Knife Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hubste5 View Post
    Ok, I need a visual... you know, one of those "worth a 1000 word" types! :confused:
    +1............................
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

WTF is an INPLOSION proof bulb?? Implosion? Never heard of this

Comment

Originally posted by cbprice797 View Post
        WTF is an INPLOSION proof bulb?? Implosion? Never heard of this
        Neither has Google, I couldn't find anything on it. Google did ask if I meant "Explosion" :confused:
        Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Comment

Great info thanks Diesel

Comment

Diesel - Big Thanks!

This article inspired me to go back and use the stones again. I have used my Accusharp for the past 8 years I think it's been. This method works great, but I have been needing some inspiration to relax and get back to enjoying the sounds of the blades sliding across the stone. Such a ridiculous thing, yet so relaxing to hear! I guess everyone has their own favorite sharpening methods they either like or feel comfortable with and after reading this lengthy article, I realized I was neglecting my blades by being too lazy to appreciate them like I used to!

I also cheated, I had to go down to um, "my basement" and pick out 2 of my sharpening stones from down there because I didn't have any in the house at all. All of my stones were in a few different cache locations because I was so used to the accusharp sharpener that I just figured I'd use it until I couldn't. I bought 6 of these things back when I was introduced to them and now 5 are in the basement where they should have been in the first place.

The whole article was fantastic! I sure learned a thing or three!
            :D
            Last edited by Pioneer; 11-21-2009, 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
            Being unprepared is giving up!

Comment

Explosion yes had a typo and i can not spell sorry!!!

Comment

Outstanding information, thank you!

Comment

Hey Rebrider the next time you get a deer instead of using the hatchet ,try this .This was passed to me by a friend .When you want to split the tailbone I'm assuming you mean the pelvic bone (the bone that holds the leggs from spreading out) cut the meat down to that bone and cut it away alittle on each side like u were trying to seperate the meat from the bone. Then look closely at the bone there is a small tine of cartilage that sort of zig zags through the bone, push ur knife down through the cartilage in the angles that it zig zags and the pelvis just pops open. Bambam55

Comment

Working...
                  X