Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone who tells you inflation is not a horrific threat is LYING to you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tugaloo View Post

I've seen ads for fake diamonds. Their claim is it is more brilliant, harder, and with less flaws etc.

After reading the reviews:
    https://www.amazon.com/Professional-...ustomerReviews

The upgraded one costs less and has better reviews:
    https://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Diam...ustomerReviews

Personally, I wouldn't want PMs or gem stones. What can I do with them? What can I buy with them?

BTW, I'm a gadget lover myself.

Yeah...I'm not big into gemstones but the ladies I see are definitely into them. My appreciation for valuable gemstones is more in an industrial capacity....tools etc. I did do some lapidary work in inexpensive gemstones as a teen and I liked it....but never took it back up. Also I never could afford the more expensive gemstones even in their raw state. One would hardly recognize a ruby or sapphire in its unrefined state...not that impressive at all.

But yes...indeed...I too am somewhat of a tool ...gadget lover..

Have a garage full of tools...mine and some of my Dad's tools.....some I only use on rare occasions...but................in some applications we know the tool/tools can verily make the job....Hence I like to keep them around and in working order.

I do get some PMs on occasion and put them back...because historically... I know that PMs will never be worth nothing....unllike paper monies...or serious trade goods.

Reading history and hearing some Olde Timers speak of the lives and hardships they have survived has taught me that..

We are so fortunate to live in such an economically blessed nation we are often not given to think about such and take our standard of living for granted....as normal......but the olde ones ...I am glad that they taught me some of what todays history books will not as they have lived it.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 01-01-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetom1999 View Post
      Yeah...I'm not big into gemstones but the ladies I see are definitely into them. My appreciation for valuable gemstones is more in an industrial capacity....tools etc. I did do some lapidary work in inexpensive gemstones as a teen and I liked it....but never took it back up. Also I never could afford the more expensive gemstones even in their raw state. One would hardly recognize a ruby or sapphire in its unrefined state...not that impressive at all.

But yes...indeed...I too am somewhat of a tool ...gadget lover..

Have a garage full of tools...mine and some of my Dad's tools.....some I only use on rare occasions...but................in some applications we know the tool/tools can verily make the job....Hence I like to keep them around and in working order.

I do get some PMs on occasion and put them back...because historically... I know that PMs will never be worth nothing....unllike paper monies...or serious trade goods.

Reading history and hearing some Olde Timers speak of the lives and hardships they have survived has taught me that..

We are so fortunate to live in such an economically blessed nation we are often not given to think about such and take our standard of living for granted....as normal......but the olde ones ...I am glad that they taught me some of what todays history books will not as they have lived it.

Orangetom
      Not an Ishmaelite.
      I used to work on Harleys and cars in an alley shop. As a result, I still have the tools, mikes, gauges etc.

AFA trade goods, I don't plan on trading.

As pretty much everything is made off shore; this nation's economic blessings are coming to an end. A lot of new vehicles will lack start-stop function because the OEMs can't get the "chip."

China put a city where semi-conductors (CPUs, DDRAM etc) are made into COVID lockdown. As a result, Samsung and Japan will be reopening their plants and even Intel and others are bringing some of the manufacturing back to the US.

We wanted to buy a new electric range, microwave and a black bottom freezer refrigerator. The first range that was seriously damaged and it took over a month to get a replacement, the microwave arrived and is installed. The refrigerator is unavailable. This ordeal began in last October and the refrigerator is still unavailable.
      My guess is the container ships are still off the coast.

At the local grocery store, the shelves usually filled with canned cat food are empty.

I can continue....

Comment

Tugaloo...

I did not know this information's. Thanks for bringing me up to date on this.

[China put a city where semi-conductors (CPUs, DDRAM etc) are made into COVID lockdown. As a result, Samsung and Japan will be reopening their plants and even Intel and others are bringing some of the manufacturing back to the US. [/quote]

I still have my Dad's olde 1967 Chevy Biscayne in a 250 Cubic Inch 6 cylinder...three on the Tree... in my garage..and it runs. When you open the hood you can see the ground underneath....unlike these newer cars with all the wiring and plumbing in them. It is verily simple compared to today's production vehicles. Points and condenser and vacuum advance. I have put back a couple of sets of points and condensors...also a coil for it.

