Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.300 AAC BLACKOUT..........with heavy bullets ( "NOT" sub-sonic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .300 AAC BLACKOUT..........with heavy bullets ( "NOT" sub-sonic)

Does anyone load heavy bullets (180 gr. to 220 gr.) for the 300 AAC BLACKOUT or the whisperer........??? Or does anyone want to talk about the positive qualities of this cartridge.......???

I'm not currently reloading but I do shoot 220 gr HPBT and use a suppressor. Mostly for whitetail deer and the occasional coyote. The ballistics are quite similar to the 30-30 Winchester. It's a pretty good brush gun. I'm planning on ordering some A-max 208gr ammo for this coming hunting season and see how that works out. I'm not sure as to what ranges your shooting at but I wouldn't think for most of Alaska's game a 300 BLK would be a great round. It should be fine for blacktail deer, wolves and medium to small black bear out to about 150 yards. Are you currently hunting with one?

Dale
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post
      Are you currently hunting with one? Dale
      NO.........I have a 7 1/2" Barreled AR-15 Pistol. I like it for my daily walks. I carry it for bear encounters, it is a cheap noise maker. Also I always am wearing a backpack and the hip belt covers the handguns carried in the hip area, making quick access near zero. The chest area is occupied with binoculars. So I "Long'sling" the short AR below the binos.

It is mostly for low chance bear encounter areas. I take the 12.5" .308 Win. if I expect trouble.

Comment

Sourdough - with the turf you're in maybe an AR15 pistol in 450 Bushmaster
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
          Sourdough - with the turf you're in maybe an AR15 pistol in 450 Bushmaster
          True.........But I really like the versatility of the .300 AAC Blackout. And I like short barrels. I think the .458 SOCOM and 450 BUSHMASTER both kind'a want 10.5" barrels. Plus.......they want a "Brake" which make them longer.

Comment

Working...
          X