Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David M.
    replied
    I disagree just a little with the hearing coming back completely. I've done alot of dumb things over the years, but hearing loss is something that only gets worse as you get older. I've been tested several times at work, and have signifigant loss in the left ear. I can't hear a watch tick in that ear now.Yours will come back, but there is some damage. The range won't be that noticable at first, it creeps up on you over time. Just try to avoid things like that in the future and maintain what you've got. I agree with 'Saw.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    If you're not protecting your hearing, you WILL lose it at the range.....trust me on one thing: mono-sound sux. Every time you temporarily lose hearing, you only gain back about 70-95% of the freqs damaged.....which means after about 20 serious injuries, you could very well lose an entire spectrum.....wear your muffs or adequate ear plugs....every time....

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    your hearing will heal with time, but not if you continue this.

I keep plugs in my office, car, briefcase, etc.

If you think the AR10 and muzzle break is loud you should try a 50. The muzzle blast will knock things off the shooting stands!
    Best to wear ear plugs and muffs.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    It only seems to be .380 for some reason. First it was my dads old Colt .380 1908 hammerless and now my LCP.

I love my LCP for many reasons! It came out at the right time cause I was about to go against my better judgement and buy a Keltec. That statement may piss off some guys. But, honestly as long as Keltec had the market share, as much money as they made and as long as it's been around. They should have improved their product more than they did.

Keltec = feels like a toy
    Ruger = feels like a small pistol

The LCP isn't my favorite shooter, but obviously it cannot be compared to full size pistols. The new magazine finger extension helps a lot.

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryantx23
    replied
    Originally posted by tony View Post
    I usually wear hearing protection when I shoot. But in the last month I've managed to be without it when firing two different .380s. The first time was only 14 rounds but I couldn't take anymore. My left ear physically hurt. I had diminished hearing ability for about 4 days.

Last friday I wanted try out some new personal defense hollow points in my LCP. It worked great. But after only 7 rounds I couldn't do anymore. It's now Thursday, My left ear is ringing right now. There's the sensation that an object is 2" from my ear, blocking some frequencies. Like holding your hand next to your ear. It is slowly getting better but the imbalance is driving me nuts.

How long should it take to heal?
    Am I going deaf?
    Is this permanent?

Tony
    Tony,

Your hearing should come back just fine. How are you liking your LCP? I hear good things about them. If you think firing that bad boy without hearing protection, try firing of an AR10 with an 18 inch barrel with a muzzle break on the end of it.... It makes guys on the firing line next to me dizzy its so loud:D

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    once took me well over a week to hear anything at all again after making that stupid mistake.. you never realize how precious your hearing is untill it is gone

Leave a comment:

• cudalyon
    replied
    Originally posted by tony View Post
    I usually wear hearing protection when I shoot. But in the last month I've managed to be without it when firing two different .380s. The first time was only 14 rounds but I couldn't take anymore. My left ear physically hurt. I had diminished hearing ability for about 4 days.

Last friday I wanted try out some new personal defense hollow points in my LCP. It worked great. But after only 7 rounds I couldn't do anymore. It's now Thursday, My left ear is ringing right now. There's the sensation that an object is 2" from my ear, blocking some frequencies. Like holding your hand next to your ear. It is slowly getting better but the imbalance is driving me nuts.

Am I going deaf?
    Is this permanent?

Tony

Speak up...I can't hear you!

No idea if it is permanent or not. I would guess no. The body does some amazing healing. Buy a box of those cheap disposable ear plugs and grab a handful and put them everywhere. With your guns, in your car, at work, everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    started a topic Loss of hearing

Loss of hearing

Am I going deaf?
    Is this permanent?

Tony
Working...
X