No announcement yet.

Silver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Belle. I don't consider it much of an investment.
    More of a novelty gift for grand kids.

Comment

Silver is not good for saving.
      Historically, during the critical periods of life a "black day", people saved in gold.
      It does not matter how much gold costs today, because ...
      You buy it not for speculation and resale, but only for that "black day".
      ----------------------------------
      In the Soviet Union, during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, it was gold that helped to survive in Leningrad, where there was a famine. Silver was not appreciated.
      Diamonds - also do not suit, as they burn.
      -----------------------------------
      Gold is sold in bars or coins.
      In Russia, when buying gold bullion, you have to pay value-added tax, and when it is sold, it does not return, that is, 20 percent is lost.
      In coins, the tax is not withheld, but the bank sets a price and a margin of purchase / sale, which is small compared to bullion.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
        We have some silver, but it is a very minor part of our preps. My wife felt a desperate need to have some, so you go along. We will probably buy more just to stay diversified, but for true preps we stick with Buggy's list. Oh yeah, and lots of alcohol.
        We do not consider silver as a sign of prosperity.
        In every family there is, at least, silverware ...
        Mother, a doctor, stores silver needles and tiles for Chinese medicine.
        ------------------
        1. Silver is given to young unmarried girls
        2. Gold to my wife
        3. Diamonds give - mistresses ... не знаю правильного перевода на английский

Comment

In a survival situation, neither gold nor silver is going to get you anything. About all you can do is melt it down for use in a survival situation but not even sure how that would be used. I have some, but it is the collectors type of coins. Still even those will one day be useless.

Comment

Working...
          X