Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnesium Fire starters $2 at Harbor Freight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magnesium Fire starters $2 at Harbor Freight

    Looks like this weekend only, but you can't beat $2 for a mag fire starter. I'll pick up an extra couple. Just fyi.
    He who lives with the most toys, wins.

  • #2
    crap....



    $2.80 per
    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

    Comment


    • #3
      The HF website is still saying $2.79 marked down from $2.99 for their Parking Lot sale this weekend...... Do you have to have a coupon or something?

      http://www.harborfreight.com/parking...-6-11.html?p=7
      The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

      Comment


      • #4
        I always thought magnesium was over rated and not worth a penny. I have never needed it for fire starting. I prefer waxed jute...easy to make and burns longer. Plus, it doesn't blow away.

        Comment


        • #5
          a lot of times when they have their parking lot sales....they have a flyer with a coupon.....20% most the time.
          Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
            a lot of times when they have their parking lot sales....they have a flyer with a coupon.....20% most the time.
            LOL!! I get those flyers! I keep a 20% HF coupon in my wallet at all times. It says it's only good for one item though. I'm going to swing by there this weekend and see what can be had. Thanks for the tip monet861.

            I see what you're saying Snow Walker, and though I've never "needed" magnesium, a few shavings will stick like glue to a tuft of dryer lint, helping it to stay put.... and for those of us that may be more challenged in the art of flame creation sans matches and lighters (me), it makes for an easy, ultra hot, fire starter.

            I love the stuff.

            For what it's worth... I also plan to make some of your waxed jute starters... You just can't have too many ways to start a fire.
            Last edited by slowz1k; 06-10-2011, 11:46 AM.
            The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

            Comment


            • #7
              I keep one in the pack....but I got some of these to give as awards to my Scouts.
              Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

              Comment


              • #8
                Monet861 speaks the truth!!!
                Went by HF at lunch and found a box full on the sidewalk at $2.00 each. Tried to throw my 20% off coupon at them as well, but they were having none of that.:o
                It was worth a shot.
                The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
                  LOL!! I get those flyers! I keep a 20% HF coupon in my wallet at all times. It says it's only good for one item though. I'm going to swing by there this weekend and see what can be had. Thanks for the tip monet861.

                  I see what you're saying Snow Walker, and though I've never "needed" magnesium, a few shavings will stick like glue to a tuft of dryer lint, helping it to stay put.... and for those of us that may be more challenged in the art of flame creation sans matches and lighters (me), it makes for an easy, ultra hot, fire starter.

                  I love the stuff.

                  For what it's worth... I also plan to make some of your waxed jute starters... You just can't have too many ways to start a fire.
                  Im thinking I have about 5 or 6 coupons on hand right now! Now, we live real close to HF, but the mr says all their stuff is crap.. NOW, we joke about it a lot, actually.No, I dont buy their power tools and such. I will buy their cheapy flashlights, and tape and hoses, sandpaper and such. I think more than anything we buy tarps from there with the coupons.. We camp a lot and can always uses tarps, same with lawn work. So, although we joke their "crap", we still buy stuff from them. I think I get double coupons from them, weekly.. lol.. anyone need a few? :)
                  If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
                    LOL!! I get those flyers! I keep a 20% HF coupon in my wallet at all times. It says it's only good for one item though. I'm going to swing by there this weekend and see what can be had. Thanks for the tip monet861.

                    I see what you're saying Snow Walker, and though I've never "needed" magnesium, a few shavings will stick like glue to a tuft of dryer lint, helping it to stay put.... and for those of us that may be more challenged in the art of flame creation sans matches and lighters (me), it makes for an easy, ultra hot, fire starter.

                    I love the stuff.

                    For what it's worth... I also plan to make some of your waxed jute starters... You just can't have too many ways to start a fire.
                    Your right, the more options the better. I have never needed it, but do have some. I played with the stuff, but it just fustrated me. Good idea about the lint. Are certain magnesium bars/brandnames better then others?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I agree on the crap label for HF, but for simple items like firestarters, flashlights and such $2 for a few spares can't be beat. I don't think I have ever bought a power tool from them. With my Mustang I sometimes need a usually expensive tool for a hopefully one time use and can sometimes find it cheaper(mainly with the 20% coupon) and then just stick it in the tool box for the next 20 years. I must have a hundred of their free flashlights all over the house....
                      He who lives with the most toys, wins.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by monet861 View Post
                        I agree on the crap label for HF, but for simple items like firestarters, flashlights and such $2 for a few spares can't be beat. I don't think I have ever bought a power tool from them. With my Mustang I sometimes need a usually expensive tool for a hopefully one time use and can sometimes find it cheaper(mainly with the 20% coupon) and then just stick it in the tool box for the next 20 years. I must have a hundred of their free flashlights all over the house....
                        lol.. yep.. what year is the Mustang? The old man had to trade his in when we had baby number 2 together, which brought us up to 4 kids.. lol.. he still has his old, fox body, from when he was a teen.. cant part with it.. grrr lol
                        If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          .... charclothe.

                          O.W.
                          Things are seldom what they seem.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            '67 convertible, but since we moved up here near Chicago I've been thinking of getting rid of it. I just don't get the use of it like I did in Carolina. Same reason we ditched the boat.... Such is life I guess. I got it to replace a 2 seater I had when the wife first got pregnant.
                            He who lives with the most toys, wins.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Today is the last day of the sale for $2.00, but still at $2.99 they are cheaper then most. Went by they yesterday and picked up 3 more and got a 750 watt power inverter for 29.99.
                              "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
                              -Ben Franklin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X