We wanted to buy a new electric range, microwave and a black bottom freezer refrigerator. The first range that was seriously damaged and it took over a month to get a replacement, the microwave arrived and is installed. The refrigerator is unavailable. This ordeal began in last October and the refrigerator is still unavailable.
        My guess is the container ships are still off the coast.
        You know last year I got to thinking...and bought me a spare hot water heater...electric. Also I do not have central air here....and purchased a spare window AC unit..the largest they make 25,000 BTU and put both away in my garage as spares. I drained and put new heater coils in my current hot water heater...but just got to thinking and made those purchases.

I have been thinking about putting back a new washing machine as well but have not extended the thinking to a new fridge...or also microwave...but mayhap I should.

Dryers..I can change the heating coils and also the belts on mine no problem.

I try to keep my condenser coils clean under my fridge as I do know that much about refrigeration..and heat exchange..but it will not last forever...

Thanks for making me aware of those other two items.

Orangetom
        Not an Ishmaelite.

Comment

Tugaloo...

I did not know this information's. Thanks for bringing me up to date on this.

I still have my Dad's olde 1967 Chevy Biscayne in a 250 Cubic Inch 6 cylinder...three on the Tree... in my garage..and it runs. When you open the hood you can see the ground underneath....unlike these newer cars with all the wiring and plumbing in them. It is verily simple compared to today's production vehicles. Points and condenser and vacuum advance. I have put back a couple of sets of points and condensors...also a coil for it.

You know last year I got to thinking...and bought me a spare hot water heater...electric. Also I do not have central air here....and purchased a spare window AC unit..the largest they make 25,000 BTU and put both away in my garage as spares. I drained and put new heater coils in my current hot water heater...but just got to thinking and made those purchases.

I have been thinking about putting back a new washing machine as well but have not extended the thinking to a new fridge...or also microwave...but mayhap I should.

Dryers..I can change the heating coils and also the belts on mine no problem.

I try to keep my condenser coils clean under my fridge as I do know that much about refrigeration..and heat exchange..but it will not last forever...

Thanks for making me aware of those other two items.

Orangetom
          Not an Ishmaelite.
          There is a lot of fact based information out there; however, one must search for it. Too many people are overly sensitive about the truth.

I have a point coil and kickstart motorcycle that gets about a 45 MPG. OTOH, after and EMP or whatever; in time, the gas stations will be drained.

IMO, all our creature comforts will be gone.

I'm about due to swap out the heater coils in the hot water heater here.

Comment

You know Tugaloo...I have in my garage in addition to my Dad's olde 1967 Chevy Biscayne ..three on the tree.....his olde Lambretta 2 cycle motor scooter purchased through the PX system in the 1950s...in Orly, France, One of these days I am going to get it running again.

They were all metal back then...not plastic like today.

I made the hot water heater element job to be harder than what it really was...once I got into it. I'd never done one before that day.

Orangetom
            Not an Ishmaelite.

Comment

You know Tugaloo...I have in my garage in addition to my Dad's olde 1967 Chevy Biscayne ..three on the tree.....his olde Lambretta 2 cycle motor scooter purchased through the PX system in the 1950s...in Orly, France, One of these days I am going to get it running again.

They were all metal back then...not plastic like today.

I made the hot water heater element job to be harder than what it really was...once I got into it. I'd never done one before that day.

Orangetom
              Not an Ishmaelite.
              We watch American Pickers on TV and I noticed they will "pick" old Lambretta scooters to restore and resell. Do a search for Lambretta scooters for sale. You may find it interesting..

Almost always old cars and two wheelers lacked all the "plastic" and are a lot easier to work on than modern ones.

Same here, the first repair always requires more time and work.

Comment

Orangetom
                Not an Ishmaelite.
                Orangetom,
                In post #35, I mentioned I'm about due to change the H/W's heating elements?

