Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDC+ how many extra magazines, and how do you carry 'em?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a full size Glock 40 cal. that I carry occasionally....And I sometimes carry, a 32 SW revolver.... Honestly, many times I am without a firearm. I have a BenchMade folder that got in the National Guard that I carry and I have a Kershaw Blur in my truck on the visor. In my wallet, I have a Logitech credit card companion with 10 waterproof matches taped to it with 3M duct tape. I have 1 surgical scalpel blade taped to the bottom of each of my shoe insoles, still in the protective foil, btw....

Too be honest, I have been out of work for 2 years and that's why I don't have a pocket gun.

But, I have just put a Colt Defender 45 in Layaway. I got it used with it's original case (box) w 2 mags for 750. I really love that gun, btw...

I wanted a bigger caliber gun, because I'm a level headed guy with integrity. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm not the guy that pulls his gun for anything other than the worst. I could be in an argument or even a scuffle and not even think about my gun. But, if i'm ever in the situation that requires me to shoot. Which means someone is a threat to my family or innocent lives, then I want the guy dead best case. Second best case, I want to inflict unrepairable lifechanging damage to them.

That's why I want a bigger caliber. But, if you carry a .380 I'm not picking a fight, just putting out my personal thoughts on EDC.

thanks,

Johnny

Comment

I carry 2 magazines on my left side ( I am right handed) with the bullets pointing forward, (facing the belt buckle) so that when I index the magazine I can just pull it up to the gun with the bullets pointed the right way, with out having to think about it
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sig 1911 .45 one in the chamber and 7 in the mag. One spare mag of 7 on the left side. I think 15 230 gr. bullets should do the trick unless I am a complete idiot that day.
        "Don't be afraid to see what you see"... Ronald Reagan, 1988

Comment

When I was stationed in Panama during 80's when we were ousting Noregia I was issued a Gov. 1911 .45. I was there for three tours which most of the time was spent around foreign nationals in the city. Standard issue was on 7 round mag in the pistol and two mags on the belt. I also threw in a 50 round box in my AWOL bag in case things got really bad. I never used more than two magazines at a time. We live in Alaska and things are really tame compared to the rest of America but I now carry a Glock 10mm with a reflex sight. The reason for the sight is my stigmatism; I can use it with out glasses and low light past 50 yards. Glasses fog up in low temperatures. .45 is a good round but 10mm is a great round. I now carry a mag in the pistol and one in my pocket which makes 30 in all. On our farm we have varmit problems and it has never taken more than two bullets to solve. I think the focus needs to be hitting your target with the first shot instead of carrying more ammo.
          Last edited by Gold Lock; 06-12-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Well let me give you a different approach to the problem. I have the capacity for concealed carry in my and 9 other states. That is because I was a Deputy Sheriff - - until I was retired medically.

I always carry because of an incident that happened at my home years ago. Even working in the garden mowing the lawn or washing vehicles I always carry. I have enough weapons and ammo to start a small war! It's located in various sites.

I have a tactical vest that is always in the back seat with 2 additional weapons a shotgun and a AK-47. The vest carries 6 30 round mags for the AK and 3 mags for the pistol. I have attached at the right waist a bag with shotgun shells about 20. So I can sustain a fire fight much longer then the other guys loads.

The vest takes only 20-30 seconds to put on, then pull the weapons out, lock and load them. So in less then a minute I'm fully armed and ready.

At home I have level IV armor but its heavy and hot to wear even for an hour or so. (Florida)

Comment

This is my EDC since I retired. It's complete (minus 1 spare mag) but I'm flexible enough to add or subtract items when needed. The sidearm is a Glock 43. I used to carry a G19 but prefer the 43 now as it's all I need for my location.

Dale
              Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

For EDC I have an S&W M&P 40; one mag loaded and chambered; one spare mag.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                  I have the capacity for concealed carry in my and 9 other states. That is because I was a Deputy Sheriff.
                  never law enforcement in civilian world but I can carry in 30 states with reciprocity to my PA permit and then I took a class and got a Utah permit that gets me like 3 more states beyond those that recognize PA's permit. You might want to look into it if you do much travel.

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                  I have a tactical vest that is always in the back seat with 2 additional weapons a shotgun and a AK-47. The vest carries 6 30 round mags for the AK and 3 mags for the pistol.
                  you roll around everyday with that much hardware in your vehicle? how do you secure it when say you're parked somewhere like say the mall, Wallyworld, grocery store, etc?
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I have a safe under the rear seat that holds to long guns. It is bolted to the floor and can be opened either by combination or key.

Most states allow the carrying of weapons in a vehicle as long as you cannot get at them (Like in a trunk or safe). So mine stay in the safe. The vest is kept in the vehicle inside a side wall you would need to know it was there to get at it.

That was one modification I had done professionally for a total of 4 compartments. So I carry extra ammo and my bug-out bag and no one is the wiser. Did that 4 years ago.

Comment

I normally carry one extra 8rd magazine for my M&P 9mm
                      I have tons of magazines and rounds I just don't see the need for more in my EDC.
                      Less Government-More Family!

Comment

My EDC is AR-10 (7.62X51)
                        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
                          My EDC is AR-10 (7.62X51)
                          I have to ask. How does that work at the grocery store or Wally World? I'm thinking you live in a more remote area than I do here in the middle of no where WV. More details PLEASE!

Dale
                          Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post

I have to ask. How does that work at the grocery store or Wally World? I'm thinking you live in a more remote area than I do here in the middle of no where WV. More details PLEASE!

Dale
                            Yep.........I go to town for supplies once a year. And actually 50 years ago (in Alaska) you could walk in any store with a rifle, no one cared. There were not many stores to choose from back then.
                            One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

Yep.........I go to town for supplies once a year. And actually 50 years ago (in Alaska) you could walk in any store with a rifle, no one cared. There were not many stores to choose from back then.
                              That is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by smelt

maiming them will indeed be a 'worst case", since they'll be suing your butt off. hit them fast enough, enough times and be slow enough calling 911 that they die!
                                Don't you think the dead guys family's lawyer won't point out in court "Mr Smelt... please explain to the court and jury why after you shot the poor "victim" 6 times you failed to call 911 for 20 minutes? Please Sir, help us to understand why you stood by and watched this poor father of 3 bleed to death in front of you and why you didn't render aid."
                                I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X