A handy book that may lead to a set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg... https://pfaf.org/user/Default.aspx

This is incredible!! I did not know about the existence of such an extensive database. Spend almost half day there. I do not know how to thank you.

Comment

I knew you would like it!

When I first found that site years ago, I bought lots of paper and printer ink and SMOKED my printer, lol. I now have a huge binder full of useful info about growing and using local wild and domestic plants. pfaf.org is a wonderful springboard for further exploration!

(Who knew all that about okra, of all things?!)
      Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 01-28-2019, 09:32 PM.
      Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Yenix View Post
        Omg... https://pfaf.org/user/Default.aspx

This is incredible!! I did not know about the existence of such an extensive database. Spend almost half day there. I do not know how to thank you.
        Here is another resource (hattip Oldbear):

Food for Free by Richard Mabey. This book is the UK's foremost (and best written) guide to foraging available and is a must for any UK forager, survivalist of bushcrafter."
        Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

I enjoy reading, so a set of 4 of Tom Browns books just arrived via Amazon.

Grizzyette, I looked at the table of content of the Basic Safe Travel and Boreal Survival Handbook and what a great diversity of topics, from developing caches, river crossings, high elevation travel, medical issues, etc. A lot of modern survival books don’t touch some of these subjects. Sounds like a great book.

Comment

I still probably get more out of the Foxfire series of books than anything else. Not so much "survivalist" as "this is the way it used to be done before the days of electricity, running water, and grocery stores." Fascinating and useful both and much broader in the coverage of all of the necessary skills of daily living than anything else I've ever read, with the information directly from the people who lived this way.

John

Comment

Working...
            X