No announcement yet.

What is you EDC blade....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone carrying a Benchmade Griptillian or one of their other entry level models? If so what are you thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Worth the money?

Any other higher end folder knives you carry for EDC? I'm like to stay in the $75-$200 range.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• I carry a leatherman multi tool and two more knifes. One a cheap knife my dad gave me. His philosophy on that was when someone asked to borrow your knife give them the cheap one. He said where he used to work people would ask to borrow his and then try to pry a rusty nut off a bolt or cut wire, people there was not to smart. Then I carry a kershaw ken onion design. I have had both for a really long time. I got the multi tool about two years ago and love it.

Comment

• I have carried a Case Muskrat for several years.

Comment

• Just recently started carrying and it's a S& W oasis. Feel naked without it now

Comment

• Mostly, I carry a SAK Alox Farmer in my pocket and a Case Trapper CV on my belt. Anything larger is in my truck.

Comment

• Are automatic knives (switchblades) legal where you live?

I'm considering one for chores around the garden and such when one hand might be
              busy holding something that needs cut.
              Thoughts?

Comment

• Kershaw Zero Tolerance ZT301st

Comment

• Originally posted by jeager View Post
                  Are automatic knives (switchblades) legal where you live?

I'm considering one for chores around the garden and such when one hand might be
                  busy holding something that needs cut.
                  Thoughts?
                  A good folder can solve your one handed problem, with practice, they flick right out. Then you can forgo the whole legal Vs. legal issue.

-Buggy
                  I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

• depends on what i'm doing, but one or two of these...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buggyout View Post

A good folder can solve your one handed problem, with practice, they flick right out. Then you can forgo the whole legal Vs. legal issue.

-Buggy
                      And to add to that, look for a spring "assist" setup. I have a small Kershaw that has it so it lets the blade pop out but not with the spring/ locking force of a switchblade.

Most recently I've been carrying a Walmart special I picked up just to see how it worked. It's their Ozark Trail brand and its called the "Everyday Carry Knife" and get this, it's like $3.89 !!

Out of the package it needs a good sharpening as the factory edge has much to desire. Overall though it seems to have rugged construction and holds an edge decently. I don't feel bad using it to cut tape or for tasks a knife shouldn't be used for like screwdriver or mini prybar. After a week or 2 the blade loosens up to the point where you can flick the blade out using the thumb stud or nub on the back of the blade. Closed it's just shy of 4" long and 1 1/4" wide and 5/8" thick. Open length is just shy of 7" with about 3 3/4" of usable cut edge going to the rear most serration.

I've been carrying it 3 or 4 months now and I've been very happy. The weight isn't bad and I like the color and finish which all are holding up very nicely A few weeks back we were there and I picked up a few more. I'm going to keep picking them up and I'm going to put them in places like the vehicles, tool box,first aid kit, etc. I'm also picking up some so as my kids get old enough I can gift them to them for a first knife. I might get their names laser etched on the blades but sure that would cost more than the knife... but that way when they enevitably loose it I won't mind so much as I would if it was a $30 or $40 blade.

Again for less than $4 you can't go wrong.
                      Last edited by CountryGuy; 05-13-2017, 09:02 AM.
                      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

• Not to be snarky but you can go wrong with a cheap knife.

Real wrong.

That's why I won't buy an cheap knife or firearm or anything my survival might depend upon.

Comment

• My EDC consists of a original buck 110 folder leatherman wave and a Condor and Ontario SK-5 in my bug out bag in my truck, along with a Eastwing 26 " campers axe

Comment

• ‚Äč any time I'm in the woods, I will have this on my belt or in my pockets.....otherwise it's in my truck with my rucksack.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• regular carry is a Z T and leather man,used to carry a blur but lost it on a pack trip

Comment

• Leatherman Sidekick and Opinel for work. I switch out the Opinel for something different when going out.

Comment

Working...
                                X