you can't get contolability in a ccw gun, lots of expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can't get contolability in a ccw gun, lots of expansion

and lots of penetration. You only get that with steel frame, full sized 10 mm 155gr, and very skilled, strong men. dont expect your load to expand in men if it penetrates 12" in jello. Dont expect your bullet to do much of anything if it hits his arm, or a car before hitting his chest. You didnt aim at his arm, so your shot was a miss. If it does anything, you got LUCKY!. Dont shoot at his guts, as he stands above you, with you prone or supine on the ground, expecting the bullet to reach his shoulder blade. Shoot him in the bladder or under the chin. After all, you DO claim to be able to ALWAYS hit him in the chest, every shot at 25 yds, so what's the problem with hitting him in the bladder at 3 ft, hmm? or under the chin at 5 ft? This "need" of 15" of penetration in jello is a total crock. I dont WANT more than 8" of jello penetration, cause that means 10+" of penetration in a clothed man and I do not want my bullet to exit a man if I center hit his chest from the front.

Do not expect all of your shots to hit your attacker at ALL, cause they wont. Dont expect all of your hits to strike his vitals, cause they wont. Dont expect 1-2 hits to his vitals to have an immediate effect, cause far too often, they will not. You've got to be able to get 6hits per second into a man's chest at 10ft on the range in practice', so that you get (probably) get 3 hits into his vitals before he can fall. By this I mean .20 second repeat hits. The first shot is not part of the timed event. It takes him half a second to fall out of your cone of fire at 10 ft, even if you cut his spine with the first shot. After all, you dont want him to live and have to worry about him for the rest of your life. Put lots of lead into him as he falls, cause tacking him to the floor, after he falls, is a BIG legal "no-no".
    Last edited by registror; 04-22-2021, 09:07 PM.

Obviously, you are not familiar with Honey Badger ammo. You lack knowledge of terminal ballistics and bleed out time to death.

Comment

I sense the return of mall Ninja... happily though looks like he's not been around for months...
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
        I sense the return of mall Ninja... happily though looks like he's not been around for months...

Registror is dangerous especially to others who follow his advice.

Comment

Good Grief....Tugaloo...

I am not at all familiar with Honey Badger ammo ....but looked it up in .357 Magnum...my often carried concealed tool.

Wow!!! That is a nasty nasty looking bullet.!!

I will occasionally change to a 1911...but most of the time my choice is a wheel gun in 4 inch barrel.

Mind you now...I verily like a six inch barrel in the .357 Mag calibration....but that is a bit long for concealed carry.

Nonetheless Olde Timer......that is a nasty ...nasty looking round..

Thanks,
          Orangetom
          Not an Ishmaelite.

Comment

One worked quite well on an errant coyote at about 15'

Comment

Suggest range time, CCW legal advice and accurate weapons. Carried a Glock 19 for many years and currently carry a Glock 43 and can still do 2 to the chest(heart/lung) region and one to the head. Learned with a 1911 many years ago and can still do it all day long (If someone else is buying ammo).

Dale

Comment

As registror is a convicted felon; he'd practice if his wife lets him borrow her firearm.
                If he can con her into buying the ammo..

‚Äč
                Yes, practice does help.

As John Wick said "be seeing ya."

Comment

Working...
                X