• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
    LOL:cool::cool::cool:
    I wonder what that could be????:cool: Again... Good job!!!
    lol.. got it... :)

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Minutes View Post
    There *might* be other things I did not mention in the bag that weigh it down.

2Min
    LOL:cool::cool::cool:
    I wonder what that could be????:cool: Again... Good job!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2Minutes
    replied
    There *might* be other things I did not mention in the bag that weigh it down. Water is 8.3 lbs per gal, so without hydration bladder, roughly 4.5 lbs of water plus bottles. The pack by itself weighs about 7 lbs.

2Min

Leave a comment:

• maric
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Minutes View Post
    83 lbs with boots and empty bladder (but w 2 liters in bottles). Sorry, I did not feel like emptying it to answer what is a better question than what I was thinking: true -- if I'm walking, I got to get my feet on first. And likely go to BDUs if I am "at work" when I decide I have get home by foot. This is much like insurance. I really hope I never need it... so far so good. I survived June 21.

2Min
    Nice set up, but uggggg, I dont think I could do 83lbs.. Well, I know I couldnt. Is it the water that makes it so heavy? How heavy is the pack? See, I carry stuff on me in my "murse", then, I have a bag for the kids. I keep stuff in the car, such as emergency kits, blankies, and some water. Id be in deep poo if I had to hoof it with all the kids, 2 being toddlers. I couldnt carry enough water, plus them, to make it anywhere. Souldnt say that though, Im sure if I had no choice "mama bear" could kick it into high gear! Gotta improvise a little. Thanks for the post!!

Leave a comment:

• 2Minutes
    replied
    83 lbs with boots and empty bladder (but w 2 liters in bottles). Sorry, I did not feel like emptying it to answer what is a better question than what I was thinking: true -- if I'm walking, I got to get my feet on first. And likely go to BDUs if I am "at work" when I decide I have get home by foot. This is much like insurance. I really hope I never need it... so far so good. I survived June 21.

2Min

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Good Job!!!!
    Just curious... What did your bag weight come out to be???, sans boots of course.

I like the treehouse analogy,,, and you're right... These things are always a work in progress.

Thanks for the pics

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by emergprep View Post
    I teach my scouts to carry three glow sticks with lanyards. If they get lost etc they can throw one up in a tree for the same purpose.
    That's a very good idea.

Leave a comment:

• 2Minutes
    replied
    Ok so here it is... this will be a treehouse (always something else to do)... I realize this looks a lot like a BOB and no surprise, but I do appreciate the advice of the group.

Pack: Voodoo Tact Tobago

Clothing: Boots, 5x Socks, 4x Undies, 4x Ts, BDUs, Pancho, LED Baseball Cap, Bandanas, mechanix gloves,

Food: 2 liters H2O in Stainless bottles, H2O Bladder (empty), Filter Bottle, Lots-o-Paydays, Tea & Coffee singles, 4 Mountain House Meals, Esbit cooker, Sugar packets, plasticwear, alum GI cup,

Various: 100’ 550, Thin Paint Tarp, Flashlights, Bug Juice, First Aid stuff, compass, CB , folding knife and boxcutter, footpowder, flint and steel, lighters, lint, TP, Notebook, pencil, sharpie, zip ties, emer blanket, head/neck mosquito neck, glowstick, multipliers

2Min (got ziplocs?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5697.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	184596

Name:	DSCF5698.JPG
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	184597

Name:	DSCF5696.JPG
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	184598

Name:	DSCF5695.JPG
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	184599

Leave a comment:

• emergprep
    replied
    I've been in a similar commute for 15 years. My pack included a llit very similar to Jerry D's. I included a couple of thermal blankets and a mummy bag. I had to use it twice in winter weather never wen without. I recently included a 4pc. shakespeare durango panfish pole. I thought if necessary, I could tie a glow stick to the end and extend it for a sight signal. I teach my scouts to carry three glow sticks with lanyards. If they get lost etc they can throw one up in a tree for the same purpose.

Leave a comment:

• PT945
    replied
    Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
    just got done vacuum sealing 4 rolls of TP with the insert pulled out.....important stuff...:)
    LOL, good idea.

