. They were sold out of bulk 223 and 50 count boxes of 45, 357, 380, 308 mil-spec, 30 cal, only 100 boxs of 9mm fmj only 30 boxes left of 38 spc, no hollow points in any ammo no + P. No rifle or pistol primers or 223 brass or bullets.This is a store the normally has pallets of these calibers on the floor not just a couple of boxes on a self. Needles to say I picked what I could . The great thing is even with this shortage with what calibers they have in stock they don't limit how much you can buy. Used auto pistols were real low except for comp. guns and even low on used wheel guns.

  • #2
    get ready my friend we shall have to fend for our families soon enough
    the pack that plays together stays together

    Comment


    • #3
      Over the past 2 weeks, I have traveled throughout AZ, NM & TX. Been to over a dozen different Walmarts, several Bass Pro Shops, and a couple Cabela's. All but one Walmart, were near empty on ammo. They are getting inventory in, but it is gone the day it arrives. Employees are calling friends, who are there when it hits the shelves. This will not be changing anytime soon...
      "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches" Franklin

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok. I live in a relatively small town in SE Arizona (Pop of about 50,000) and we have two "gun" stores and Wally World. Ammo at the two gun stores is exceedingly expensive and Wally World is hit or miss. One of the gun stores has bulk ammo, 7.62 X 39 mostly, which I don't use. 223 is of the typical commercial variety as are the handgun loads of 38, 40, 9mm, 45ACP, etc. When we want bulk ammo at any kind of decent price, we have to go to gun shows. The next one is 25 April. Judging by the turnout at the last one where the ammo wholesaler was present, it will be another zoo. The last one had buyers 4-6 deep at the ammo booth.

        I wish you the best of luck in finding ammo at any sort of good price right now.
        As Zombie Axe would say...
        "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

        Comment


        • #5
          if you live in the maine or new hampshire area uncle henry's is a good source for ammo....there are no saying what there but a good source all the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            Omega

            What is the big store you went to? Just curious.. I'm in NY I usually head over to a Walmart or if I wanna take a drive I hoof it out to PA - cabela's
            ~ Awesome ~

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Skyowl View Post
              Ok. I live in a relatively small town in SE Arizona (Pop of about 50,000) and we have two "gun" stores and Wally World. Ammo at the two gun stores is exceedingly expensive and Wally World is hit or miss. One of the gun stores has bulk ammo, 7.62 X 39 mostly, which I don't use. 223 is of the typical commercial variety as are the handgun loads of 38, 40, 9mm, 45ACP, etc. When we want bulk ammo at any kind of decent price, we have to go to gun shows. The next one is 25 April. Judging by the turnout at the last one where the ammo wholesaler was present, it will be another zoo. The last one had buyers 4-6 deep at the ammo booth.

              I wish you the best of luck in finding ammo at any sort of good price right now.
              Skyowl

              Ammo is more miss than hit all over. Do you ever get the chance to check out the Gun Shows in Tucson or Phoenix? The Phoenix shows at the convention center are huge. It's usually so big they have tents outside as well. I use to try to go to both those shows when I was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson. BTW appreciate your service to your country as well sir.:)

              Comment


              • #8
                Just got home from the Capitol City Gun Show in Raleigh,NC. Went both days cause you never know. The only .380 I found was 6 boxes of hollow points at $60 per box, I walked away laughing. Most of the 9mm was double the usual price and even the cheap .223 was a bit over priced. I walked away with some 5.7 X 28mm at the usual price and .38 wadcutter reloads at a decent price. Also picked up some slings and stripper clips.

                Tried to stock up on Shamwows, but the lines were too long.:D
                He who lives with the most toys, wins.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bayou Blaster View Post
                  Skyowl

                  Ammo is more miss than hit all over. Do you ever get the chance to check out the Gun Shows in Tucson or Phoenix? The Phoenix shows at the convention center are huge. It's usually so big they have tents outside as well. I use to try to go to both those shows when I was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson. BTW appreciate your service to your country as well sir.:)
                  Bayou Blaster,

                  Yes, I have gone to three shows in Tucson and the last one in Phoenix. I spent a small fortune at the one in Phoenix. That show was the easy one along with the first two in Tucson. The last one in Tucson, I believe it was 7 March, was the zoo I was referring to. I think somebody in Tucson finally woke up.
                  As Zombie Axe would say...
                  "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Omegaman-- was this store you mention KTP? I had a relative go there last Monday or Tuesday and report similar findings...we hoped it was just that they were waiting for a shipment, but who knows...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ya it was KTP and they are waiting on more ammo as they have standing orders on all of the calibers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Found some .22 today!

                        Dick's recieved 10 boxes of .22 remington 525 bulk packs

                        I bought them all.

                        They were 19.99 and the guy gave me a 10% off ammo coupon! :)

                        making them $17.99
                        WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

                        The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I mosised by walmart . . . no 380.

                          I swapped some mags for 223 with the ex.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            KTP had pallets of bricks of 22 ammo from 3 different makers. The cool thing is that KTP sells ammo the people trade in with their gun trades. I picked up a bag of 18 rounds of fed. 300 win mag for $10 this stuff for 20 rounds new is $48 not to bad. You have to love a store that is still a trading post, they still take in trade guns and supplies, knives, bows and optics. The pre owned guns, reloading supplies, ammo , gun leather and scopes are always worth looking through.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
                              KTP had pallets of bricks of 22 ammo from 3 different makers. The cool thing is that KTP sells ammo the people trade in with their gun trades. I picked up a bag of 18 rounds of fed. 300 win mag for $10 this stuff for 20 rounds new is $48 not to bad. You have to love a store that is still a trading post, they still take in trade guns and supplies, knives, bows and optics. The pre owned guns, reloading supplies, ammo , gun leather and scopes are always worth looking through.
                              Wish we had one here in Arizona. They would get lots of business.
                              Last edited by Skyowl; 03-25-2009, 12:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
                              As Zombie Axe would say...
                              "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X