No announcement yet.

Dollar Store perimeter alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is so cool. I'm going to look for some at the dollar store and big lots. I could have used these overseas.

Comment

If you have a Dollar Tree store there, they have packs of 6 batteries for them.

Originally posted by blkhawk21 View Post
      That is so cool. I'm going to look for some at the dollar store and big lots. I could have used these overseas.
      "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
      -Ben Franklin

Comment

Another cheap perimeter alarm are called pull string alarms. They're available through www.budk.com they come in boxes of 74 for $4.99 and are pretty loud approx. 85 decibels and they never run out of batteries. They may sound cheesy but they do work and they wake you right up, I had someone stealing stuff from my cooler while camping a few years back so I set a few up and caught the guy as he was running off. Turned out to be a kid from the next camp site took his pic and a pic of his drivers license with my camera phone and told him the next time I caught him I would call the cops. Never had another problem with him for the rest of the weekend.

Joe
        SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

Heck of an idea. I was thinking about this subject the other day. Great post.
          "Si vis pacem parabellum." .....whether it be with man or nature.

Comment

I was at the dollar general the other day and found the same alarm only it had a light which if you set a few close together you can pinpoint which one it was.
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Okay.... First the disclaimer. This thing is cheap and cheesey

myakka on a first date?

;)

Comment

Least I'm not trying to dump bodies!
                "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Nice and simple, I love it. Plus for the price you wouldn't be breaking the bank if you had 20 of these things around a camp. One of them would be bound to get set off. Also that leaves you lots of budget room for more security measures or other supplies.
                  Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim.
                  ~ Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.-Ovid

Mus uni non fidit antro.
                  ~ A mouse does not rely on just one hole.-Plautus

Non semper erit aestas
                  ~ It will not always be summer.

Comment

Thanks for the info I am going to buy an arm full fo these just incase.
                    Robert W
                    Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X