• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    countryboy6685
    Veteran Member

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Thanks for the info I am going to buy an arm full fo these just incase.
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• Legionnaire
    Valued Member

• Legionnaire
    replied
    Nice and simple, I love it. Plus for the price you wouldn't be breaking the bank if you had 20 of these things around a camp. One of them would be bound to get set off. Also that leaves you lots of budget room for more security measures or other supplies.

Leave a comment:

• myakka

• myakka
    replied
    Least I'm not trying to dump bodies!

Leave a comment:

• NRAamy
    Valued Member

• NRAamy
    replied
    Okay.... First the disclaimer. This thing is cheap and cheesey

myakka on a first date?

;)

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    Veteran Member

• Iron mike
    replied
    I was at the dollar general the other day and found the same alarm only it had a light which if you set a few close together you can pinpoint which one it was.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskey65

• Whiskey65
    replied
    Heck of an idea. I was thinking about this subject the other day. Great post.

Leave a comment:

• JLBIII
    Valued Member

• JLBIII
    replied
    Another cheap perimeter alarm are called pull string alarms. They're available through www.budk.com they come in boxes of 74 for $4.99 and are pretty loud approx. 85 decibels and they never run out of batteries. They may sound cheesy but they do work and they wake you right up, I had someone stealing stuff from my cooler while camping a few years back so I set a few up and caught the guy as he was running off. Turned out to be a kid from the next camp site took his pic and a pic of his drivers license with my camera phone and told him the next time I caught him I would call the cops. Never had another problem with him for the rest of the weekend.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• coxmw

• coxmw
    replied
    If you have a Dollar Tree store there, they have packs of 6 batteries for them.

Originally posted by blkhawk21 View Post
    That is so cool. I'm going to look for some at the dollar store and big lots. I could have used these overseas.

Leave a comment:

• blkhawk21
    Valued Member

• blkhawk21
    replied
    That is so cool. I'm going to look for some at the dollar store and big lots. I could have used these overseas.

Leave a comment:

• myakka

• myakka
    replied
    I like it. I had used the unit as designed, but this is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• rladams

• rladams
    replied
    you could use black fishing line, so it would be less noticeable and blend in more.

Leave a comment:

• PT945

• PT945
    replied
    Cool idea. Ill have to give it a try. I think dollar tree had them last time I was there.

Leave a comment:

• coxmw

• coxmw
    replied
    Just stopped at Big Lots, They have a set of 4 and a key chain one for 5 dollars.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    The Ka-Tet of TK-421

• Echo2
    replied
    Nothing cheesey about it.....just mount it in a painted dixie cup angled silghtly to keep it from getting soaked......or maybe a "glad-ware" container the front pops off of when tripped.

Leave a comment:

• maric
    Veteran Member

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by tbkbtk123 View Post
    Under the heading, " A poor man has poor ways", I strung a wire at about 1 foot high and hung my Bud cans with rocks in them,( my way of recycleing) and it makes noise when stepped on.
    Also when I was across the puddle there were villages that had geese that they put out on the perimeter and I have seen what they do to someone trying to sneak in. The geese bite you and hang on and beat the hell out of you with their wings while the other ones honk to alert!
    Im not sure which part of this post was more funny, the bud cans or the honking geese, but either way, ..clever!! Good way to recycle!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X