No announcement yet.

Who Packs an EDC Survival Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im starting to carry one now, looking for good items. Right now I carry two knifes a multi tool, fire starting items, waterproof matches, a paracord bracelet, and two lighter. Some homemade wax fire starters. Thats about it. When I leave to go farther than 2 hours out I carry more firestarting things. I have a bag in each vehicle that comtains some water purfication items, tarps, blanket, etc. I need a good carry flash light that wont break the bank. Anyone got any idea?

Comment

Well on your EDC light, what kind of budget are you looking to spend?
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I have flashlights that range fro .99c to $100.00 +. I have gotten a couple from Wal Mart in the $20.00 range that are surprisingly good: 200 lumens, and use AA batteries. About the size of a pen light. You might start there, and work up to the Surefire or Fenix.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Thanks Morgan. CountryGuy about in the 30-40 range.

Comment

No firearms for me! My EDC are as follows:
            - pepper spray (one for my purse and one for my car)
            - mini flashlight/tazer in my glove box
            - first aid kit
            - whistle
            - sunglasses
            - swiss army knife

My dad being the ultimate Boy Scout, he's always nagging me to prepare an emergency kit in my trunk ever since I got my first car a few months ago. Just started prepping my kit in case he comes over to inspect my car LOL.

Edited. No sales pitches without permission of the owner. Nice try though.
            Last edited by Buggyout; 01-30-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

hmmm do I sense a sales pitch in our very first posting...

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
                hmmm do I sense a sales pitch in our very first posting...
                I checked out the key ring cpr mask site. As far as I can tell if you order 100 you can get them for $2.50 each. That is $250.00. No provision for ordering individual or sample mask although they have a page listed as samples, when you go to the page it says it has been moved or never existed. so................

Comment

Originally posted by nitaliano View Post
                  On my person I carry a SOG Vulcan or KA-BAR Dozier, 5.11 plx flashlight, paracord bracelet, and small Sokola Elite survival kit.

I am currently working on redoing my EDC pack, I used carry a 5.11 MOAB 10 sling bag, but I found it to be uncomfortable over extended periods of time, and it does not lend to blending in. I have a Vertx Gamut coming in the mail tomorrow, so I will have to work on getting that set up.
                  I've purchased and used several sling bags (Maxped Jumbo VP, 5.11 MOAB, Hazard 4 Kato, etc.) but I found them all to be uncomfortable ... until I purchased the Hazard 4 Plan B. It is easily the most comfortable sling bag I've ever had. Highly recommended!
                  - Bill, Geezer Gadget Geek, ARRL/ARES/Call: K0WBZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
                    I checked out the key ring cpr mask site. As far as I can tell if you order 100 you can get them for $2.50 each. That is $250.00. No provision for ordering individual or sample mask although they have a page listed as samples, when you go to the page it says it has been moved or never existed. so................

If your interested in something like this I found a few different sites with similar (including Amazon) from 5 for $11.90 to sites with them 3 for 1 or 10 for $2.30 a piece and in different colors. Just search CPR Mask and you'll find lots of types and designs.

Looks like I was right, they made their one hit and run post...

Comment

I got my CPR mask through red cross. Has anyone checked out their site.

Comment

I suspected as much, that is why I checked it out. I have one from a nurse friend but might not hurt to have a couple more. Will be checking on this after my tax return is finished. Still waiting on forms form from state gov. "File early, get refund early." Ha! Send form you're supposed to and I will!

Comment

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I found the 1 AA battery CREE flashlights on auction sites $2-5 bucks, they're digital LED's. They're bright, small adjustable and rugged and eat batteries. 2.5 hours on high is max for a battery and longer at lowr settings. Most flashlights go dim as they use power. These just turn off so I have two.

BUT it's not so much the flashlight, it's the battery you should pay attention to. I use rechargeable but I use IMEDIUM, considered one of the best. Cost? anywhere from $14-22 bucks for 4 batteries 2600mAh. They can be used for cameras, electronic games and have a very fast recovery. Most of all they come charged and are guaranteed to keep a charge over a year.
                          The Marine Corps doesn't build Character, they Reveal It. F.& A.M.

Comment

on my person just my knife and a leather man but have 72 hr bug out bag in truck at all times, some dried food, several liters water shemog 42x42',light gloves socks and fleece jacket ,change out food and water every 6 months firs starter bic lighter and magnisium and steel wool in film canister,brk north star on the bag,

Comment

slowgun45, you just reminded that it is time for me to change out my food and water in my get home bag I carry in my truck. It's contents are much like yours. weighs about 12 lbs.

Comment

I need to check mine out as well. Some things I want to take out and some things I want to put in.

Comment

Working...
                                X