National Firearm Registry? Might Be Closer Than You Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Firearm Registry? Might Be Closer Than You Think

Recently, an internal ATF document was released showing some very interesting statistics. The most significant statistic is that in 2021, the ATF processed 54.7 million out-of-business records. The records they are referring to, of course, is Form 4473.

The 4473 is the physical form that records the firearm information; make, model, serial number, type, caliber, and information for those unfamiliar with firearm paperwork. It essentially ties a name to the firearm as it was transferred to an individual from a licensed dealer, sometimes referred to as an FFL.

The 4473 also has personalinformation on it. It has name, birthdate, current address, birthplace, height, weight, and driver’s license number. Some even opt to give their social security number so that their NICS check goes faster. Speaking of NICS checks, let us clear up another misconception. The firearm information does not get entered during the NICS check. No system associates specific firearms with individuals… yet.

National Firearm Registry? Might Be Closer Than You Think. – The Machine Gun Nest
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Thanks for the information.

It explains why we have ammo shortages and 54.7 million new owners are expressing themselves.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/mi...amendment-gun/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ng-guns-185969

Firearms owners are not going away.

Comment

Originally posted by Tugaloo View Post
      Thanks for the information.

It explains why we have ammo shortages and 54.7 million new owners are expressing themselves.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/mi...amendment-gun/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...ng-guns-185969

Firearms owners are not going away.
      Just to clarify........they are acquiring this information from FFL dealers who have closed their business, which triggers their surrendering the "Hard" copies of all of the form 4473 they ever processed.
      One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

They already have every approval for every 4473 ever issued, correct? That means they know who everyone who owns a firearm and where they live.
        Lost it in a boating accident; OK, where? Cops go "gun fishing" using magnets. People are only kidding themselves.

IMO, it would be very wise to have paperless firearms. Family hunting firearms, F2F purchases and whatever else one can come up with.

Comment

This is why about 6 years ago, I decided to buy only good used firearms from private individuals -so there's no govt record involved in the transaction. & I stopped buying firearms from FFL dealers. I have debated whether to sell the ones that I bought new, but have not yet done so. I have purchased a few extra magazines on ebay, which the NSA can probably track - so that'd be a strong clue for the govt that I have the firearms for those magazines.

Comment

My father and I hunted; so I have no pedigree (paperwork) firearms.

Same as you, I've purchased ammo and magazines at gun shows and storefront businesses. No NICS check, simply a no paper purchase.

Comment

I know for a fact that the free state of Florida will challenge any such executives act. This will go to the supreme court! - Is such act infringing on your right to bare arms???

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                Is such act infringing on your right to bare arms???
                That is exactly what it it intended to do.

Comment

Working...
                X