Average income, taxes and savings in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average income, taxes and savings in America

I'm interested in comparing the income and financial possibilities of an average American and average Russian.
    I will write data about America, which I found on the Internet. Perhaps this is wrong. Please correct ...

I think finances in a month, and not in a year, I'm so more clear

So:
    - the average American - $ 54,000 average annual income or $ 4,670 per month,
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/16/news/economy/census-poverty-income/index.html

- Income taxes: federal, state and local + payment of contributions to the pension, insurance funds - 15-40%
    If you take the minimum bet, then he has $ 3970 on his hands
    - of them - "standard of living" (just food, clothes ... 7.5 dollars per hour) 1 305 $ per month

-------------------------------------------------- -----
    The balance is $ 2670. Is spent per month:
    - housing is available through a mortgage for 30 years, loan repayments of at least $ 1500 per month
    - Medical insurance costs a minimum of $ 200,
    - Higher education for an average American is not available (only college, not institute or university). How much does it cost to study in college?
    - auto insurance, taxes on real estate, property, utilities - 800 $
    - Sales tax on all purchased goods, about 5%, which is another $ 100

That is, after all payments, the average American has in the month only $ 70 of the balance for savings ...

It is right?

If this is correct, then the average Russian has about the same ...

Try going to this website. You can compare the cost of living all over the world. I have never found a good place to be able to compare taxes, and they do vary greatly even in the U.S (from State to State). Remember you have at least three levels of taxes: Federal, State, and Local

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

I'm not sure what you mean by Higher Education. Here the terms College and University are interchangeable. A University would be a group of colleges all part of one institution. You would get what we call an Undergraduate Degree from a college or university. You can also get Graduate degrees from these same institutions. Is that what you are considering institute or university? A place where you get an advanced degree like a Doctor, Lawyer, Veterinarian, Dentist?

Our educational system has different terms for different levels. Grades 1 through 5 or 6 are usually called Grammar School or Grade School. Grades 6,7,8 (some places only 7,8) are called middle school or Junior High School. Grades 9 through 12 are called High School. There are public and private schools at all levels including college and university. The public schools through High School are " Free ". As it is anywhere, nothing is free. We are taxed for education depending on the school system where you live, but public schools usually do not charge tuition. The private schools charge tuition, a fee or cost to attend that school. These fees can range from modest to very expensive even at very low levels.

I hope this helps.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
      Try going to this website. You can compare the cost of living all over the world. I have never found a good place to be able to compare taxes, and they do vary greatly even in the U.S (from State to State). Remember you have at least three levels of taxes: Federal, State, and Local
      https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
      Thank you
      They compare the cost of living.
      I have just looked at this and there are doubts
      -------------------------------
      Unfortunately, I did not find the final figure for the cost of living per month in different countries, because they give only the value of a unit of a product, rather than an approximate calculation of the costs per month.
      In addition, it estimates the list of products in different countries, but the list of these products is typical for the American. In fact, in Russia this list is very different. This is the main problem ...
      Prices, basically, there are shown correctly, but some of them are calculated for the American tourist, because the Russian will not buy goods in those stores. They are inexpensive, but we do not so customarily.
      -------------------------------------------
      Look, I went to your link to the data on Russia and I see inconsistencies:
      There are shown the costs that we do not, and, conversely, does not show the costs that really exist
      https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...country=Russia

1. Restaurants
      Russians rarely go to restaurants or buy semi-finished products, as they consider it for lazy people. We usually cook at home, so men always choose a wife who can cook.
      Products are accepted to buy local production in village markets, and not in supermarkets. In supermarkets often sell imported frozen food and GMOs, we do not like it.
      Large enterprises, schools and institutes, as a rule, have their own dining room. Only young people go to McDonald's.

2. Markets
      The list shows white bread, rice and beef, but important products are not shown ...
      In fact, we often buy black bread + white bread, buckwheat, pork and lamb. Pork - 90 percent of the meat ration, beef production fell sharply after the collapse of the Soviet Union and now almost all beef is imported frozen ...

