What is you EDC blade....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacSKS View Post
    I've been carrying the same Gerber Paraframe (3") for over 4yrs now without any problems. Plus it's only $20, so if I lose it, no biggie.
    I have the same one. I have to keep it in the truck when at work due to bing on a gov't facility- we are not allowed to carry (VA hospital).

Comment

Normal EDC:
      Kershaw skyline
      Leatherman Juice S2

If I'm camping, fishing, wheeling:
      CRKT Shenanigan PPS - fine edge
      Gerber multi-tool - essentially a suspension, but the handle cut-outs are slightly different. I forget the name.

FWIW - I tried to post pics of it, everyone likes pics, but I don't have 15 posts yet.

Comment

Kershaw Model 1475

Great EDC. Great deal from the Snap-on truck 4 years ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	184838

I also carry my Leatherman Classic.

I got a Browning folder as a Christmas gift from my company. Nice but Chinese. Can't give up the Kershaw.
        Last edited by EyesOpenMouthShut; 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Spyderco Military, and Leatherman Wave.

Comment

From 1994 until last year I carried a SAK Recruit and a Spyderco Endura with a 50/50 edge. Recently though the Spydie has been replaced by my Kershaw Skyline; it's light and wicked sharp. I also rotate a Kershaw Crown I got for Christmas, but the Skylie sees more pocket time now.
            Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

Should be $20 no $2

I just bought one of these at cabelas on sale for $2 & I also carry the original leatherman. Before the Kershaw it was the Gerber paraframe.
              Originally posted by EyesOpenMouthShut View Post
              Kershaw Model 1475

Great EDC. Great deal from the Snap-on truck 4 years ago.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3332[/ATTACH]

I also carry my Leatherman Classic.

I got a Browning folder as a Christmas gift from my company. Nice but Chinese. Can't give up the Kershaw.
              Last edited by Redneckwop; 01-20-2012, 10:30 PM. Reason: Wrong price

Comment

Here is my EDC picturesClick image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	184848Click image for larger version

Name:	043.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	184849Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	184850Click image for larger version

Name:	045.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	184851

Comment

I carry a Benchmade Griptilian. A wonderful EDC. Have a Ka-Bar pocket knife and a Kershaw junk yard dog, but this knife beats them all hands down. The Kershaw is a bit on the heavy side & the Ka-bar is too light. Benchmade stands behind their products. My brother-in-law bought a Benchmade 17 yrs. ago that is spring-assisted & Benchmade repaired it twice at no cost to him. Of course he paid quite a bit for the knife even back then. Wherever I go, so does the Benchmade.

Comment

I switch between two CRKT knives. My favorite is the M16-12ZER with a serrated tanto blade. The other is the M16-13Z with a serrated spear point blade. Both have the carson flipper for quick blade deployment and Zytel handles for grip and comfort. Very strong blades, they keep their edges well and are easy to sharpen. My favorite knives. They've held up really well for the last few years.
                    When shit hits the fan, dont be in the same room.

Comment

I just got a new EDC neck knife a few weeks ago and wanted to share it. Got it from Canyonknives.com. Its the C.I.A. specs are 6 7/8 overall, 2 3/4 cutting edge, full flat grind with convex edge, 154cm stainless, g-10 handle with kydex sheath. I'm damn impressed with it and its been my EDC since I got her. No probs yet even through my personal tests. Canyon gives 100% guarante against failure and come with free lifetime sharpening. I give my approval here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	canyon cia.jpg
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	184860
                      To live is to survive, and to survive is to find meaning into something. Semper Fidelis.

Comment

Emerson CQ7 and a Spyderco with a wave

Comment

Well I finally retired my old trusty Gerber evo tanto. The knife did everything that I asked of it, but I never felt really comfortable with the smallish handle.
                          It's replacement is this CRKT M16-04Z. Though it's fairly heavy for an EDC, I love the way it feels in the hand. After 7 weeks of carrying it, The weight is a non issue. I would never want to be without it.

PS. Love that Canyon neck knive slo793!!!
                          Last edited by slowz1k; 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM.
                          The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

EDC: Cold Steel AK-47, SAK Soldier and Blackhawk Crucible FX2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0227121023-00.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	184897

Comment

I usually have 3 knives on me at all times. I carry a leatherman wave, a Buck 186c thumb assisted folder with pocket clip and a Buck 525c pen knife. You can never have enough knives. My wife and daughter both carry a Buck 186c as I described above in their purse. A knife is a tool no-one should leave home without.

Joe
                              SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

Nothing special for me. I use my Benchmade Mel Pardue Design on a daily basis. It doesn't hold an edge forever; however, it is easy to sharpen.

Comment

Working...
                                X