Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDC+ how many extra magazines, and how do you carry 'em?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC+ how many extra magazines, and how do you carry 'em?

My usual daily carry piece is an Argie M27 1911, so two extra mags on the left side on my belt is convenient. Yep, I'm righthanded.

If I throw on my old tanker's shoulder holster, it's got a another two-mag pouch run through the carry strap, a nice quick *grab and go* setup.

And if I anticipate difficulties, I can throw on one of those slotted joggers ankle weight belts, except I've removed the little vinyl bags of lead shot and replaced them with 1911 magazines. It carries five very flat against my ankle, and doesn't seem to bother my gait any- I already limp on the right side. The thing's wider than most cheapie ankle holsters for hideout guns, and I'd far rather have the extra 35 rounds it carries.

Next possible addition may be a tan nylon magazine pouch for two doublestack 9mm magazines- I've tried one set up for a pal's Beretta M92FS, and it carries 4 single-stack .45 magazines just dandy.

Anything beyond that would not probably be *everyday* loadout. But if it came to that, all my extra .45 mags and 3 50-round boxes of ball ammo fit neatly in a GI M17 gas mask bag, along with a couple of extra FAL mags if that's what's close at hand that day, with loose filled Garand clips [which clip onto the strap of the mask carerier for a couple of fairly quick reloads] for the Garand that lives in my pickup, or loose 12-gauge shells for the shotgun in my sweetie's SUV.

It works for me. It could probably be better. But it's all inexpensive, and it works.

Dude your traveling in the wrong part of town! I keep a full box in the truck, and 1 spare mag on me. Of course if I'm going into a hostile environment I don't think my truck would hold enough. But on a normal day 2 mags is plenty for me.
    You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

carry a M9 and 3 mags in back pocket 61 rounds
      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

If you need that many mags

you really need reinforcements. I too carry a 1911 but with ONLY 2 mags on my left side. Now that it is colder out, and I can wear a vest, I might carry a couple extras in a pocket, not that I would ever need them. I do occasionally carry an LCP in a pants pocket as well as my 1911.

Comment

......................Post deleted.
          Last edited by Sourdough; 10-09-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: Deleted

Comment

Springfield 1911... 8 in the mag, one in the pipe. I don't carry any extras. I'm hoping that I can extract myself from a situation, before I'd need another mag.... I could be wrong though... and if so, I may pay the price. Everything in life is a calculated risk.

I do keep extras in the vehicle.
            The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

I carry a Para Ordinance P-14 with 2 extra mags on me, plus I carry a EDC bag with 5 more mags and a box of ammo. Paranoid? Yup.
              G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Originally posted by CZ223 View Post
                you really need reinforcements. I too carry a 1911 but with ONLY 2 mags on my left side. Now that it is colder out, and I can wear a vest, I might carry a couple extras in a pocket, not that I would ever need them. I do occasionally carry an LCP in a pants pocket as well as my 1911.
                Not all the local cops, but a few of 'em, are carrying a 15-round mag in their Glock 22s, plus three spares in a 3-in-a-row vertical mag carrier on their belts. That'd be 60 rounds total, or thereabouts. Plus backup gun, if they're so inclined.

Maybe they're paranoid. Or maybe they really do have enemise.

But better to have and not need than to need and not have. Short of swimming with anvils, of course.

Comment

Summer everyday carry is either a .375 H&H pre-64 model 70 or Ithaca M-37 featherweight 18" BBL. in the winter Rock River Arms AR-15 in 6.8SPC
                  Last edited by Sourdough; 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Glock 17 with 1 factory mag in gun....and two 33 rd mags in the man-purse.

83 rds of diplomacy.....:)

In vehicle....Kel-Tec Sub-2000....7 more 33 rd mags that will fit both.
                    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

s & w sigma 40 four 15 round mags and one box of lead bellies in the gng bag
                      the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

I don't carry a spare magazine for my P32 any more. Instead I carry my Glock 19 to back it up and a spare G17 magazine. In my vehicle I have a Keltec carbine with 4 G17 mags and a 33 rd "fun stick"...I think that will suffice until I can get to a rifle.
                        Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

Springfield XD .40 with one xtra mag on the belt only 24 rounds but should be enough.

Comment

Taurus P111 9mm with the factory 10 round mag and one in the pipe.

I'd carry more but I can't find spare mags for my Taurus.
                            Less Government-More Family!

Comment

I usually wear my shoulder holster when out and about, under a jacket of course. So I have one 9 rd. mag in the weapon and then two 12 rd. mags in the ammo pouch on the opposite side which helps to evenly distribute the weight. The chances of me having to fire more than 33 rds where I live are slim to none, I lead a very uneventful life. Heheh In the summer when I'm out and about on my Harley my leather vest has two conceal pockets inside so I usually have the same amount as I stated above.

Joe
                              SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

Working...
                              X