Today, as the H/W kept getting cooler until we both started noticing. I changed both the H/W heater heating elements today and the upper and lower thermostats.
                The lower heating element had a lot of calcium deposits on it. As a result, the water wasn't as hot (125°) as it used to be. Calcium deposits are one of the "joys" of well water.
                What made me uncomfortable was loosening the thin nuts on the heating elements. I have a 3/4" drive 1-1/2" socket and breaker bar.

Comment

Not leadership and this is one stupid stupid woman or she is Demonic....

Today, 11:43 AM
                  I was stunned to see someone put something so incredibly stupid and think this is intelligence and to be admired...as were it leadership..

Warren: 39-Year High Inflation Is Partly Due to Companies Using Talk about Inflation as Chance to Price Gouge (breitbart.com)

This is textbook government blame game for which the left is so often want to use ...particularly in concealing their failures.

Companies cannot increase the money supply which is the number one cause of inflation.....or the creation of new M Factor...an increase in the money supply.

Elizabeth Warren wholesale avoids this topic or arena and counts on most Americans being totally ignorant of what causes inflation...or what inflation actually is.

And she would not be wrong.

According to the Federal Reserve Publications...what we call Inflation is in reality depreciation...or loss in purchasing power of the monies...or put another way...the weakening of the Dollar's purchasing power....

Thus it takes more dollars to obtain what you purchased last week....

Modern Money Mechanics

Money in Colonial New England

And other Federal Reserve Publications.

Companies are aware of this trend....versus the general public trained and educated via television and movies.....that ESPN and Kardashian education of which I am often describing.

We are not to know this about inflation and few news media will clear this up for us...that it is actually a weakening of the purchasing power of the dollar by printing too many of them..

When you know this history and fact....you look at leaders like Elizabeth Warren.....and realize how incredibly stupid/ignorant or on the other hand Demonic in their attempts to deflect what is really happening while counting on most of us being ignorant....and they would not be wrong.

What companies are doing is ensuring their profits or they will take a loss if they do not....and their competitors will buy them out. These companies are not in it to take a loss.

Government on the other hand ...does not concern itself with taking a loss...as they have total access to money creation ..without work and without risk.

We and companies on the other hand create money or capital by work/labor and or risk taking...

When you realize this truism...you realize how diabolical/demonic government is in their blame game operations...to hide what is really happening out here.

Companies cannot create new M factor as can government...

Be Warned....you are watching Ishmaelites at work....Demonic Ishmaelites at work.....lying and deceiving.

This is not a representative government.....when you have parties heavily invested in the blame game....and not the Truth.

And knowing this truism is important to your survival......because you are looking at a demonic BS artist at work...

And remember...while this is happening ...the Republicans are silent....It is not just the Democrats..

Be Warned the Ishmaelites.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
                  Orangetom
                  Last edited by orangetom1999; 01-14-2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I found a site that stated what $1 could buy in 2020 or 2019 would cost $1.07 today. Just who are they trying to kid?
                    IMO, they picked the least highest inflation and ignored the cost of energy.
                    AKA, sweep it under the rug. The problem what that, is sooner or later all that dirt under the carpet becomes a hill.
                    One of the most serious issues, our news media is complicit as they are hiding the facts.

Check this out: https://usdebtclock.org
                    Now, isn't that scary?

One of the blame game reasons for all the shortages.
                    Drum roll... People spent their stimulus money on luxury goods. Actually. that could be for the employed and doubtable for the unemployed.

Were you talking about Lieawatha? To the naysayers Lieawatha is a word.
                    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lieawatha ROFL
                    Anyhow, her full name is Lieawatha Fauxcahontas.
                    If you search for Fauxcahontas, your hits will include pictures./satire off/

Two of her "classic" statements
                    "there's always enough money"
                    2. ""there's always money."
                    IMO, what she is really means is there's always someone else's money.

Comment

A Question For The Members ..about Inflation ..about Leadership???

In my sometimes-rabid musings a question came to me...a concept...a understanding....an awakening...

