Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=manddoutfitters;49739]
    Originally posted by Stitch View Post
    The only thing I would want on it is the chest strap for long hikes.
    I have one from an old pos pack. That was the only part I saved. I am thinking about having one of the local leather makers make one out of leather as the one I have is od nylon.

Comment

on me i always have a lighter, a benchmade, flashlight, 50 feet of paracord in bracelet and fob thingy, and where relatively applicable a 1911 commander. there's a get-home kit in the truck if i'm not more than a half hour from the house, and further than that theres a much larger, INCH type bag that gets loaded...more on those to follow in the appropriate listings

Comment

The "survival kit" portion of my EDC consists of:

1. 100 feet of 550 PC.
        2. First-Aid kit (mostly neosporin and bandages)
        3. Leatherman Surge multi-tool.
        4. Signal mirror
        5. Coghlan's Six Function Whistle
        6. Water-Purification pills
        7. Water-Filtering straw
        8. Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets
        9. Fishing Kit
        10. Rambo-style hunting knife
        11. Fire-making stuff (Mag stick, matches, lighter, kindle. etc.)

...and I'm sure a few other items that I need to look in the EDC bag to remember that I have them! :)
        - Bill, Geezer Gadget Geek, ARRL/ARES/Call: K0WBZ

Comment

I carry a backpack (just got a new North Face Recon for xmas and I LOVE all the pockets!!:)) instead of a purse, and as an EDC. Besides purse stuuf, like a wallet, it contains a first aid kit, flashlight, multi tool, pocket knife, lighter, paracord, water purification tablets, baby wipes and diapers. I have room for more, but I just threw what was in my old pack into this one - it's past time for a refreshing!

Comment

on my person i always carry a crkt knife and surefire flashlight and in my truck i have a three day pack with water food firestarting materials bowie knife winter clothing and misc other supplies

Comment

Whenever I go out I always have my basic survival kit with me, usually in an inside jacket pocket. When I'm heading off into the woods for some scouting I have a daypack filled with my gear, and then I have my web belt with my firearm, canteen, compass w carrier, a first kit, and then my bayonet and buttpack. Last but not least my adjustable walking, camera stand, rifle rest, walking staff.

Joe
              SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

My EDC bag has Knives, First Aid Kit; Fire Starting stuff, Digital camera, Montana 650 GPS, Flashlights, Money. On my person I always carry Benchmade assisted (to Hell with Bloomberg, I don't have 24 hour PD protection), Casio Pathfinder Watch, Zippo Lighter, Leatherman Wave.

TNap
                TNap

================================================== ====================

"If your not Always prepared...your Never prepared! - AF

Comment

Mine is my altoids kit. It has basic fishing, flint and steel, cotton in water proof straws (if ur all interested I'll make a tutorial on the water proof straws), small flashlight/lazer pointer, tinfoil, gerber clutch, 20$, bear grylls essential survival guide, band aids, one small gauze pad, and finally, matches.
                  Survived another day... Now to do it again....

Comment

its funny that you mention the fact that the first can you chose was about the size of a Skoal can. I have made several of the small edc kits out of my empty Skoal cans, a small fishing kit with 2 different size line 1-15' of 8lb test and 1-15' of 40lb test, 2 small corks, 3 small and 3 med bait holder hooks, a few different size sinkers, a couple of leaders. I actually have a log duct taped in my truck glove box that has a fishing can, a sewing can, a first aid can, 2 fire starter cans( 1 with small firesteel and striker with a small baggie of magnesium and some waxed cotton balls, two cheap broadheads with dettachable blades and another with 3 strand of baling twine braided together and ran thru wax about 50', and 2 cans of deer jerky. i mean its a total of 7 cans and on the outside i just wrapped about 10-15' of duct tape in total around the seams to hold them together. i will post pics if anybody wants to see it. i was pretty proud of it myself lol
                    Failing to plan is essentially planning to fail.

