Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prkchp76
    replied
    nice we need to hook up on the road ill buy ya a beer i usally run the south east trailer kicks but

Leave a comment:

• lady_banjo
    replied
    Big Saw, Have you done any more to the inside? Would love to see that! Outstanding work on the project.

Leave a comment:

• mountainman28713
    replied
    great job!!!! looks low profile as well. Great inovation on the trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    eu2000 there is no other option for quiet, reliable power

Leave a comment:

• teach
    replied
    Very nice. Have fun and stay well.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    A little late, but here's a couple pics of the Gypsy on her maiden voyage.....I still have yet to trim out the interior, though it's wired up, paneled, and about 65% complete.....

It's nice and cozy at night, and stays relatively cool in the heat of the day, so far.....I'm living out of a cooler for the time being (no fridge or cabinetry yet)...and walking around on a naked subfloor, but it beats a tent or sleeping in your truck, and I have full lighting, electrical, and bath facilities hoked up.......I'll stave off the interior pics until the thing is completely trimmed out..... :blink:

BTW...I'm in the market for a genny....something to the tune of between 1000 and 2500 watts and QUIET.....I can't see having any friends left in the RV parks if I gotta fire up my jobsite genny when the power goes out...it's a 5000 watt screamer..... and RV parks tend to lose power frequently in Tulsa, due to the friggin' wind....

Leave a comment:

• unswydd
    replied
    This is just amazing! I've been looking at this kind of setup myself. Problem I have is that I'm not a carpenter. LOL I have to measure 3 or 4 times and cut hopefully only once. No guarantee tho. Yikes!!! Thanks for sharing this with us! I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do on the inside! Typical woman of course. :-)

Leave a comment:

• combatcreep08
    replied
    looks great! that's a hell of an idea!

Leave a comment:

• Damocles
    replied
    I've been "helping" with this thing a bit (in the way, I'm sure, most of the time). It's awesome what my bud can do with just about anything he sets his mind to. I'm hoping we can take it to CO later this year for mule deer season, too.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Sounds good...if I come South, I'll look it up.....

Leave a comment:

• bart
    replied
    we also sell trailers and trailer parts. if you come to galv. area stop by american fence in league city. we are right on i-45.

Leave a comment:

• bart
    replied
    if you plan on doing battery power you can use the auxillary charge on your truck to charge the bats while driving. if you have the seven spade round plug it should be at one oclock. btw, galveston is still pretty busy right now. i work for the biggest local fencing supplier in galveston county and were pretty busy and have been since sept.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Some more progress...it's finally 100% in the dry, and just needs some minor trim work on the exterior.....

Dudn't that roman blue just make it pop?

The bare part on the front is where I'll install some diamond plate, to guard it from mud, road grime, rocks, etc. thrown by the truck....

I'll also be adding a 24"x24" aluminum window to the port side today, and a ladder rack on the starboard....I'll probably spend most of the evening fabricating my exterior door.....if, for some reason, I don't hit any snags, I might even get the elec pulled tonight...I'm really not in the mood to cut glass right now, so I'm leaving the front window covered for now....I'll get 'round to it when I feel like it......

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    Nice job big saw, you're a talented cuss!

Leave a comment:

• herbalpagan
    replied
    About 15 years ago, my ex father-in-law decided he didn't want to live with his wife any more. He worked at a tool and die factory and had a bit of land up the road from the house, with some garages on it. He took and old hay trailer ( a bit wider than the one above) and every day he brought home pallets from work. Gradually, he built what he calls his "camp". a little bigger than the OP's, but same idea. He has two rooms in his and probably about $500. I don't think it would go down the road with as much ease, but he's lived in it for about 15 years now and it's still fine. Not bad for a $500 investment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X