3. Sports And Leisure
      At us it is accepted "to go in for sports, to have a good time and have a rest" on country houses - summer residences, that is independent building, truck farming and gardening. It's free and most urban residents have a country house. In the fitness clubs go rich lazy people who do not have a country house to lose weight.

4. Childcare
      Private kindergartens are shown there. In fact, most kindergartens are free or sponsored by the state.

5. Clothing And Shoes
      Jeans and sneakers are worn only by young people or adults worn when traveling outside the city for work at the dacha. At the same time, in these stores we rarely buy these brands, as they are expensive and then used incorrectly for dirty work.
      Mostly wear in the city - pants and shoes.

6. Salaries And Financing
      There is written Average Monthly Net Salary (AFTER Tax) = 37490 rubles.
      This is mistake.
      In fact, this is Average Monthly Net Salary (BEFORE Tax)
      Real Average Monthly Net Salary (AFTER Tax), that is, the salary on hand after deduction of taxes and deductions to social funds for 2016 = 28,000 rubles.
      -------------------------------------------------- -
      In this way...
      In my calculations, I'm trying to create a scheme by which you can compare the level of expenditure in different countries. That is, to calculate how much savings you will have if you make all the expenses to sustain life.
      In my scheme it does not matter which particular goods are bought in different countries (this depends on national preferences), but the remaining savings should show whether the average salary level in the country is sufficient.

================================================== =
      Do you see the difference that you showed me on your link and what am I trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean by Higher Education. Here the terms College and University are interchangeable. A University would be a group of colleges all part of one institution. You would get what we call an Undergraduate Degree from a college or university. You can also get Graduate degrees from these same institutions. Is that what you are considering institute or university? A place where you get an advanced degree like a Doctor, Lawyer, Veterinarian, Dentist?

Our educational system has different terms for different levels. Grades 1 through 5 or 6 are usually called Grammar School or Grade School. Grades 6,7,8 (some places only 7,8) are called middle school or Junior High School. Grades 9 through 12 are called High School. There are public and private schools at all levels including college and university. The public schools through High School are " Free ". As it is anywhere, nothing is free. We are taxed for education depending on the school system where you live, but public schools usually do not charge tuition. The private schools charge tuition, a fee or cost to attend that school. These fees can range from modest to very expensive even at very low levels.

I hope this helps.
        Well, on this point one has to think more to write correctly

Comment

While working in the military, I lived overseas over 14 years; including Japan 7 years, Philippines 3 years, Korea 1 year and Thailand/Australia 2 years.

Anywhere you live there is things you like and dislike about the areas.

Japan - security, traffic

Philippines - cost of living, food, everyone speaks English

Dislikes

Japan - rent, food (Example in 1986 a McDonalds Big Mac cost about 6 American dollars.

Philippines - security (crime) may need private security for your home (I did that for 6 months to protect my family)

Comment

You will be surprised that there is more democracy in Russia for survivalist ..
            Why?
            We say "The strictness of our laws is compensated by the non-mandatory nature of their execution"
            This is a Russian tradition.
            I'll tell you what it is.
            I believe that this is the right thing in forests and for survival.
            ----------------
            I like to watch Discovery movies with an American "survival guy" ...
            I do not remember his name. He walks with long hair plaited in a pigtail. And does not wear shoes. He walks barefoot. He sleeps almost naked in the winter

Comment

Still there is a guy from England. Grill Bears
              I do not believe in these shootings.
              I served in the taiga ... in the Arctic and I know how to spend the night in Taiga in the winter.

If you follow his advice to survive in the taiga in Siberia, then you will freeze

Comment

We do have some so called survival experts that try to show how to survive every where. People who have lived in the area know if they know what they are talking about. Real practical experience is better or lessons from one who has had it. I can give help on how to survive in the area/climate I have lived in but would be no good in the arctic or desert.

Comment

Working...
                X