Every Minute Carry!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Minute Carry!!

Please folks, don't just carry when you are going out......or think you might get into a bad situation......or you don't want to offend a friend while visiting their house so you leave it home. Not only is the "right" to carry an expensive choice that is constantly being fought over (as others try to take that right away from you), but it's such an easy thing to do. I would much rather take the few extra seconds to put it on, the extra effort to tuck it in a pocket, the patience to answer the kids' questions "dad, why do you wear a pistol in the house?"..........I would prefer all of that to the nightmare of having to tell myself "I should have kept it with me..........I could have stopped him."

No one plans on getting into an accident but nearly everyone puts their seat belt on. No one plans on getting assaulted and nearly everyone thinks it won't happen to them. No one thinks that someone is stupid or brave enough to break into a house while the people are sitting down for supper, guess what.........
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Great thread. I started one like it on another site titled "Carry at home"

I mentioned doing yard work or just sitting watching tv. About an hour ago I changed holsters on my constant carry. I was thinking exactly about this topic.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

The great thing about Glock and Magpul magazines, the springs stay strong when fully loaded and left that way for months,....possibly years. I rotate/change mine every 3 months.
      Pistol gets me to rifle but only if I have the pistol with me. Always!

Dale

Comment

It is getting to a point where we should be carrying at all times. But in the house I never do. It is where I can grab it fast, but in the right situation it may not be fast enough. I do carry when I go places. Except church and when I need to pick my grandson up from school. It is not permitted in VA to carry in these two places. It is something we all need to think about doing and to get into the habit of carrying more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          It is getting to a point where we should be carrying at all times. But in the house I never do. It is where I can grab it fast, but in the right situation it may not be fast enough. I do carry when I go places. Except church and when I need to pick my grandson up from school. It is not permitted in VA to carry in these two places. It is something we all need to think about doing and to get into the habit of carrying more often.
          I am very much like you and the laws are almost the same here in North Carolina but I am carrying more at home too as I walk out in you yard often doing things around the house and you just never know when something or someone might mess up your day .

Robert W
          Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There are some projects at home I will never carry a weapon while doing.

These include: Black-smithing, Smelting, Welding, Painting, or Working around heavy equipment (Except my tank).

The reasons ARE:

I need to get into small spaces to do this type of work, and a weapon would just get in the way.

If it involves hot work where the weapon or ammo could become damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
              There are some projects at home I will never carry a weapon while doing.

These include: Black-smithing, Smelting, Welding, Painting, or Working around heavy equipment (Except my tank).

The reasons ARE:

I need to get into small spaces to do this type of work, and a weapon would just get in the way.

If it involves hot work where the weapon or ammo could become damaged.
              Oh I agree . You should always use common sense . You have a tank ?
              Robert W
              Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have a gun on me at all times, even while sleeping. (Bed headboard) Of course....

I am a neurotic-paranoid ex-cop with no life. lol

-Buggy
                I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

I will relate a story for ya'll.....

I worked with a far left liberal professional one time. He and his wife went to visit family in California. While they were enjoying each others company (Two couples) and playing cards, three men broke into the house. They killed the man my acquaintance was visiting and raped both the women. My friend was beaten severely, tied up and thrown into a closet.

He was a different person when he came back. He went out and bought himself a gun and his liberal views changed.

I have posted this before.....

I have arrested hundreds of people while I was a cop. If just one of them still holds a grudge against me.... I'm sure several do, yet one who is psychotic, which I'm sure that several are. Several who would try and kill me if they saw me. There is at least one dirtbag who would travel across country and try to kill me.

-Buggy
                  I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

I didn't use to carry at home, I thought those people were just paranoid. Maybe I was being optimistic about our society. Then the crooks got smart around here. Why break into the houses on the bad side of town when the nicer side of town has nice things in their houses. Home invasions began to creep up. Well long story short, I now carry everywhere. My work has a policy against it but due to my background, the powers to be said I could keep it in my backpack but just asked that I didn't wear it on my person. Not ideal but better than nothing. I even got them to put it in writing for me just in case, which they agreed to do. I have had some people that live in a bubble ask me if I was paranoid and my reply to them is no, just prepared.
                    Anyone that would give up freedom for security, deserves neither. ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

I carry every time I leave the house, and have it EDC right next to me at night, whether in the living room area or the bedroom. There are only a couple places here in Texas where I can't carry, in that case they are, unfortunately, locked in the car.

Comment

A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been f**ked with yet. I can carry most places, for when I can't I have my hardwood cane and maybe my knife. I am thinking of adding a tactical pen to my arsenal for those places where I cannot carry my firearm. I always carry concealed. I have had several instances when my gut told me something was about to happen, I always look them in the eye, stare them down even, and they leave. I can't say this always works, or is foolproof, but it is the first thing to try. Every person has an inner sense, they may have been planning to play the knock out game, or rob you, or kill you. Look at them, let them know what they will encounter.

Comment

I make eye contact with everyone I meet when I am out in public. It may not stop some people but I think it deters a lot of people. Criminals are looking for easy targets, if they think you will fight back or they will get caught, they will pass you up. It kills me to see people walking around oblivious to what is going on around them. You have to maintain situational awareness.
                          Anyone that would give up freedom for security, deserves neither. ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

I think some of you have read my thoughts on this subject before, but it never hurts repeating some things. Especially if you think its important.

I carry 24/7, 365 days a year. I've done so for a long time. I'm not paranoid. I'm simply realistic and aware. When I woke up this morning and got out of bed, slipped on my cargo shorts with an IWB holster still attached from the day before, reached over to the night stand and picked up the G19 that was within reach during the night and slipped it into its holster. I've worn it all day. Its neatly tucked away on me as I type this.

I carry several different handguns. I pick one for how I'm dressed and in consideration of where I will be going. I always carry concealed unless I'm working outside at home, in which case I will likely be carrying a .357 in a belt holster. Open carry here is legal, and I've open carried a few times in public, but I don't like doing it. I prefer to remain low-key and the gray man and not draw undo attention to myself. (Thats hard to do when I'm so handsome! *LOL*)

There have been several occasions where I was in a rush to leave the house and drove off leaving my handgun at home. Once I realized it, I turned around and drove back and got it. Call me anal, but I figure if I don't go get it thats the time I'll wish I had had it!

Comment

Originally posted by jezcruzen View Post
                              I think some of you have read my thoughts on this subject before, but it never hurts repeating some things. Especially if you think its important.

I carry 24/7, 365 days a year. I've done so for a long time. I'm not paranoid. I'm simply realistic and aware. When I woke up this morning and got out of bed, slipped on my cargo shorts with an IWB holster still attached from the day before, reached over to the night stand and picked up the G19 that was within reach during the night and slipped it into its holster. I've worn it all day. Its neatly tucked away on me as I type this.

I carry several different handguns. I pick one for how I'm dressed and in consideration of where I will be going. I always carry concealed unless I'm working outside at home, in which case I will likely be carrying a .357 in a belt holster. Open carry here is legal, and I've open carried a few times in public, but I don't like doing it. I prefer to remain low-key and the gray man and not draw undo attention to myself. (Thats hard to do when I'm so handsome! *LOL*)

There have been several occasions where I was in a rush to leave the house and drove off leaving my handgun at home. Once I realized it, I turned around and drove back and got it. Call me anal, but I figure if I don't go get it thats the time I'll wish I had had it!
                              I'm with you that is why I keep 2 in my truck one small for pocket carry and one larger for open carry if needed .
                              Robert W

Comment

Working...
                              X