• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Griptilian
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2012

Whats in my pocket on a daily basis

This is what I generally carry daily. The carabiner/knife combo that you see I thought was made in the U.S.A., turns out it was made in China.(Kershaw) Orange knife is the Benchmade Griptilian, my fav so far. Getting tougher where I live, not too far from Memphis, & I might be carrying my handguns more often. I also carry my trusted P-38 & taped down, to keep from ripping a hole in me or my clothes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Griptilian; 04-20-2012, 11:55 AM.
  • countryboy6685
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2011

In my pockets I carry a Leatherman wave a bic lighter a tractor supply 9 LED flashlight a Stanly tape measure . a Sheffield utility knife a 6 inch adjustable wrench a 6 inch pair of vise grips a note pad and a stainless steel ink pin and a saber tool ( 6 way screwdriver ) and a Davis arms 22WMR derringer .
    Robert W
    Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• RatLife
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012

Ha yeah those p38s are great at snagging your pocket. I have one on my keys also. One thing i carry that is quite handy is a Milwaukee brand voltage detector. It has a flashlight and you can hold it against a receptacle,power cord etc and if the red indicator light lights up you know you have voltage there. Several companys make voltage detectors but i like that this one has a flashlight built in and the compact size. slightly larger than a tube of chapstick.

Comment

• 48rocks
        • Apr 2012

Besides my blackberry Torch, I carry a '74 Case Sodbuster knife- mostly for cleaning my finger nails. Working in the Memphis area, I have a Car EDC pack that includes a Sig P230, First Aid Kit, Water, GPS, Gloves, non-work shoes and a jacket. Besides the usual Memphis crime, the Madris fault is the biggest threat- which is why I don't park in a parking garage and have a plan to get home.

Comment

• Threat-Zero
          • Sep 2014

I carry a Camillus TL-29 electricians knife in my pocket along with a P-38 can opener. (On my belt is a Buck 110 and Springfield XD40SC).

Comment

• RICHFL
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2011

What you carry each day depends on what your job is.

If you work in Law Enforcement: hand weapon, 2 reloads, night stick, flashlight, cuffs, pepper spray, duty belt, and stun gun.

If you work on a farm: folding knife, assortment of tools, gloves, at least one clean rag, and a multi-wire tool.

If you work in the city: folding knife (Max blade length depends on local laws), radio, water container, (Coffee), keys on ring

Comment

• Morgan101
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2012

Well stated Rich. I would add on my key ring I have a small Fenix flashlight; whistle, and pen knife. I always carry a lighter and handkerchief.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

• dalewick
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2012

I'm retired, so I have my around the home everyday carry as well as what I carry when I go anywhere. I have a shortened set of keys (house, buildings & ATV), lighter, nitroglycerine pills, Gerber folder, Glock 19 & spare mag.

When I travel I have a full set of keys, Gerber folder, Glock 19 & spare mag., wallet with all important cards and documents, lighter, P-38, small flashlight, chapstick, button compass, 20 feet of monofilament (20 lbs strength) and 5 #6 hooks. If I have my good hat I also have 6 ft. of fine piano wire (inside brim of hat).

Dale

Comment

• jezcruzen
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2012

Add to the below pics a handgun. Handgun itself and method of carry is dictated by how I'm dressed, where I'm going, and the perceived need.

The pocket survival kit is carried anytime I'm bushwacking and/or in a remote location.

Comment

• jimLE
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2015

the Gerber multi tool pliers and Stanley utility knife i keep on my belt.every thing else goes into my pockets

Click image for larger version

Name:	6da3ba0c69fe7cbd8e2e26d19fb7927c.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	187915

Name:	DSCN0940[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	187916
                    Last edited by jimLE; 01-04-2015, 03:09 PM.
                    be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

• countryboy6685
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by countryboy6685 View Post
                      In my pockets I carry a Leatherman wave a bic lighter a tractor supply 9 LED flashlight a Stanly tape measure . a Sheffield utility knife a 6 inch adjustable wrench a 6 inch pair of vise grips a note pad and a stainless steel ink pin and a saber tool ( 6 way screwdriver ) and a Davis arms 22WMR derringer .
                      Robert W
                      I have added a smart phone with a lot of books and info and a bic lighter .
                      Robert W
                      Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• jimLE
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2015

my new carry.paid $5.25 with tax for it.and it has come in handy a few times already..

Name:	DSCN1040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	188026
                        be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

• Yeti-2015
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2015

Keys, a nano flash light, two small tools that someone gave me with mutliple tools on them. I mostly use the beer opener.

Comment

• Gold Lock
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2018

KISS for social occasions. - Kel-Tec P3AT, a six round mag in the pistol, a ten round mag in the same pocket (16 total) and a Galco horse hide holster. The holster stays in your pocket when presenting your pistol. I bought the pistol for $225 and a box of ammo came with it. Never been shot. The little pistol shoots very well. I took an Elmer Keith sitting position with my back braced against the truck tire and my wrists on my knees. I shot reloads with cheap red-dot shotgun powder volumetrically measured. At 20 yards I was getting three round groups that you could cover with a quarter. Now they might have been six or nine inches away from the aim point but still this is excellent for a little pistol. The sights are low profile and basic but this is what you want for a pocket pistol. It is always on me. My father told me that if you can't hold your breath and grab your weapon then you are too far away from it.

Comment

Working...
                            X