Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to turn this forum around

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to turn this forum around

    I have been very busy over past few months, but wanted to take time to try to help bring this forum back on the path of being no. 1 again. It has always been the best forum going and I left because of certain people and not being able to so much as bring up old post without being kicked around. I should never have let that person get to me like that.
    I am going to try to stir you guys and gals into thinking about your preps in a different light. So put on your thinking caps.
    Most forums have been about storing food and water, guns and ammo. That is all good but now is the time to think about what can happen in this country. This country is in bad shape, both politically and morally.
    Our schools are not teaching like they should because the left does not want us to be educated. This way they promote socializem much easier. They do not want our boarders to be closed because the left wants the illegals to vote for them. We will become a total social and communist country. There will be no stopping it. It is to late for that. Trump may very well be the last republican president. Rather he wins in 2020, who knows.
    What we need to be thinking about now is how we will survive WW3, civil war and maybe even a revolutionary war. And yes this can happen. We will by no means win in WW3 as we will have fallen from within. We will be battling our own wars from within. We all know what happens in a civil war but what will be the kicker is a revolutionary war. They will take what food, water, and anything else you have they think they might need. We will all be watched just like they are doing in China now. Yes we still need to store food, water, ammo, etc. but we need to be clever in our ways to hide what we have. That will not be as easy as you think. In a civil war, they will burn stores, homes and anything else them deem to destroy. As for a revolution, I think Morgan is the history buff. It will not be a pretty site.
    So on this note, I hope to have given you guys and gals something to think about. There is a lot I could say but rules will not let me say but so much.
    Time to put on your thinking caps and look at past history. See what you can come up with that will help in your prepping for this kind of stuff that can and will happen in this country. It will go broke. One thing is learning to homestead. This will be one of the best options, though many have no idea where to start. We must learn to garden, how to store food by way of dehydration, smoking of meats, how to build a root cellar. Raise chickens for both eggs and meat, as well as rabbits. Hunting and fishing will be out of the question at some point in time. This is a start but need to learn new ways to do many things. Something to think about.
    Hope this gets things started. Think about it.
    Last edited by Applejack; 08-08-2019, 07:30 PM.

  • #2
    I at this time do NOT trust Diesel, the owner and administrator to properly manage this forum. Posting quality content on any forum requires Time-skill-interest-knowledge. SADLY posting here is largely a wasted effort.

    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow! Sourdough. So much negativity. Diesel is a good guy but is very busy. Yes, it is sad he can't be more active to keep things right. But it is what it is. The hacking of this forum messed it up rather badly. But that does not mean we can't get it back on it's feet, move on and stop the negative attitudes. No one being able to stop the trolls, etc. But guess we need to just block those and move on. Though blocking has it's issues. So if you think you can add to the above please do. There are a lot of newcomers on here that would like to learn how to prep for what is happening in today's world and to know what is going on. Please try to contribute or if you are unhappy and don't want to contribute, please just don't be so negative. It doesn't help the forum nor the cause.

      Comment


      • #4
        AJ, I came back after Diesel's e-mail but there doesn't seem to be enough input from new or old members to get the site active. There is truth in what Sourdough said. It takes a lot of time to write good post for the site and a lot more experience to make great post. I guess I'm in a wait and see mode. Hope people start using the site more.

        Dale

        Comment


        • #5
          Dalewick, I to came back after hearing from Diesel, but has taken me awhile to do so. I think a lot of what is happening on not just this forum but others as well. People are getting tired. They really are not sure which way to turn. I think many already know we are about to become a socialized and communist country. And there is nothing we can do to stop it. If anything, I think Trump has flushed out the truth about our government. As far as the Dems are concerned we are nothing and they could care less rather we can put food on the table or anything else. They are lining their pockets and that is all they care about. George Soros has given I think about 2.5 million to the dems. ahead of the 2020 election. I have also heard rummer's that Michelle Obummer may run. That would put her husband back in office behind the scenes. I can't be sure of that but it seems the Dems are trying to get her to run because they think she could beat Trump. I really hope that is just a rummer and not fact. I do know that the Obummers have been very quiet as of late.
          So on that note. I will just watch this forum as I have the time. If it does not start to move and make a comeback in some way or the other, I am moving on. At least I have tried to provoke some interest to get something going but I see it is not going to happen. So much for my post.
          People are growing very weary now. So I really don't think any forum will put us in the direction as to preparing for socializem and communism. So I guess we are going down with the ship come 2020.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dalewick View Post
            AJ, I came back after Diesel's e-mail but there doesn't seem to be enough input from new or old members to get the site active. There is truth in what Sourdough said. It takes a lot of time to write good post for the site and a lot more experience to make great post. I guess I'm in a wait and see mode. Hope people start using the site more.

