Clear All

• Lil Bear
    replied
    Got my interest peaked.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron mike View Post
    Still pretty cool plz keep us posted very interested to see what you do with it
    My brother is coming in next weekend...hopefully we'll do some wiring....that's the plan any way.

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    replied
    Still pretty cool plz keep us posted very interested to see what you do with it

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    The HF panels are only 45 watts....you bump it down to 15w and get about 2.5 amps....you can keep a charge up....but it's not enough to bring a battery back from being wore down......Well you may given a month of sunny days....it just doesn't generate enough juice.

A deep cycle battery is better for power use applications...due to the fact that they are meant to be taken down very low...then charged back to full. A typical car battery will be killed by doing so repetitively.

Leave a comment:

• Ganger
    replied
    With the battery bank, so do they make commerical batterys for this purpose or are you forced to kind of use deep cycle batteries?

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by tmedlin View Post
    got the 45W set from HF, too...our group is planning to use them to keep a bank of 12V Marine batteries charged...but we haven't really started the project yet - been too busy with the gardening.
    the HF set of cells make a decent maintainer.....but they will not work as a charger.

Leave a comment:

• tmedlin
    replied
    got the 45W set from HF, too...our group is planning to use them to keep a bank of 12V Marine batteries charged...but we haven't really started the project yet - been too busy with the gardening.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    what a find. jeez some guys have all the luck. lol
    luck or a curse....if you saw the shear volume of speghetti underneath the thing...you'd understand....:)

Leave a comment:

• Dawg Fan
    replied
    what a find. jeez some guys have all the luck. lol

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    I'll post when I get started on it.....I got the wire....now it's just time.

Leave a comment:

• mikehemi
    replied
    That is sweet I hope you can show it off here when you finish it up.

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    NO WAY!!!!!

That is the coolest score ever!!! Echo you HAVE to keep us posted on this one!!!!!

You didn't happen to get it from a guy named Walsh did you???

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    what the heck? u bought or got that for free? what's there just the solar?
    Did a little welding job for the guy.....all the solar cells are intact.....in the process of wiring now.....to see what output really is.....

Depending on what the output is....I may buy another PowerBright pure sine inverter....

Leave a comment:

• PT945
    replied
    That's great, and for a 50.00 weld job. That's is going to be the score of the year .

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    what the heck? u bought or got that for free? what's there just the solar?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X