DIY Cabin on the Mountain.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Cabin on the Mountain.

After a long search the time has come to tell my cabin tale. I am no professional, just a DIYer who can get 'er done!
    I built it single-handed with a little assistance along the way.

Here's the land to make my mountain home! Plenty of trees, some dead ones like these two as well!

My friendly neighbor G-Man helped me out too, he already has a cabin and other artifact equipment which he offered to lend. All the neighbors are friendly, even T-Man the paramilitary hermit from the low-mountains.

The heatwave that has been sweeping the PNW has been testing, whenever I work outside I have to make sure I cool down again with plenty of water. It's dry too, the wind has been still. That's great for the White Baron to fly in, but not so great for down below on Terra Firma.

Last edited by Tyler Danann; 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

About my acreage amid the All-Forest:

This is the shower area! I stand on the stump and take care of business!

This is the first of four 30 foot purlins, I peeled it with a hatchet and draw-knife.

Here's another, just to the left of this is where my tent is now set up:

This replaced the one that was torn up by a black bear on the rampage. Hopefully this year it will be less molested!

Comment

The toilet facilities aren't much but will evolve into a proper composting outhouse in future times:

I'll be leaving those big trees in the center up so I can run my sky-wires for hoisting the great thirty-footer logs into the air.

Comment

There's a river nearby for emergency water too!

A creek and well are nearer though, the latter being my primary source.

Comment

Can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing
            WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Looks like a great spot. Beautiful setting. Keep us posted as you progress.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Looks like a great start. Lots to keep you busy.

Comment

Nice Tyler.
                  "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Great place for a cabin. It looks so peaceful there. keep us up to date on the progress. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Danann View Post
                      There's a river nearby for emergency water too!

A creek and well are nearer though, the latter being my primary source.
                      Tyler, you still out there? Any updates?
                      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I see in post #6 that Diesel has a facebook and twitter accounts........I have neither. Maybe some of you could try to contact him.
                        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

??? Where do you see that in post #6 (other than the Facebook and Twitter buttons that are beneath all of our names on the left sidebar)?
                          Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post
                            ??? Where do you see that in post #6 (other than the Facebook and Twitter buttons that are beneath all of our names on the left sidebar)?
                            SORRY.........Me dumber then a box of ROCKS.
                            One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

SORRY.........Me dumber then a box of ROCKS.
                              NO, suh!!! You are not. You are human like the rest of us. Last time I checked, I did not see any perfect people running around, lol.

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Working...
                              X