            Dale
            This is NOT complicated. There are required tools and accesses that are urgently needed, but only Diesel has access to those tools. We have "ZERO" active Moderators. Diesel needs to either manage this forum and recruit several Moderators, PLUS-PLUS-PLUS give additional access to many of the tools to another (Limited) "Administrator". We urgently need the "New Posts" fixed.

            Till he fixes things..........most of his "CORE" members are posting at a forum called: https://mysurvivalforum.com/find-new/42070/posts
            Last edited by Sourdough; 08-05-2019, 02:28 PM.
            One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

            Comment


            • #7
              AJ: I agree with your assessment. This is a monstrous ship that has been heading the wrong direction for a long time. It is very hard to turn it around quickly. This country has completely lost is moral compass. The Liberal Left is emboldened by a complicit media that allows them to do and say whatever they want with no fear of repercussion. If you criticize anyone you are a racist, sexist, homophobe. There have been mass shootings during every administration going back to Ronald Reagan. Were any of them blamed on the President? So why are El Paso and Dayton Donald Trump's fault? The media allows people to lie with no fear of consequence. Their hypocrisy is disgusting. The few even among the Democratic contenders that call for some semblance of reality in policy are shouted down by the far Left. They are touting a failed system that has never worked anywhere.

              I keep wondering when the working people in this country are going to wake up? When will they have had enough tax money stolen from them that they realize they are not getting what they paid for? IMHO this has to start at home, and in the schools. The basic family unit has to be restored. A work ethic needs to be instilled at a very young age, and that work ethic has to be reinforced in school. Maybe we will start raising children that know the value of a dollar, and what it takes to earn one.

              One thing is certain. Age old: people who ignore history are doomed to repeat History's mistakes.

              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

              Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

                This is NOT complicated. There are required tools and accesses that are urgently needed, but only Diesel has access to those tools. We have "ZERO" active Moderators. Diesel needs to either manage this forum and recruit several Moderators, PLUS-PLUS-PLUS give additional access to many of the tools to another (Limited) "Administrator". We urgently need the "New Posts" fixed.

                I almost missed this thread! (It didn't show up in the new posts until today after 7 posts were made yesterday.)

                I keep hoping that the issues that Sourdough mentioned in the quoted post actually get resolved. If it does not, then this fine old ship will continue to fill with water and eventually sink. It is almost to that point now.

                If it does get fixed, then things may still take a lot of time to pick back up. But, like a snowball rolling down the hill, it will! Each live thread is like a snowball gathering new posts, and each post usually leads to another, especially if they are useful or thought-provoking ones.

                This will capture and hopefully hold the attention of new members who may add their own "snow" to the snowballs.

                We DO need active moderators with admin powers. No question about that. And we need swift housecleaning when trolls and spammers visit.
                Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 08-06-2019, 09:53 PM.
                Genius is making a way out of no way.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, It seems the only one that answered the first post was Morgan. To much of this forum is not working, or it's sinking, move to the other forum. Well this tells me no one is going to try to bring this forum back to life as no one is trying because everyone has been told to go to the other forum that is mentioned above. So I am moving on. This forum is toast. Yes, I will miss so many of the older folks on here as many are not going to come back anyway. So I am out of here. My house is ready to go on the market and I am heading back to the new house that is now about halfway done. Not yet ready to move in yet but everything going well. So I will be to busy to be on any forum anyway. Best of luck to all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Well, It seems the only one that answered the first post was Morgan. To much of this forum is not working, or it's sinking, move to the other forum. Well this tells me no one is going to try to bring this forum back to life as no one is trying because everyone has been told to go to the other forum that is mentioned above. So I am moving on. This forum is toast. Yes, I will miss so many of the older folks on here as many are not going to come back anyway. So I am out of here. My house is ready to go on the market and I am heading back to the new house that is now about halfway done. Not yet ready to move in yet but everything going well. So I will be to busy to be on any forum anyway. Best of luck to all.
                    I must say that the bolded part above does a huge disservice to many here who have busted butt--and are continuing to work towards reviving this forum. I would hope that you could have at least given us credit for that, lol.

                    I also suspect that you may not know this: Sourdough has put in a lot of effort (probably more than any of us here) to communicate via PMs and also on this forum to the site owner to fix these problems.

                    I am sorry that you are moving on based on ONE person's post rubbing you the wrong way. (Insight of the matter may help to resolve that, which is why I wrote the previous paragraph.) Many of us have already been at that other forum for quite some time; it is nothing new, and it is a good place for all of us to connect with each other in the event that this forum dies of neglect to fix critical forum infrastructure.
                    If you will notice, there has been a core group that has continued to show up here and post regularly in efforts to keep the ship afloat the whole while you have been gone, plus invited others to here. Give them credit for trying to keep the lights on here, too.


