Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long_Hunter
    replied
    G19 w/ TFOs...normally use a "king tuck" IWB holster, but through most of the winter with the heavier, baggy clothing, I wear OWB in a Balckhawk leather saddle holster.

Leave a comment:

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Glock 42 is a wonderful gun .
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    replied
    I carry the Smith & Wesson 642 snubby. Inside the pocket holster. Crimson Trace laser sight. .38 special. DOA , hammerless.

It is easily concealable. Small, light weight. I prefer a revolver for that purpose: (close quarter self defense) point and shoot. The laser sight came with it. It works fine, but I seriously doubt I would ever have the time to engage it in a life threatening situation. I practice without it, so it is not a concern. It is easy to draw; and no hammer to snag on anything.

It is accurate although double action is a long trigger pull, and takes some getting used to. It has a five round capacity, and I don't carry any extra ammo on me. I guess I am betting the ranch that those five will get me to my car or out of harm's way.

Leave a comment:

• CountryGuy
    replied
    More often that not it's my Glock 27 subcompact in .40. though with winter on and wearing heavy and longer jackets I will also go with my Sig 220 in .45acp in an outside the pants holster. Though due to the windbreaker shell over a fleece inner jacket I'd be hard pressed to do much of any kind of fast draw from concealed. I'm trying to find a nice shoulder holster to be more comfortable and easier to draw without breaking the bank, but the search continues

if they ever chamber the LCP in .45ACP and feed it with a 10 rd mag.... ;) Guess I'll be waiting a while on that one...

Leave a comment:

• Mangler
    replied
    As an experiment, so I could become familiar with the realities of concealed carry, I carried my Taurus PT-11 .45 for a year. However, it was so cumbersome trying to be a responsible gun owner and try to effectively conceal carry a large frame 45 that I didn’t last six months.

Every workday I had to leave the firearm in my vehicle. I was reluctant to leave a loaded gun protected by a pane of glass, so I unloaded and locked it each time. I could have purchased a safe for the car, but then I would need one for each vehicle.

Going out for Friday night fish and a beer required me to leave it at home, because our law says you can’t have any alcohol in your system while in possession of a loaded firearm.

Trying to actually conceal a 45 is problematic. I don’t normally wear a suit coat or jacket at work, so conceal carrying it under my shirt was pointless; it was not concealed.

Fully loaded the PT-11 weighs 4 pounds. Having that hang off my belt was unbelievably uncomfortable after only a few days. It has front sights, rear sights, corners, edges, and a safety and hammer, which snagged on everything. My habits had to change, so I did not use my hip to hold open a door while my hands were full. Sitting in my vehicle was uncomfortable due to the extra space the firearm takes up.

I settled on putting my firearm in my GHB and leaving it in my vehicle. Most of the time I am in a facility that does not allow it anyway, but I can still get to a firearm within a few minutes. It won’t help in a quick draw situation, but it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• PrairieRat
    replied
    I'm 5' seven, 140#, so my choices of real concealable weapons with a practical energy level are limited.
    I chose a S&W 632 in .327 Federal Magnum.
    Boot & sleeve guns can also be had in this caliber.
    Now if I'm allowed to wear a duster... I'll take a P 90 5.7x28, or my Ranch Hand.

Leave a comment:

• dalewick
    started a topic Guys preferred Concealed Carry Weapon.

Guys preferred Concealed Carry Weapon.

I'm probably going to regret this but I was wondering what everyone considers to be the best Concealed Carry sidearm. Best make, model and caliber (include attached sighting systems) and why you feel the way you do. This isn't exactly what you carry but what you would carry if you could afford it.
    I've carried a Glock for years but if my rich uncle ever gets out of the poor house I would like to get a H&K USP in 40 caliber and add a Viridian C5L green laser sight. Doesn't hurt to dream.....right? :) Besides, Carrying a H&K MP5S is a little bulky.

Dale
Working...
X