AR15 platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das,
    I am not familiar with these brands. A little research might be in order. That is definitly a good buy if they are up to snuff. As far as the FFL transfer, usually all that is required is your gun store owner to agree to do so. If you are a regular customer he may only charge you the shipping If not there will be a small fee, usually not very much. I'd say shop around if its unreasonable. Darn! you are a big son of a gun!! Can we be friends?
    Beebopcop
    The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by beebopcop
      Diesel,
      It would be just my opinion. My experience lies with the Colt and the Bushmaster. However, just in general conversation with my fellow gun nuts I think the ranking might be something like this:
      Colt
      Smith and Wesson (I say this because they are in this market now and they have always been the #2 to colt)
      Bushmaster
      DPMS
      Charles Daley
      Olympia
      Rock River
      I'm sure that I am missing some brands but I am sitting in bed after an 18 hour day. I will try to get a better answer later. :)
      Beebopcop

WOW!!! rockriver at the bottom?

I heard the exact opposite every so called expert has always put them at the top... and dpms at the bottom... very very interesting.

Wow long day man, take a load off.. and get ready to maul some turkey tommorow! :)
      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by beebopcop View Post
        Das,
        I am not familiar with these brands. A little research might be in order. That is definitly a good buy if they are up to snuff. As far as the FFL transfer, usually all that is required is your gun store owner to agree to do so. If you are a regular customer he may only charge you the shipping If not there will be a small fee, usually not very much. I'd say shop around if its unreasonable. Darn! you are a big son of a gun!! Can we be friends?
        Beebopcop

LOL while I have a background in scrapping, i'm officially electing Das as the enforcer just for the meere fact that he'll prob never have to get into a confrontation lol

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

That is hiliarious. Thanks I needed a good laugh. If it helps there is a .25 hole in my living room cieling from a Jennings as we speak. I sold it for $20 to another gun nut with fair warning. I paid $10 for the darn thing. Talk about trash.
          Thanks again for the laugh,
          Beebop
          The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Again Diesel, just an opinion. And again I keep them right next to the other thing that everyone has one of. lol

Comment

That is hiliarious. Thanks I needed a good laugh. If it helps there is a .25 hole in my living room cieling from a Jennings as we speak. I sold it for $20 to another gun nut with fair warning. I paid $10 for the darn thing. Talk about trash.
              Thanks again for the laugh,
              Beebop
              I got mine from my first wife as a wedding gift. Much like her, it was cheap, never worked well, was worn out when I got it, and should have been refused when it was presented to me even though it was shiney and looked good when new, it was not very pretty after a couple of years and started to show its age before its time. Hind Sight is 20/20.

Comment

LMAO you mean a roll of charmin? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                  I got mine from my first wife as a wedding gift. Much like her, it was cheap, never worked well, was worn out when I got it, and should have been refused when it was presented to me even though it was shiney and looked good when new, it was not very pretty after a couple of years and started to show its age before its time. Hind Sight is 20/20.
                  Hmmmm....we may have been married to the same woman.:confused:

Comment

Hmmmm....we may have been married to the same woman.:confused:
                    I am not trying to say my ex-wife worshipped Satan, but I am pretty sure Satan worshships her. I know somewhere in Hell there is an alter with a photo of her and her momma.

Comment

I have exes in Oregon, Colorado and Tennessee. Only 47 more to go.

Comment

I have exes in Oregon, Colorado and Tennessee. Only 47 more to go.
                        48....Dont forget DC.

Comment

You know it's funny you read this site, you read AR15 and people swear by this brand and swear by that brand. It's no different then people fighting over Ford and Chevy. Once someone gets in engrained in their head that what they have is the best (to them) then they go around promoting it.

One manufacturer may make something awesome for 2 years then release a batch the first quarter of a year and have all kinds of failures or metal malfunctions etc that cause a few guys to go around on the net saying that brand sucks.

Here's an example of nothing but priase for a specific brand.
                          http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=118&t=408786

From speaking with TRUE TRUE experts, most agree that there is not a HUGE difference between most of the manufacturers.

Also it seems to really depend on what your goals are Reliability bullet proof rifle, or a competition shooting rifle? Are you looking for 100 yard groupings or 800 yard groupings?

I don't want to see heated discussions or bickering here, but CALM, INTELLIGENT posts with technical data and images if you have them explaining your case, and not speaking in general about a brand. Because anyone who speaks in general about a brand, most likely is speaking of singular personal experience. Let's stay away from directly responsing to or pointing at people and talk it through with them please, be open minded.

I can tell you in my quest to pick up an AR i've had Rock River, Bushmaster, and Colt all highly reccomended to me over and over by experts that do not know each other. Most have said to stay away from DPMS, whether that is a general statement or pure fact I still do not know.

Re: the AK, well after years of research it was my first rifle i bought
                          Bottom line, more stopping power
                          Bottom line, no need as of right now to shoot something at 800 yards
                          Bottom Line you can bury it in a pile of sand and crap, pull it out and shoot it, would you do that with an AR?

just my .02 or .01 actually this morning lol :)

Why don't you guys start a specificpost about the model or brand AR's you'd like to talk in depth about. Do you think we have enough people here now to warrant creating sub categories for different types of rifles like the ak or ar15?

Comment

I wonder how many folks go and buy CRAP magazines that work in some AR's and try them in others and they turn into JAMMAMATICS and blame it on the rifle??? Or they take a stock well made reliable rifle and put so many TACTICOOL accesories and modifications they negate that reliability. KISS works well on rifles!!!

Bushy's are great weapons, I like DPMS as well as Rock River. I am sure if I had Colts, Les Bauers, or Wilson tactical Carbines, I would love them as well:D

I don't see an AR as an end all weapon, but rather one tool in a "tactical toolbox". I have most of my military experience on this weapon and I like it for the familiarity I have for this weapon system. I also have a great respect for the AK as well as the magazine fed .308 rifles. Most times I want the AR, but sometimes some of the other weapons fit the bill better!

later,
                            ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                            beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by bug_out
                              Rusty. AK is a great weapon system but not without it's own faults. People think they are "bulletproof" and they just aren't. They are however very reliable and do without a doubt carry a larger punch.

I have a cheap-o and am currently hunting down an arsenal milled non-ban. They have been discontinued but the heart wants what the heart wants.
                              There is a saying amongst us AK guys. If you cannot hit it with an AK, you cannot kill it with an AR. (There, more fuel for the fire)

Feel free to discuss.

Comment

If you are looking for a milled AK-variant, this is the best I have ever encountered. It shoots well, and is VERY well built.

http://www.ak-47.us/VZ2000.php

Comment

Working...
                                X