Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bambam55
    replied
    Hey Rebrider the next time you get a deer instead of using the hatchet ,try this .This was passed to me by a friend .When you want to split the tailbone I'm assuming you mean the pelvic bone (the bone that holds the leggs from spreading out) cut the meat down to that bone and cut it away alittle on each side like u were trying to seperate the meat from the bone. Then look closely at the bone there is a small tine of cartilage that sort of zig zags through the bone, push ur knife down through the cartilage in the angles that it zig zags and the pelvis just pops open. Bambam55

Leave a comment:

• tbkbtk123
    replied
    Outstanding information, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• AlphaWolf
    replied
    Explosion yes had a typo and i can not spell sorry!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pioneer
    replied
    Diesel - Big Thanks!

This article inspired me to go back and use the stones again. I have used my Accusharp for the past 8 years I think it's been. This method works great, but I have been needing some inspiration to relax and get back to enjoying the sounds of the blades sliding across the stone. Such a ridiculous thing, yet so relaxing to hear! I guess everyone has their own favorite sharpening methods they either like or feel comfortable with and after reading this lengthy article, I realized I was neglecting my blades by being too lazy to appreciate them like I used to!

I also cheated, I had to go down to um, "my basement" and pick out 2 of my sharpening stones from down there because I didn't have any in the house at all. All of my stones were in a few different cache locations because I was so used to the accusharp sharpener that I just figured I'd use it until I couldn't. I bought 6 of these things back when I was introduced to them and now 5 are in the basement where they should have been in the first place.

The whole article was fantastic! I sure learned a thing or three!
    :D
    Last edited by Pioneer; 11-21-2009, 02:17 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Centurion
    replied
    Great info thanks Diesel

Leave a comment:

• rsanders
    replied
    Originally posted by cbprice797 View Post
    WTF is an INPLOSION proof bulb?? Implosion? Never heard of this
    Neither has Google, I couldn't find anything on it. Google did ask if I meant "Explosion" :confused:

Leave a comment:

• cbprice797
    replied
    WTF is an INPLOSION proof bulb?? Implosion? Never heard of this

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by hubste5 View Post
    Ok, I need a visual... you know, one of those "worth a 1000 word" types! :confused:
    +1............................

Leave a comment:

• hubste5
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    IDK, but it does. I keep one with me all the time, they are fragale so you have to be carful. All my knives are razor shrpe. :)
    It is a sarmick inside that may have something to do with it.
    Ok, I need a visual... you know, one of those "worth a 1000 word" types! :confused:

Leave a comment:

• AlphaWolf
    replied
    IDK, but it does. I keep one with me all the time, they are fragale so you have to be carful. All my knives are razor shrpe. :)
    It is a sarmick inside that may have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    they may be hard to find but the insides of a inplosin proof light bulb is grate for knife sharpening. 10-15 strokes and ur are done.
    WTF? How's that work?

Leave a comment:

• AlphaWolf
    replied
    they may be hard to find but the insides of a inplosin proof light bulb is grate for knife sharpening. 10-15 strokes and ur are done.

Leave a comment:

• hubste5
    replied
    Thanks for the tips, I am going to try this one, found it bundled with a multi-tool for $12.95, low expectations on the tool, but Iv'e seen good reviews on the sharpner.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...lti-Tool-.html

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    thank you diesel very informative enriching full bodied article

Leave a comment:

• TheLastMountainMan
    replied
    Great post. I just use a wet stone and sit in front of TV (when home) or fire (when camping/hunting). Sharp enough to shave with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X