Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	188027 my edc

Comment

Originally posted by HBGhost View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9316[/ATTACH] my edc
      I have the same only US Army issue. :)

Funny story.....

During the first Gulf War, I lost it at FOB Bastogne. After we moved forward and after we fought, we were back in the FOB. I just happened to be sitting and plowing the sand with my boot, and guess what!? I found my knife. A completely different place of the compound.

Come to think about it.....

It probably wasn't the one I lost! Haha I'm sure Archaeologists a thousand years from now are going to find lots of those cheap little knives!

-Buggy
      I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
        PS

(Off topic)

I'm starting to collect backpacks like I do knives.... I have stopped using purses... I like having my hands free... there's this hot pink one I really want, but I keep hearing this voice yelling at me, "grey man! Grey man!!!"

I think it's Dale.... thanks, Dale

;)
        Your welcome! I think???? I haven't yelled at anybody.......Oh yea. Strike that thought. :)

Keep going Amy, your good.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by my boy boris View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5506[/ATTACH]

my spydie pm2...i've got 2 backups as well (in case it gets discontinued/hard to find)
          used up this one over the last 6 years or so, got a black with satin blade version now. can't imagine any other blade for edc.
          "if you're not saying it's wrong then you're saying it's right"

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
            I have the same only US Army issue. :)

Funny story.....

During the first Gulf War, I lost it at FOB Bastogne. After we moved forward and after we fought, we were back in the FOB. I just happened to be sitting and plowing the sand with my boot, and guess what!? I found my knife. A completely different place of the compound.

Come to think about it.....

It probably wasn't the one I lost! Haha I'm sure Archaeologists a thousand years from now are going to find lots of those cheap little knives!

-Buggy
            Opening MREs with a bayonet sucked, I lost my original leatherman in the sandbox, I mail ordered a small Swiss Army and another leatherman. I have worn a Swiss army on a heavy duty dog tag chain since desert shield.

It amazes me how often I have use the screwdriver and the can opener camping or working outdoors.

Comment

Changes, but recently I have using my SOG Vulcan when off of work and a Ka-Bar Dozier folder when I'm at work.

Comment

CRKT Hissatsu, SOG Spec Elite II, SOG Slimjim XL all in black. It is usually the Spec Elite II which is a good compromise between weight and convenience. I am always looking for a better knife, but it must be around a 4" blade. My latest knife is a Gerber fast open folder. When working in uniform I carried a Gerber boot knife.I also collect fixed blade bowie's.
                Last edited by KSDeputy; 12-10-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

the folding knife is the one i carry.i found it on the shoulder of a bridge in the 1980's

Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	188164
                  be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

Looks like an old Uncle Mike's. I have one that is very similar.
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

• I'm a bit stuck on carrying a knife......or actually carrying two. With my job I often need a solid sturdy knife that can be used for cutting, prying, not dainty type of uses. But I haven't found a knife that can do function in those areas and also be used a very effective defensive style knife. So I often end up carrying both (Spyderco Civilian and Buck Folding Hunter which I've had for years). I've read back through the thread and seen many good choices, but still looking for that good combination. Even a fixed blade will be considered. Good suggestions?? lol besides carrying 3 different knives just to cover the bases. :p
                      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by lalakai View Post
                        I'm a bit stuck on carrying a knife......or actually carrying two. With my job I often need a solid sturdy knife that can be used for cutting, prying, not dainty type of uses. But I haven't found a knife that can do function in those areas and also be used a very effective defensive style knife. So I often end up carrying both (Spyderco Civilian and Buck Folding Hunter which I've had for years). I've read back through the thread and seen many good choices, but still looking for that good combination. Even a fixed blade will be considered. Good suggestions?? lol besides carrying 3 different knives just to cover the bases. :p
                        It's a sheath knife, but it can easily do what you said. Just a thought.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0541.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	188169

More info on the knife is on my thread on my SERE knife, or PM me if interested.

Dale

Comment

• Good option. thanks
                          Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

• Okay, I'll fess up. I carry an Old Timer 3 blade in my purse or pocket at all times. A great tool for pealing apples, cutting okra and squash from the plant and cutting anything the size of my finger or smaller and a comfort to me. I've had a "pocket knife" since I was 10 and don't intend to ever stop carrying one. A necessary tool in my life I don't care if it is called a "weapon". Anyone who lives in the country knows the necessity of a good blade.

I've even used it to skin squirrels and other small game brought home. Keeps a good edge. Of course it is about 30 years old.
                            Last edited by ZAGran; 10-22-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• I carry a stainless steel Gerber lock blade with clip. Better than American Express...never leave home without it. When I have to fly I lock it in my suitcase and grab it out as soon as I land.

Comment

• the folding knife i always have on me,at home and in town alike..the fixed blade is great for skinning..
                                Attached Files
                                be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

Working...
                                X