• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RossA
    replied
    I live in Houston.
    Houston=Humidity.
    I oil ALL exposed metal parts. I do, however, make sure to wipe away all excess oil and just leave the lightest possible coat on each surface, especially inside the barrel.

Leave a comment:

• Kimber
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    Yes...I swab the barrel with a rod swab and a light coat of Hoppe's after the wire & patch swab......keeps the rust & dust away.....don't drown it, of course....just a dab'll do ya....
    I do the same with my firearms :cool:

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    I clean and oil the whole firearm and then store them in silicone impregnated gun socks from Cabelas. Even here in the dust bowl, I have not had a problem with dust.

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
    Question......Do you oil the inside of your barrel when you clean your guns?
    I do not!
    I've always applied a light coat to the barrell to prevent rust. I have never had a problem with dust build up.

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    I do, but apply Militec lubricant and back it with a heat gun, and then dry it off. It soaks into the metal thereby making it easy to just wipe the bore clean next time. Its the best of both worlds.

I like to get it on new guns before they have been dirtied up, makes all subsequent cleaning much easier. It does not attract dust that way.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    I was always told to go with out the oil unless you are in a damp environment. Oil attracts dust, and a build up of oily dust through out the barrel can't be good.
    True...but on the other hand, dust cleans off alot easier than rust, and I'd rather claen once a week than deal with corrosion.....:D

Leave a comment:

• cudalyon
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    Yes...I swab the barrel with a rod swab and a light coat of Hoppe's after the wire & patch swab......keeps the rust & dust away.....don't drown it, of course....just a dab'll do ya....
    I was always told to go with out the oil unless you are in a damp environment. Oil attracts dust, and a build up of oily dust through out the barrel can't be good.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    I do not!

Leave a comment:

• cudalyon
    started a topic Cleaning your Firearms

Cleaning your Firearms

I do not!
Working...
X