How do you feel about CWP's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about CWP's?

I have a CWP and am consistently finding reasons not to have one. What do you think?

Originally posted by Buggedout View Post
    I have a CWP and am consistently finding reasons not to have one. What do you think?
    What kind of reasons?
    " If you want to live, treat me good " Peter Tosh

Comment

in MT you really don't need one for the most part. but, if i lived in another state with more restrictive gun laws i would definatly have a CCP.
      i can't think of a reason NOT to have a weopon with you.
      i to am interested in your statement. why or how could someone have a CWP and find a reason NOT to have it. i'm really confused.
      please help...

Comment

Originally posted by mountain1 View Post
        in MT you really don't need one for the most part. but, if i lived in another state with more restrictive gun laws i would definatly have a CCP.
        i can't think of a reason NOT to have a weopon with you.
        i to am interested in your statement. why or how could someone have a CWP and find a reason NOT to have it. i'm really confused.
        please help...
        he does not care what you think. hes trolling.. looking to cause trouble.. I see your point though, but do you ever carry one, for the sake of wild animals? Is that too far fetched? Just asking..lol
        If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

What makes you think I am trying to cause trouble? Are you upset because someone is interested in something I have to say? I have no idea why you would accuse me of these things. I hope you find peace.

Comment

In South Carolina, there are more laws about what you cannot do while carrying than there are laws about what you can do. One of my concerns is when I am hunting or fishing I cannot open carry at any time. My weapon has to be concealed at all times. On the other hand, a resident who has no training or permit can open carry on the way to, home from and while participating in outdoor activities.
            Another problem is when you are pulled over, or go through a road check, when you present your drivers license, you must, by law present your CWP. This opens a huge can of worms while trying to simply move along when dealing with law enforcement. I have had more problems than if I were simply carrying illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggedout View Post
              I have had more problems than if I were simply carrying illegally.
              Um. Get back to us on that after a run-in with LEOs when carrying illegally.
              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

I think if one ever had to use a weapon in self defense that it would go over better with a jury by showing that you took the time to receive proper training and are aware of the current laws wether or not you actually need the training. You have the right to own a firearm. I also believe you have the responsibility to learn how to operate it safely and accurately so you do not injure an innocent bystander.

Arizona recently made it optional. One can carry concealed without a permit. I have one and will contine to renew when it is time.

As for LEO encounters, everytime I have been stopped I let the officer know I have a weapon. I have never had a problem. They have always been respectful.

Former USMC rifle/pistol expert
                Former NRA pistol/personal protection instructor
                Stitch
                Veteran Member
                Last edited by Stitch; 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I have been pulled over a few times and identified myself as having a firearm or 3 and have never been treated badly one officer just asked why 3 I just said I like to keep my options open and that was good enough are you shi##ing me back a LEO down are you nuts you cant out run Motorola and I aint going to the big-house to be anyone girl friend there moonunit if you try it and it works and I doubt it please share the secret recipe
                  Iron mike
                  Veteran Member
                  Last edited by Iron mike; 08-27-2011, 02:53 PM.
                  NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

the laws in MT are kinda funny/weird (you can concealed carry in 98% of the state w/out a ccp). you can open carry anywhere and concealed carry anywhere outside of incorporated city limits w/out a CCP.
                    but, you can concealed carry w/in incop. city limits as long as the weapon isn't concealed "by an article of clothing". meaning, you can carry a weapon in a purse, fanny pack, backpack, briefcase, etc.. you can also have it concealed in your vehicle, anywhere/anytime.
                    i heard an inerview w/a county sheriff and he said that as long as a LEO could tell that you have a weapon on your person, he didn't consider it concealed even if it was in your pocket. and you DO NOT have to disclose the fact that you have a weapon on you if you get pulled over.
                    i keep mine w/me in a pack the wife keeps hers in her purse. anyway, i don't worry to much about it. mines w/me everywhere i go...

Comment

Colorado requires a CCP to carry concealed and loaded. No CCP needed to carry unloaded in a pack or purse. Unloaded means no rounds in the wheel, or mag in the frame, and nothing in the chamber. CCP does not apply to long guns, only pistols. I have a CCP because if I feel like I need my revolver, I'll probably need it now, not after I load it. Just one less thing to worry about. I often wear a jacket or vest that covers my gun when I'm out and about, so making it legal is a good thing. And believe it or not, some people get their shorts in a knot if they think you have a gun on you when you're just casually chatting with them. Must be allergic to good gun oil. So keeping it covered just keeps things simpler.
                      Planning to be here through it all.............

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
                        he does not care what you think. hes trolling.. looking to cause trouble..
                        Maric .... introduce us to your new friend.

While I think the notion for paying for permission to exercise my right to self defense is absurd, just for fun I'd like to hear one of the reasons not to have the required permit.

O.W.
                        Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

When I lived in a state that required a concealed weapons permit I had one. Now I live in a state that does not require it, I sometimes wish they did. I have always let an officer know if I had a weapon, and have never run into any problems. I am curious as to why having one is not a good idea. when you have one you know the laws and are a lot less likely to get in trouble.

Comment

I have a ccw and carry all time including at home. It is just a habit that I have.
                            we can not depend on Law Enforcement to protect us. It is my duty to protect my family and property

Comment

Originally posted by billto48 View Post
                              I have a ccw and carry all time including at home. It is just a habit that I have.
                              we can not depend on Law Enforcement to protect us. It is my duty to protect my family and property
                              I have to agree with you we got our carry permits (in tn. u can consealed or open), we carry ever were and at home. My brother is always on my case about. " I don't see how you can be that parinoid that you have to have gun all the time" He won't let me carry when I go over to visit.

It's my duty to protect my family and any body that is in my house or car from idiots that roam the streets. I live in complex already this year one of the appartments was broken into while the women was home. They hit and tied her up and ramsacked the appartment
                              And he can't see why I carry, the police will take care of, he tells me. Guess what they come into our appartment and they will go out DEAD!!!!
                              Be prepared; Some thing is going to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X