No announcement yet.

9mm handgun suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May not fit as a "every day carry" though!!

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Good call Defcon

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rossi...un/1370962.uts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8847[/ATTACH]

Comment

if she has trouble with this, get her an exposed hammer SA auto and teach her to thumb cock the hammer first. Removing the mainspring from the resistance makes it much easer to wrack the action. In fact, some guys can do it one handed, without touching the gun to anything, just moving their forearm really swiftly.

Comment

Amy,

Wondering if you ever settled on a 9MM? If so what did you get. If not any leading canidates?

One I'll recommend to stay away from is a Keltec P11. I have one and should have read more on it before I bought it. It's small, compact and functions well but the trigger is extremely heavy and long.

If you're looking for small that Kimber Solo is sweet, so are the S&W M&P subcompact. Sig's are awesome and one of the best out of the box guns you can buy. If you're looking something a little more powerful the Smith Shield in .40 is small compact and packing power.
        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I had a Hi-Point, handled like a brick with a grip on it, and almost as concealable. Daughter didn't like it either, but wanted a 9mm. I got her a ultra light KelTec, but then she didn't like the recoil from a fly weight gun. She traded it to a friend of mine for a Firestar and never regretted it.
          I'm a dinosaur, I like wheel guns. I think Ruger made some convertible SA's that could use the 9mm, then if you ever needed something more you'd have the .357 option.
          Last edited by PrairieRat; 09-03-2014, 10:16 AM.
          I'm living your dreams!

Comment

I'm sure by this time you have one, but I just bought my wife a SCCY CPX-2 9mm and she loves it. Took it out the other day and put over 100 roounds through it with out any problems. Got it for 199 at classic firearms website. Dont know if they have anymore at that price.

Comment

Browning Hi Power fan myself. I have two and two clones, a Charles Daly and a Belgian Arcus. All are accurate and function flawlessly.
              I wanted a CZ 75 at one time ... here is a CZ clone that I've considered http://www.rkguns.com/eaa-sar-b6p-9m...ol-400422.html
              but its a plastic gun. If 'n when A CZ comes along I'm gettin it.

O.W.
              Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

You might want to consider a Glock 19. I carry the one pictured below and it has 15 rounds of 9 mm diplomacy ready to go any time I need it. Its small enough to carry in a concealed fashion with no problems. Just about any time I leave the house this is my pistol of choice. I do have other pistols that I will, on rare occasions, switch off to carrying. Those pistols are slimmer and single stack models in the form of a Springfield Armory XDS and/or a Smith and Wesson Shield in 9 mm. But, over all, the Glock 19 is my favorite of the three.

Comment

Amy, what did you ever get if anything? I know this goes back 3 or 4 years now but don't recall if you ever got something and if so what you settled on. Of course being in the Commie state of NY now guess you had to throw any over 7 round mags away. Wasn't 7 the final number they settled on for the people? Only PoPo is allowed to have high cap mags there I believe.

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                  I need to rent a Redneck....
                  Hmmmm I'm sensing a business opportunity... bet there are many woman with a similar need. the need in their life to hear "hold my beer and watch this"

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                  mama didn't raise no stupid skunk apes.....
                  Speaking of Skunk Apes, where is our resident one? Haven't heard from her in a while. Last I recall was she was moving or migrating to upstate NY. Do Skunk Apes hibernate in cold weather environments?
                  Last edited by CountryGuy; 01-13-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
                    Speaking of Skunk Apes, where is our resident one? Haven't heard from her in a while. Last I recall was she was moving or migrating to upstate NY. Do Skunk Apes hibernate in cold weather environments?
                    She's fighting the cold and snow in a learning mode.

Dale
                    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Try some pistols at the range. My favorite is the Glock. My question is why 9 mm? Not 10 mm or .40 S%W.

When you go to the range do not limit your self to just 9 mm.

Comment

Honestly for most women I understand why they lean towards 9mm, less recoil and 99% of gun shops push them towards.380, .38 or 9MM. 40 and 10mm have a load of recoil in a small frame pistol for a small stature shooter. I don't get why more don't go .45 other than a perception that .45 means it's a canon. Not sure if you all agree but my .45's have a lot less recoil than my .40's and for sure less than 10mm but many have a lot less than these little mirco .380's that feel like a stick of TNT going off in your hand and trying to jump out of your hand.

Comment

History lesson: When the 10 mm first came out it was very high recoil for most (Less then 145 lbs) small people to handle. S&W cut the recoil and change out the round to less grams to become the .40 S&W....

Consider the 10 mm and for recoil and the .40 S&W as less recoil!

Comment

Yes where is Amy. It's got to be freezing in NY. If it gets any colder here it will be frozen ice instead of snow tomorrow. It feels like a wet 0 degrees here right now. Amy let us know how you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
                              History lesson: When the 10 mm first came out it was very high recoil for most (Less then 145 lbs) small people to handle. S&W cut the recoil and change out the round to less grams to become the .40 S&W....

Consider the 10 mm and for recoil and the .40 S&W as less recoil!
                              Yep thank the FBI agents not being able to wield a full power 10mm for the birth of the .40S&W... I love both. Thinking about a long slide 10mm to get into a little handgun hunting... and to fill the "want" factor... Loved the Sig I looked at the other year, think it was in the 220 platform. The long slide Glock in 10 just looks weird to me..

Comment

CG: I have a Sig P220, but in 45 ACP. I love it, and I would highly recommend it. Sig's always seem to fit my hand perfectly. Beautifully balanced, and accurate right out of the box. It took me about three years before I finally bit the bullet, and coughed up the money, but I have never been disappointed. I have Sig P225, and P228 in 9mm. I would highly recommend them as well. I have a friend who had the opportunity to shoot the new Sig P320. He was favorably impressed. He liked it better than the Glock he usually carries and the H&K. Better balanced.
                                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X