Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDC+ how many extra magazines, and how do you carry 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    RICHFL
    Valued Member

• RICHFL
    replied
    I want to replace my Glock 40 S&W with the new M-17 the military is going to use. For one thing the cost is a lot less.

Glock is becoming too pricey and parts are becoming hard to find. I love the feel of the new M-17 it is not as wide in the handle as the Glock is. The M-17 also uses 2 springs for recoil - very different the the one spring in my Glock and 1911. Easier to clean.

As to how many mags - depends on situation - normal day to day I carry one mag in and two attached to belt.

Pending action I carry 6 additional on my vest along with 6 AK 30 round clips.

At home I don't count because I keep buying them. Plus enough weapons, ammo, and the M-60A1 tank to start a small war or major action.do the same.

As has been told to me for years from veterans from WW-2, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

"The last person standing with a loaded weapon is the winner! So never never run out"

RICHFL
    Valued Member
    Last edited by RICHFL; 10-07-2018, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofLiberty
    Valued Member

• SonofLiberty
    replied
    Have you looked at the Ruger LC9s? 9mm 7+1 and depending on how you dress, could be a pocket pistol. Definitely light and accurate. It was on my list, but I chose the SCCY in order to support a small company that actually supports the 2A for American civilians. I also like how it shoots.

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    Valued Member

• Applejack
    replied
    I still carry my Ruger but am looking to buy something easier on my arthritic hands. Haven't had a chance really to go looking but am open to suggestions. Looking for something small to carry for concealed carry.

Leave a comment:

• SonofLiberty
    Valued Member

• SonofLiberty
    replied
    In town, I now EDC a SCCY 9mm. I used to carry a Taurus PT111. I got rid of it when they got rid of the lifetime warranty. I got the SCCY because it is made in Daytona FL. It is very reasonably priced. It is light enough to comfortably carry even in Florida heat. I carry 2 spare magazines.
    In the woods I carry a Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum. I like it for it's utter reliability and big punch. It has already saved my life once. I carry 2 speed loaders and I keep one of these close by.
    Includes: One Speed Beez Speed Loader One Loading Block,One SBC Case (COL (case overall length) that allows the lid to close 1.510) Get it all with one click.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra 173
    Valued Member

• Sierra 173
    replied
    New update... I have gone to carrying, in some cases, my Glock 19 with 2 magazines and a new Ruger PC-9 carbine. The PC-9 breaks into two sections for easy storage and mine is set up to use Glock magazines. So this is a win-win for me. The PC-9 is the new model and I also have 5 extra magazines that I keep with it. That means I can use all magazines in either my carbine or my G-19 depending on how I choose to use them.

Leave a comment:

• CountryGuy
    Valued Member

• CountryGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by smelt

maiming them will indeed be a 'worst case", since they'll be suing your butt off. hit them fast enough, enough times and be slow enough calling 911 that they die!
    Don't you think the dead guys family's lawyer won't point out in court "Mr Smelt... please explain to the court and jury why after you shot the poor "victim" 6 times you failed to call 911 for 20 minutes? Please Sir, help us to understand why you stood by and watched this poor father of 3 bleed to death in front of you and why you didn't render aid."

Leave a comment:

• dalewick
    Valued Member

• dalewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

Yep.........I go to town for supplies once a year. And actually 50 years ago (in Alaska) you could walk in any store with a rifle, no one cared. There were not many stores to choose from back then.
    That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Dale

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough
    Valued Member

• Sourdough
    replied
    Originally posted by dalewick View Post

I have to ask. How does that work at the grocery store or Wally World? I'm thinking you live in a more remote area than I do here in the middle of no where WV. More details PLEASE!

Dale
    Yep.........I go to town for supplies once a year. And actually 50 years ago (in Alaska) you could walk in any store with a rifle, no one cared. There were not many stores to choose from back then.

Leave a comment:

• dalewick
    Valued Member

• dalewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
    My EDC is AR-10 (7.62X51)
    I have to ask. How does that work at the grocery store or Wally World? I'm thinking you live in a more remote area than I do here in the middle of no where WV. More details PLEASE!

Dale

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough
    Valued Member

• Sourdough
    replied
    My EDC is AR-10 (7.62X51)

Leave a comment:

• Feet1st

• Feet1st
    replied
    I normally carry one extra 8rd magazine for my M&P 9mm
    I have tons of magazines and rounds I just don't see the need for more in my EDC.

Leave a comment:

• RICHFL
    Valued Member

• RICHFL
    replied
    I have a safe under the rear seat that holds to long guns. It is bolted to the floor and can be opened either by combination or key.

Most states allow the carrying of weapons in a vehicle as long as you cannot get at them (Like in a trunk or safe). So mine stay in the safe. The vest is kept in the vehicle inside a side wall you would need to know it was there to get at it.

That was one modification I had done professionally for a total of 4 compartments. So I carry extra ammo and my bug-out bag and no one is the wiser. Did that 4 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• CountryGuy
    Valued Member

• CountryGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
    I have the capacity for concealed carry in my and 9 other states. That is because I was a Deputy Sheriff.
    never law enforcement in civilian world but I can carry in 30 states with reciprocity to my PA permit and then I took a class and got a Utah permit that gets me like 3 more states beyond those that recognize PA's permit. You might want to look into it if you do much travel.

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
    I have a tactical vest that is always in the back seat with 2 additional weapons a shotgun and a AK-47. The vest carries 6 30 round mags for the AK and 3 mags for the pistol.
    you roll around everyday with that much hardware in your vehicle? how do you secure it when say you're parked somewhere like say the mall, Wallyworld, grocery store, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    Valued Member

• Morgan101
    replied
    For EDC I have an S&W M&P 40; one mag loaded and chambered; one spare mag.

Leave a comment:

• dalewick
    Valued Member

• dalewick
    replied
    This is my EDC since I retired. It's complete (minus 1 spare mag) but I'm flexible enough to add or subtract items when needed. The sidearm is a Glock 43. I used to carry a G19 but prefer the 43 now as it's all I need for my location.

Dale

Leave a comment:

Working...
X