Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.I.Y. Neck Knives....

No long-winded tutorial this time...

Just made this thing this evening out of a dull skillsaw blade....gonna make a few more...should be able to get three decent ones out of a single blade.

Handle is drilled twice to accommodate a 4 ft paracord cobra-wrap w/integrated lanyard.

Sheath is drying right now....used a kydex scrap and after cutting and shaping, dipped it in plasti-cote.....will post pics of final product when finished....

Blade edge is chisel ground, finished with 1500 grit wet paper and will mow hair.

Do I smell a challenge?
    Attached Files
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Pretty sweet. You cut it out of a circular saw blade?
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
      Pretty sweet. You cut it out of a circular saw blade?
      Yup...used my angle grinder and a cutoff wheel to rough it in, then cleaned it up with the bench grinder....
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Aaaand another....

Here's what I came up with for a stilletto....
        Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! Nothing bad to say at all....Surprised?
          ~Lyon~

Comment

Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
            Sweet! Nothing bad to say at all....Surprised?
            Shocked....

Got a couple of nice commercial neckkies, but these are cheaper and lighter/thinner....Saw blades are tempered, high-grade steel, though, so the blades should be plenty durable.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
              Here's what I came up with for a stilletto....
              People with such talents disgust me. Sheeesh!...Showoff:D
              The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Eh....gotta keep the boredom to a minimum somehow while waiting for death or revolution.....

Anyways, as promised, here's the sheath for the chisel blade knife...

As you can see, I prefer to stitch the Kydex on a sheath, rather than the chicago bolts I use for my holsters, etc....I like the look it gives the sheath....kinda old-timey...
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice Knives Saw!!!:D

later,
                  ZA

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                  beat you to death with it because it is empty.

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Comment

Working...
                  X