No announcement yet.

How do you feel about CWP's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say not. I sure wish more states would go to constitutional carry, it is so much easier for everyone. We have had minimal problems since July 1, in fact I have not heard of any.

Comment

I'm constantly bewildered by people who insist that have a right to "open carry". There are numerous places you are prohibited from carrying a firearm. A Concealed Carry Permit solves 95% of those problems. I always carry concealed, and just generally ignore the "No Guns" signs!

You firearms rights end on someone else's property line, including stores!

Comment

The 2 Amendment is your CWP! I consider everyone armed....I know I am!

Comment

I also have a CWP. I think in this day in age you never know if you will need to have your weapon in case of trouble. Speaking of. I need to go renew mine next month.

Comment

I have a CWP tho not good where I now live. But in the past it has been a grace when stopped in spot checks. Once was with 17 firearms in the vehicle on the way to a shooting match. Once I was ID'd and showed my CWP the officers relaxed and went about business as usual with no more said. Had I not had that CWP they would have kept me in place until each and every firearm was cleared and a involved back ground check took place. In some state it also waives the waiting period if you have one. It is better to have and not need than need and not have IMHO

Comment

We have constitutional carry in Missouri. Not really a need to have one (unless traveling) anymore. I had one for 10 years or so before the law changed.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

If you read the daily news, you find many reasons to carry a weapon. Too many do not and that is why we have these multi person shooting thru out the country. All because US citizens think they have some type of magic shield that will protect them. Not in my life time!!!!

Comment

I have an Ohio and Florida permit though I don't need one.
                  Retired police, etc, don't need a ccw but I get one anyway because even most cops
                  don't know that.
                  How do I know? Some diddley brained part time cop ARRESTED me for CCW even though
                  I showed him my retirement badge!!!!
                  A simple traffic stop for going 6 mile p.h. over the speed limit!
                  "Do you mind if I look through your car?" he asked.
                  "Sure, go right ahead." says me. Then I break out in handcuffs!
                  The cost?
                  $3,000 for the lawyer to get the FELONY concealed weapon charge dismissed + court costs.
                  Wonder how much of that $3 grand the judge and prosecutor got?
                  Local cop, local, prosecutor, local judge,...............you figure it out!
                  I NOW have an Ohio permit.
                  If I see the local cops in deep doo-doo will I stop and help?

HELL NO!

I won't even be a witness for them.
                  I'll just mind my business and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                  X