And that is the understanding of controlling and regulating human activity....and inflation.

That inflation could be a tool used by someone or some group to control and regulate human activity..by design..by a plan....

How about across this Globe???

That Inflation could be every bit as effective a Covid 19 limitations in controlling and regulating human activity across the board...across the country...by a plan ..by a design...

For increasing prices would definitely control and regulate human activity.

You don't even have to pass any new laws to control human activity ...just increase or decrease inflation as needed or not needed.

What say ye members on this kind or line of thinking....???

How many of us could even imagine such an thing going on right in front of us ...daily???

Does the MSM bring up this kind or line of thought...or understanding....in their reporting..or is this a line of thinking we are never supposed to go there while thinking more government is always the solution????

Am I being crazy here.......??? You know....way out there in outer space??? In the Ozone???

Could someone or some group/groups be deliberately manufacturing inflation/deflation as needed to keep people and nations properly "Herded" as needed....for social/ political lucre. This for someone or some group/groups not wanting to be seen or known.

No laws need be passed...just increase or decrease the inflation rates!!

Be Warned these Ishmaelites.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
                      Orangetom

Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-05-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Well said.

We buy food etc. in quantity at Costco and Sam's. We went to Costco in Greenville, SC. As she was driving, I was "sightseeing." I look at one of those digital display signs at a gas station and as I was looking, the price increased by 20 cents.

A friend is a builder and he used to quote a price and any increases were out of his pocket. Now his quotes are cost plus or as inflation increases, so does the cost. We are talking $30K or more.

Inflation will change our lives unless we close our eyes to what we see at the grocery stores or the cost of fuel and energy.. A smaller size can of beans costs a lot more than a larger sized can did. Check your electric bill, ours increased and we used about the same amount of electricity.

It is bad and the situation will get worse.

Comment

I do the same when I can ..buy in bulk and also put back some supplies with long shelf lives.

I took the woman I am seeing to work today....and we stopped at a local restaurant to get a bite before she had tow work. It was too crowded after church let out so we stopped at the local McDonalds for a quick bite....

Watching the crowds, as I am oft want to do...,I began to formulate a concept ...a thought ...a pattern....

If inflation runs as a way to control further the "Herd" how many people will it remove from the McDonalds Crowd....families stopping there post after school activities....et al. Will more people not be able to afford the gasoline for after school activities...??? Much less the McDonalds trips???

How big a curb will this put on people....and their activities....

Was Covid a pilot test program for this kind of thing???? To see how the public would react before the real program took place???

Yeah...I know....just the sometimes rabid manner in which I think. But I do not believe I am far off the mark in attempts to control and or regulate the "Herd."

And I believe inflation is the precise tool needed for such results without the consent of the people or their representatives.

Ishmaelites run wild....gasoline went up another 20 cents on my local street to $3.99 from $3.79. Last week it went from $3.39 to $3.59 and quickly to $3.79. To be continued.......................................

Ishmaelites run wild...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
                          Orangetom

Comment

We buy in bulk from Costco and Sam's because it saves $$$. For any long term event, we have a garden, heirloom seeds and a solar powered electric to keep our 4 legged neighbors out.

I'm not sure; however at the prior house we fed the deer and they never bothered the garden. My best guess is either they call "hear" the fence or it is the yellow "warning high voltage" signs that hang on the wires.
                            Still more work to do...

I hear you and as I remember paying over $4 a gallon in 2008.

"AAA: Gasoline Prices Soar to Highest Since 2008 on Russia Conflict" and gas is going to continue to go up. AAA is blaming the Russian conflict.. I call bull malarkey on that as the reason is an EO shut down the two pipelines from Canada.

Mickey D's and another fast food emporiums are no longer a cheap date. Locally the prices of Domino's pizzas seem to draw a crowd.

COVID restrictions shut down a lot of small to medium sized businesses; add paying people to stay home instead of work.
                            Jeremiah comes to mind "As ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap" and we are reaping.

Our so-called representatives main and only concern is filling their own wallets.

Comment

Working...
                            X