Leave a comment:

• TerryLane
    replied
    GORP=Good Old Raisens and Peanuts. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    just got done vacuum sealing 4 rolls of TP with the insert pulled out.....important stuff...:)

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    speaking of gorp.....I've went on a 1.5 day hike....And was fairly broke......

A 1/2 plastic jar of peanut butter and fill with bunch of honey and raisins....mix for high energy....I had a bag with 4 10" tortillas too.

You could mix up the same and put in a heady duty freezer bag to save space.

Do not forget a spoon....:)

Leave a comment:

• TennOutdoors
    replied
    great posts. My get home bag is the same as my bug out bag. LOL

Small one man trail tent, micro lantern and one bottle of propane.
    E tool. first aid kit stocked with antibiotics, pain killers, Triple bac, small surgical kit. Epi pens, two space blankets, two or three days of clothes. a pack of new socks unopened. ( god I love new socks).

spare goretex boots, firestarter, small folding hand saw. Poncho, three packs of matches in waterproof container. small roll out bag with spices packed in small waterproof pill bottles. Three MRE's, box of 12 power bars. small tackle box, spool of 100 test line, cast net. two canteens, three water bottles. small sewing kit, my espite stove. and five packs of fuel. Chem light sticks, quick ties, roll of cord. a combat knife. a hundred foot of rope, two carbines. theres more but I cant think of all of it at the moment.

I also have a Tac vest with web belt that has a radio, compass, maps, emergency prep kit, pressure bandages, mini mag, a ghurka, and another canteen.

Ill go thru my kits again and see what i missed and list it here. LOL.
    Last edited by TennOutdoors; 04-30-2011, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oilburner
    replied
    I'm a cell tower climber and travel all over the state of NY (but not in NYC thankfully), so on anygiven day I could be a few miles from home or a few hours from home. I pack a bag every sunday night to be gone 5 days, but keep a small "GHB" packed within my work week bag. The way I see it, whatever it is that may happen, I'm going home, before the "if or when" bugging out occurrs. It's a family thing. Clothes I have covered in the work week bag, it's a frame pack MOLLE deal, so if I want to take it the whole way, it's fine. If I want to seperate the "GHB" from the big bag, so be it too, I'll just have less clothes. In the "GHB" I have a...

SAWYER water bottle with filter, I've used it on many a hiking, camping trip, and even grossed out some of the other tower guys with where I would be willing to drink water from, it's a great simple bottle, and I've used it enough to trust it.

Becker Knife and Tool BK2. I bought it in the mid '90s, and I know what it's capable of... it'll chop and pry, and holds and takes an edge just fine. again, something I've used a lot and trust. (I alsways carry a small case pocket knife and a locking folder on my belt, so the BK2 is the only knife needed in the bag)

A flint and steel, a lighter, and a couple books of matches wraped in foil and in a ziplock bag. (The foil and ziplock can be used for stuff besides holding this stuff).

I have a small collapsible shakespear fishing rod in there, teloscopic, about a foot long closed up or so. I love to fish, so I want it every week anyhow, never know where the job site is close to a fishing spot :) A small 35mm film canister has hooks, line, sinkers, and clevices, etc.

A NYS map, and a compass. I use this for work anyhow so I actually have doubles. one map and compass in my work truck, and one in my bag. Which brings up that great survival gear saying... 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

A heavy rain parka, has brass eyelets around the bottom, so it can be tied up and used as a shelter also.

Which brings up the 50ft of parachord... for whatever.

One MRE... I travel light I guess. I know what my body can go on and what it can't, I can stretch one MRE over a couple days if need be. Hay, the weight adds up! Also I have 3 energy bars.

First aid supplies- Antibacterial ointment, burnointment, roll of medical tape and guase, bandaids, and one of those emergency blankets...standard stuff.

A small flash light and extra batteries.

A gun, well, in my state you can only carry one in your vehicle if it's in plain sight and not loaded, and my company doesn't allow guns on the job site or in their vehicles so...

A multi tool

That's about it without looking through it I think... Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X