AP shotgun shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP shotgun shells

Although pricey, armor piercing shotgun shells are available in some states.
    "This item is restricted in the following cities and/or states: AK, CA, FL, HI, MA, NY, APO's, FPO's, PO Box's, Washington DC; Illinois Cities: Chicago. FOID Required for all IL Cities."

Here is one source: https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/1233...-piercing.html
    As usual there is the typical "notify me when this product is in stock.

https://www.firequest.com/G12-001.html
    All sellers state penetration is 1/4" into steel plate and none state what type of steel plate.

Cost is $17.99 for 3 shells.

Pass... I'm betting you'd have to be dang near on top of what your shooting.

Looking at the first link, the ad says 'extreme velocity' yet they don't list velocity anywhere in the specs. I see the box in the picture says 1250 in the name but it doesn't actually say that's velocity. The shell also doesn't look to be a high brass nor a 3 1/2" which I think they'd go with to get some extra bang.

The second add is light on specs also but I do see that round is only a 2 3/4".
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
      Pass... I'm betting you'd have to be dang near on top of what your shooting.

Looking at the first link, the ad says 'extreme velocity' yet they don't list velocity anywhere in the specs. I see the box in the picture says 1250 in the name but it doesn't actually say that's velocity. The shell also doesn't look to be a high brass nor a 3 1/2" which I think they'd go with to get some extra bang.

The second add is light on specs also but I do see that round is only a 2 3/4".
      As some people have expressed an interest in shotgun AP, I was curious and still disinterested. ;)

Your light on specs was being kind.

A better thought would be to reload 30 CAL AP M2 162 grain projectiles. As they have pull marks created by the removing process, they aren't as accurate as usual. Same as everything else, they are expensive and out of stock.

Comment

Working...
      X