Once more into the fray
                    To the last good fight I'll ever know
                    Live and die on this day
                    Live and die on this day
                    from "The Grey"

Comment

i also thought about adding a survival blanket and a few other essentials to the outside and then vacuum sealing the whole thing together to make a little survival package out of it, i have more than a plenty empty skoal cans as i go thru about a can a day unfortunately!!

Once more into the fray
                      Live and die on this day
                      Live and die on this day
                      from "The Grey"

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbrooks View Post
                        i also thought about adding a survival blanket and a few other essentials to the outside and then vacuum sealing the whole thing together to make a little survival package out of it, i have more than a plenty empty skoal cans as i go thru about a can a day unfortunately!!
                        just talkin about this stuff is giving me ideas, i think i might bind a whole "pod" (is what i have been calling them lol, my wife laughs at me and i tell her i better not catch her using one when shtf) with paracord. I should be able to get a good amount of cord arround it and maybe figure out how to tie a shoulder sling or strap into it. This place is genius, lol

Once more into the fray
                        Live and die on this day
                        Live and die on this day
                        from "The Grey"

Comment

Assuming the OP was asking about just what is carried on person during typical around town, going to work/dinner/movies/shopping and not camping/fishing/hiking/wheeling type stuff (very different gear) - folding knife, very small AA LED flashlight, permanent match, small multi-tool, tube of carmex lip balm, wallet, work cell phone, personal cell phone, can of Skoal Straight pouches.

Comment

my edc

I carry and edc by maxpedition everywhere. In it are many survival items including water bottle(stainless steel), drinking cup,first aid kit, several meds, a gerber knife (german army type) energy bars, water purification tabs, fire starting kit (lots of options in it), fishing kit, 50' para cord, emergency blanket, gaterade tablets, soup cubes: on my hip is a niteeyes large pouch with flashlight, gerber tool, small plyers, and a reversable screwdriver: in my pockets is two different lighters, a zippo and a butane by roberson, a small old timer pocket knife, and a self defence pocket knife: if i get to my truck i have a bug out loaded out for a 5 to 7 day treck. and a 9 mil with lots of ammo. I think that the combo should get me home, or to a good safe spot. with my military training and time in afghanistan I feel pretty safe.

Comment

You know I carry a variety of stuff depends on where I am going, but this thread does remind me of camping with the gang as a kid. We had a habit of just walking into the woods with whatever we had on us and staying for the weekend. Noone wanted to be the one who had to go home for supplies. (We teased each other mercilessly.) So I stashed a metal lunchbox (Can't remember what the cover was..... Dukes of Hazard?)
                              I placed it in the bowl of a palm tree that had been cut down, then covered the hole with leaves and dirt.
                              When we would get to camp, I would just unearth the lunchbox and pull out fish hooks and line. Simple enough to dig little river muscles, smash the shell, and instant bait! The catfish were consistantly there.
                              I kept a lighter, so within minutes of arriving I could easily manage fire and food.
                              It was a lot like prepping now. a few supplies laid up in advance of need = easier results.
                              "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
                                My EDC Man-purse is a survival kit.
                                Same here. Mine contains

A small off the shelf first aid kit
                                A surefire flashlight
                                50' of paracord
                                A gerber multi tool
                                Small bottle of hand sanatizer
                                gerber para frame folding knife
                                bottle of water purification tablets
                                couple of bic lighters
                                a blast match and film can of tinder
                                32 oz. water bottle w/filter
                                half a dozen of the kool aid singles
                                3-4 of the survival/ energy bars
                                small folding binoculars
                                compass
                                couple extra mags for my PT 24/7
                                my 9mm handgun
                                small survival fishing kit
                                a water proof note pad and write in rain pen
                                Then I carry my swiss army knife, my android cell phone, a pair of nail clippers, my M&P folder (knife) some cash and a few odds and ends in my pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X