2000 .22,
    200 .38's,
    300 308's
    100 7.5 x 55
    30 7.62 x 54R
    500 30 carbine
    and lots of 410 shot shells

But, I can make LOTS more.
    Rusty, i think you need to stock up buddy, what are you going to do ask someone to stop shooting while you start reloading ammo? You need atleast 5x what u have just in stock. Come on bud!
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

I've only started with my .45, considering I picked it up about a week ago. I've got about 1000 .22lr in my BoB, with another box of 500 sitting on my credenza. Need to hit up the store again for both.

Last time I went in for .45 they were out of FMJ's, and only had boxes of 50 HP's.
      "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

mine

Ok, I thought maybe I had gone overboard, but now i don't think so

I don't keep track of my practice ammo, in pistol my practice ammo is winchester FMJ or american eagle (for the .32) but I try to keep at least
        1000 rounds of practice ammo for both 9mm and .45 ACP.
        I also keep cheaper practice ammo for my rifles and try to keep at least 200 rounds of each on hand.
        For actual defensive use I have the following
        Pistol
        9mm - 500 rounds Federal Hydrashock
        .38 - 500 rounds Federal Hydrashock
        45 - 650 rounds Federal Hydrashock
        .32 - 100 rounds Corbon +P 60gr HP

Rifle
        .223 - 500 rounds Federal XM193 + 200 rounds SS109
        .308 - 200 rounds Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr HP
        .30-06 - 1000+ rounds FMJ surplus on M1 clips + 500 rounds Federal FMJ
        50 BMG - 20 rnds AP, 100 rnds FMJ

22LR ~ 5000 rounds Federal copper plated Hp

Throwing in the practice ammo that can be used also, i'd guess around 15,000 rounds total, of which 6000 is 22LR

I think my next goal is to add to my supply of rifle ammo and take the 22LR to 10000 rounds. The good news is I can generally still find my practice ammo and 22 bricks at Walmart in the DFW area (you have to know which ones) Unfortunately my premium ammo is not available at Walmart and some retailers have become quite proud of it. I refuse to pay $1 per round for hydrashock ammo that I can usually buy for $0.50.

This thread may get me into walmart tomorrow.
        My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Folks it's not so much about having ammo to shoot, but having it to trade and use as a commodity.

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
            Folks it's not so much about having ammo to shoot, but having it to trade and use as a commodity.
            And to shoot. :)

.22 will be "the" commodity shortly.

"Today, the Dow Jones .22 Index was up 43% due to some unexpected hoarding in Texas."

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
              EXACTLY!
              Read some of Ferfal's stuph!...post SHTF Argentina style says you need cheap gold necklaces that can be cut with scissors, and LOT'S of .22lr.
              10 rounds will barter very well!

Comment

You guys oughtta see my buddy Lurch's ammo bunker....I wish he'd let me take a pic, but he's a 'noid-ball.....gotta love him ;) Anyways, his pile still makes me drool every time I see it....gotta have at least 20000 in every cal I can think of, off hand....and the platforms to fire 'em.

Plus, D is right... I see .22 as being one of the top 3 trade commodities WTSHTF, right along side food and fuel, and you can't pack enough of those to trade off.
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Why would anybody in their right mind even consider bartering ammo??? I know I sure as hell wont. Giving ammo to someone who may very well turn against you and use YOUR bullets on you. Foolish. Now there may be exceptions, close friends or family, but outsiders will never see any of it. I have purchased lots of extra, but that is with thought that ammo will be taxed to death and I will be able to make a buck before SHTF. Extra money means more supplies!
                  "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches" Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo View Post
                    Why would anybody in their right mind even consider bartering ammo??? I know I sure as hell wont. Giving ammo to someone who may very well turn against you and use YOUR bullets on you. Foolish. Now there may be exceptions, close friends or family, but outsiders will never see any of it. I have purchased lots of extra, but that is with thought that ammo will be taxed to death and I will be able to make a buck before SHTF. Extra money means more supplies!
                    But what if money is no longer any good? I would hold on to the ammo a little longer and barter it for what ever supplies you seem to be running short on? I think ammo would be a great means of bartering. Keep in mind that most people are just trying to survive with on intent on causing harm to someone else. The ammo would be a good source for them to aquire the much needed protien and protection, and they would probably trade about anything for it. You would need to make sure that you have plenty for yourself of course.
                    ~Lyon~

Comment

Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                      But what if money is no longer any good? I would hold on to the ammo a little longer and barter it for what ever supplies you seem to be running short on? I think ammo would be a great means of bartering. Keep in mind that most people are just trying to survive with on intent on causing harm to someone else. The ammo would be a good source for them to aquire the much needed protien and protection, and they would probably trade about anything for it. You would need to make sure that you have plenty for yourself of course.
                      + 1,000,000....
                      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

yes you will barter ammo.

When you have no food and there is nothing to hunt you will trade ammo

when yoiu have no power and they have a generator, you will barter ammo

when they have fuel, and u don't, you will barter ammo

when your rifle has stopped working because of a broken part that they have, you will barter ammo

when they have medical supplies you need to save someone in your familly, you will barter ammo

don't think that you won't

Comment

Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                          I agree Cuda!
                          Chances are that if I have the intent to barter away some of my ammo, then I'm in dire need of something...and if I'm going to worry about someone using my bartered ammo against me...then I'll also be worrying about whether the food or water that I just bartered for is poisoned, or the medical attention will be intentionally botched...ect...ect. There wouldn't be any lack of things to worry about, but if I allow someone to get close enough to me to barter with...I won't worry about him/her using it against me any more than I would worry about everything else.
                          By the time my ammo becomes trade fodder...money will be worthless...and gold could suffer the same fate.

Comment

I am on the fence on bartering ammo and I will not say that I will not trade some ammo for stuff I need... but that ain't plan A ;)

later,
                            ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                            beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

Well, if one runs out of food, fuel, or anything else you need to survive, they were NOT prepared to begin with. If one is not resourceful enough to make due with what they have, or are not in an area that will provide food, they were NOT prepared. Those are facts. You can not depend on others in a time of need. It will be dog eat dog. Anybody who is not prepared for a minimum of 5 years of hard times, needs to wake up, and really prepare. Ammo will NEVER be used to barter at my camp. I am prepared..
                              "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches" Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo View Post
                                Well, if one runs out of food, fuel, or anything else you need to survive, they were NOT prepared to begin with. If one is not resourceful enough to make due with what they have, or are not in an area that will provide food, they were NOT prepared. Those are facts. You can not depend on others in a time of need. It will be dog eat dog. Anybody who is not prepared for a minimum of 5 years of hard times, needs to wake up, and really prepare. Ammo will NEVER be used to barter at my camp. I am prepared..
                                Good on you! Most of us are not prepared for 5 months, much less 5 years.
                                ~Lyon~

Comment

Working...
                                X