What goes in my Get Home Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great posts. My get home bag is the same as my bug out bag. LOL

Small one man trail tent, micro lantern and one bottle of propane.
    E tool. first aid kit stocked with antibiotics, pain killers, Triple bac, small surgical kit. Epi pens, two space blankets, two or three days of clothes. a pack of new socks unopened. ( god I love new socks).

spare goretex boots, firestarter, small folding hand saw. Poncho, three packs of matches in waterproof container. small roll out bag with spices packed in small waterproof pill bottles. Three MRE's, box of 12 power bars. small tackle box, spool of 100 test line, cast net. two canteens, three water bottles. small sewing kit, my espite stove. and five packs of fuel. Chem light sticks, quick ties, roll of cord. a combat knife. a hundred foot of rope, two carbines. theres more but I cant think of all of it at the moment.

I also have a Tac vest with web belt that has a radio, compass, maps, emergency prep kit, pressure bandages, mini mag, a ghurka, and another canteen.

Ill go thru my kits again and see what i missed and list it here. LOL.
    Last edited by TennOutdoors; 04-30-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

speaking of gorp.....I've went on a 1.5 day hike....And was fairly broke......

A 1/2 plastic jar of peanut butter and fill with bunch of honey and raisins....mix for high energy....I had a bag with 4 10" tortillas too.

You could mix up the same and put in a heady duty freezer bag to save space.

Do not forget a spoon....:)
      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

just got done vacuum sealing 4 rolls of TP with the insert pulled out.....important stuff...:)
        Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

GORP=Good Old Raisens and Peanuts. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo2 View Post
            just got done vacuum sealing 4 rolls of TP with the insert pulled out.....important stuff...:)
            LOL, good idea.

Comment

I've been in a similar commute for 15 years. My pack included a llit very similar to Jerry D's. I included a couple of thermal blankets and a mummy bag. I had to use it twice in winter weather never wen without. I recently included a 4pc. shakespeare durango panfish pole. I thought if necessary, I could tie a glow stick to the end and extend it for a sight signal. I teach my scouts to carry three glow sticks with lanyards. If they get lost etc they can throw one up in a tree for the same purpose.

Comment

Ok so here it is... this will be a treehouse (always something else to do)... I realize this looks a lot like a BOB and no surprise, but I do appreciate the advice of the group.

Pack: Voodoo Tact Tobago

Clothing: Boots, 5x Socks, 4x Undies, 4x Ts, BDUs, Pancho, LED Baseball Cap, Bandanas, mechanix gloves,

Food: 2 liters H2O in Stainless bottles, H2O Bladder (empty), Filter Bottle, Lots-o-Paydays, Tea & Coffee singles, 4 Mountain House Meals, Esbit cooker, Sugar packets, plasticwear, alum GI cup,

Various: 100’ 550, Thin Paint Tarp, Flashlights, Bug Juice, First Aid stuff, compass, CB , folding knife and boxcutter, footpowder, flint and steel, lighters, lint, TP, Notebook, pencil, sharpie, zip ties, emer blanket, head/neck mosquito neck, glowstick, multipliers

2Min (got ziplocs?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5697.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	184596

Name:	DSCF5698.JPG
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	184597

Name:	DSCF5696.JPG
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	184598

Name:	DSCF5695.JPG
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	184599

Comment

Originally posted by emergprep View Post
                  I teach my scouts to carry three glow sticks with lanyards. If they get lost etc they can throw one up in a tree for the same purpose.
                  That's a very good idea.
                  "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Good Job!!!!
                    Just curious... What did your bag weight come out to be???, sans boots of course.

I like the treehouse analogy,,, and you're right... These things are always a work in progress.

Thanks for the pics
                    The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

83 lbs with boots and empty bladder (but w 2 liters in bottles). Sorry, I did not feel like emptying it to answer what is a better question than what I was thinking: true -- if I'm walking, I got to get my feet on first. And likely go to BDUs if I am "at work" when I decide I have get home by foot. This is much like insurance. I really hope I never need it... so far so good. I survived June 21.

2Min

Comment

Originally posted by 2Minutes View Post
                        83 lbs with boots and empty bladder (but w 2 liters in bottles). Sorry, I did not feel like emptying it to answer what is a better question than what I was thinking: true -- if I'm walking, I got to get my feet on first. And likely go to BDUs if I am "at work" when I decide I have get home by foot. This is much like insurance. I really hope I never need it... so far so good. I survived June 21.

2Min
                        Nice set up, but uggggg, I dont think I could do 83lbs.. Well, I know I couldnt. Is it the water that makes it so heavy? How heavy is the pack? See, I carry stuff on me in my "murse", then, I have a bag for the kids. I keep stuff in the car, such as emergency kits, blankies, and some water. Id be in deep poo if I had to hoof it with all the kids, 2 being toddlers. I couldnt carry enough water, plus them, to make it anywhere. Souldnt say that though, Im sure if I had no choice "mama bear" could kick it into high gear! Gotta improvise a little. Thanks for the post!!
                        If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

There *might* be other things I did not mention in the bag that weigh it down. Water is 8.3 lbs per gal, so without hydration bladder, roughly 4.5 lbs of water plus bottles. The pack by itself weighs about 7 lbs.

2Min

Comment

Originally posted by 2Minutes View Post
                            There *might* be other things I did not mention in the bag that weigh it down.

2Min
                            LOL:cool::cool::cool:
                            I wonder what that could be????:cool: Again... Good job!!!
                            The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by slowz1k View Post
                              LOL:cool::cool::cool:
                              I wonder what that could be????:cool: Again... Good job!!!
                              lol.. got it... :)
                              If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X