                    .
                    Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 08-06-2019, 11:36 PM.
                    Genius is making a way out of no way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Grizzly, Sorry you took my post wrong. I will try to explain what I mean. I posted about what would happen about a civil war, revolutionary war, and yes WW3 as well as how children in public schools are being taught. What were the answers I got. Well Let's see. At this time I don't trust Diesel. Well there is Negativity for you. How about does any one know that Russia can nuke 5 states at one time with one nuke. That's right. You can kiss florida, NY, CA and 2 other states goodby with one nuke. Did you know that N. Korea has shot off 4 nukes in less than 2 weeks. No, Diesel can't be trusted, we have no moderators. Go to the other forum till he fixes things. Well I see what you are all saying but saying these things and sending people to the other forum is not going to help this forum. Rome wasn't built in a day and it does take time. As for moderators, the only one that I have heard to be willing to do the job is Country guy. But he is only one person and Diesel can't just assign people. They have to want the job and should let Diesel know this.
                      Maybe in the meantime, instead of answering a post with I don't trust Diesel, how about talking about the issues at hand. Does anyone here know that Russia has subs that cannot be detected by radar? Does anyone know where the nearest bomb shelter near their homes are? Has anyone on here even thought about that.
                      Why don't you people bring these problems up so others can decide how to prep? I know that you guys have been sending new people to this forum but you are not bringing up anything for them to talk about. Being negative about Diesel will not keep this ship above water. Talking about what is going on in this world will. People need to know how to prep for these things not how bad this forum is because of issues with things not working or how there is no moderator. I have been reading for a long while but not logging in. I did post once or twice but was a waste of time so I thought I would try one more time before hitting the road. Now if you go back and read my post then read what Sourdough, Dale and yes even you said. Maybe then you could understand what I am saying. I cant explain it any better than this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ok, I see what you mean. Most of the posts in this thread did not carry the thoughts in your OP, but they certainly did pertain to the title of the thread.

                        We can't help but feel that success in turning the forum around is depending upon repairing the major holes in the hull of our ship or else all other efforts (posting engaging posts, etc.) will be as fruitless as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

                        If the owner does not have time to deal with the repairs, maybe he should assign admin privileges to someone who does. If critical repairs and maintenance are not done, all the posting in the world won't float this boat. We have already done that, and are a bit weary of working hard to keep it going, only to have it undermined by long term neglect of things that need fixing.


                        Genius is making a way out of no way.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          Grizzly, Sorry you took my post wrong. I will try to explain what I mean. I posted about what would happen about a civil war, revolutionary war, and yes WW3 as well as how children in public schools are being taught. What were the answers I got. Well Let's see. At this time I don't trust Diesel. Well there is Negativity for you. How about does any one know that Russia can nuke 5 states at one time with one nuke. That's right. You can kiss florida, NY, CA and 2 other states goodby with one nuke. Did you know that N. Korea has shot off 4 nukes in less than 2 weeks. No, Diesel can't be trusted, we have no moderators. Go to the other forum till he fixes things. Well I see what you are all saying but saying these things and sending people to the other forum is not going to help this forum. Rome wasn't built in a day and it does take time. As for moderators, the only one that I have heard to be willing to do the job is Country guy. But he is only one person and Diesel can't just assign people. They have to want the job and should let Diesel know this.
                          Maybe in the meantime, instead of answering a post with I don't trust Diesel, how about talking about the issues at hand. Does anyone here know that Russia has subs that cannot be detected by radar? Does anyone know where the nearest bomb shelter near their homes are? Has anyone on here even thought about that.
                          Why don't you people bring these problems up so others can decide how to prep? I know that you guys have been sending new people to this forum but you are not bringing up anything for them to talk about. Being negative about Diesel will not keep this ship above water. Talking about what is going on in this world will. People need to know how to prep for these things not how bad this forum is because of issues with things not working or how there is no moderator. I have been reading for a long while but not logging in. I did post once or twice but was a waste of time so I thought I would try one more time before hitting the road. Now if you go back and read my post then read what Sourdough, Dale and yes even you said. Maybe then you could understand what I am saying. I cant explain it any better than this.
                          AJ.........We understand your desire. We love this forum, we believed in our hearts that this was our home. But we are totally burned out. Diesel came back, and he blamed us. He said this forum was his gift to us........and it was "OUR" job to manage it.
                          He came back and said he would fix things. He said he tweeked some things. He has not been back. And things are still dysfunctional. We are exhausted with attempting to salvage this forum.

                          We have contributed high quality content here and it is wasted effort. I am 73 years old and have been living nearly all of the last 50 years in wilderness Alaska. I have value that I am happy to share with others, but it is a massive waste to be posting here. As far as I can tell Diesel does not give a shit about this forum, and is jerking us off with bullshit about how he is going to fix things.

                          I and others have been stopping by several times per day to check on this forum, and to welcome new members. We are simply burned-out. I wish the best for this forum. But I am going to be contributing quality content where it will be viewed and appreciated.
                          Last edited by Sourdough; 08-07-2019, 03:08 AM.
                          One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X