Do you generally wear a time piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you generally wear a time piece?

I have a few watches....been really liking the G-Shock I got earlier in the fall.....

I think I'm getting a Atomic/Solar G-shock for Christmas...:)

What do you wear?
    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

I haven't worn a watch since 1975 when I discharged from the military...They say time is irrelevant and besides, when I am working, I hate watching the time...lol
    http://ryeder.wordpress.com/

Comment

I have too many meetings through out the day to not wear one.....and if I pull out my damn phone.....I'll check my mail and then get distracted....:(

Comment

I wear a Rolex except when I'm meeting customers.:)
        You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

every single day!! i'm obsessed with timepieces. i have my grandfather's pocket watch from 1927. my everyday is a simple timex ironman.

Comment

I wear a Seiko kinetic wristwatch. It is what they used to call a selfwinder. If I wear a watch with batteries the batteries run down in a few hours. Possibly due to my electrifying personality. I looked for a long time before I found a self winding watch. This one was on sale and discontinued. I am not sure if they even make a self winding watch anymore. Yeah I could use my cellphone like most people do but this way I can leave my phone in the pickup or shut it off to get away from it and still know the time.
            SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

im with ryder. i had one when i was a kid it fell apart after a couple of years and i havent worn one since. it drives me nuts to 'follow the time' all the time... i know that some folks with lots of meetings and such like them, but i have no need for one...
              theres nothing that makes the day drag on and on worse than checking your watch or clock all day...

Comment

yep. A cheap timex. I love my watch. I use my phone for an alarm though. I am a mommobile too many places to be through out the day. Gotta be punctual :)
                If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nakadnu View Post
                  I wear a Seiko kinetic wristwatch. It is what they used to call a selfwinder.
                  I had a Seiko bellmatic back in the mid 70s', a few years later someone felt they needed more than I did.
                  For the past 10 yrs or so I haven't had the need of a watch, when it gets dark out I quit and get some supper.

O.W.
                  Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

No, I don't. I usually use my phone if I need to keep an appointment.
                    "The enemy is the necessary condition for practicing patience."

Comment

I buy old wined and automatic watches at swapmeets and flea markets I like to tinker and and take things apart i have gotten pretty good at it I have a Casio for work and a few timex wind watches a seiko automatic and a new marathon wind watch all working now and a pile of those that are in between working and strictly for parts but we will see how they turn out
                      Iron mike
                      Veteran Member
                      Last edited by Iron mike; 12-13-2011, 10:32 AM.
                      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
                        yep. A cheap timex. I love my watch. I use my phone for an alarm though. I am a mommobile too many places to be through out the day. Gotta be punctual :)
                        Hey Stranger....Good to see ya....:)

Comment

I'm lucky enough to have been given a Rolex from my dad. I love the idea that if all power goes, as long as I keep it on it will keep time. No batts and no winding. It can be wound but doesn't have to be.

I don't generally need to keep tabs on the time but it will be comforting post shtf.

Comment

I have to wear a watch. I work for the Department of the Army, at a military school, so I have lots of meetings to go to. Punctuality is critical when dealing with the boses. :)
                            As Zombie Axe would say...
                            "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

A 30.00 Timex Expedition that keeps working. I install fence for a living and its always getting banged,bumped and cement dust on it,,,still ticking.

Comment

Working...
                              X