My "SINGLE" best advise........"HIDE"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree with the run and hide method. That is E&E in the military.

BUT everyone cannot just leave at a moments notice.

What about family members ages for 1 years to 21, are they expect to do E&E? If so most will not survive 2 weeks and you want to hide for 90 days!

What about members who are injured or sick and can not travel!

What if you are out of town visiting relations?

It really does depend on various factors including:

Type of disaster.
    Distance to disaster from home.
    Government response.
    Will/how the disaster will effect you.

Not everyone is going to run away from their responsibilities!

Is there a reason you can't have a hide in your house or your barn or your motor home, etc.

NOTE: I fully 100% support everyone's right to grab a firearm or even two firearms nor even five firearms, and engage in as many gun fights as pleases them. (Both sides fully believing GOD is on their side)

Please NOTE: That when I peek out and observe whoever is still alive.........I'll not assume that only the "Evil" have been rightfully vanquished, and those remaining are without sin, and the finest of humanity. Who did not run away from their responsibilities.

I'll assume it is roughly the same mix of humans with a wide range of moral judgments.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sourdough View Post

Is there a reason you can't have a hide in your house or your barn or your motor home, etc.
      That works for common threats, not usually those in SHTF where they might just burn down your place while your in it.

NOTE: I fully 100% support everyone's right to grab a firearm or even two firearms nor even five firearms, and engage in as many gun fights as pleases them. (Both sides fully believing GOD is on their side)
      Umm.. Not this side.. I believe science is on my side...

Please NOTE: That when I peek out and observe whoever is still alive.........I'll not assume that only the "Evil" have been rightfully vanquished, and those remaining are without sin, and the finest of humanity. Who did not run away from their responsibilities.

I'll assume it is roughly the same mix of humans with a wide range of moral judgments.
      I disagree.. sort of..
      I think there are more good people than bad but in today's world with our lackadaisical justice system, the ratio of bad people has gone up quite a bit.
      After SHTF, I would agree there will still be bad people, but the ratios of bad will drop quite a bit.

Comment

I have never been a believer in the notion of "the golden horde" not in Britain anyway.
        the idea that people will leave the cities and roam the country like a load of locusts is just fanciful at best, people over here wont make it out of the cities, ever, it just wont occur to them.
        and even if they did, which they wont, where do they go? our roads aren't nice straight ones that go off into the distance like those ones you see in American road movies, ours wonder all over the place, they fork off in one direction or another, go over old pack horse bridges which collapse into the rivers now and again, many turnings have no sign posts, and if their sat nav dosent work, which it probably wont post SHTF then they'll probably go off a cliff or drown in a swollen ford or get attacked by a herd of young bulls if they try to go across country.
        80% of the UK population now lives in cities, has city ways and attitudes, knows absolutely nothing about animals or nature, and they cant cook anyway-they just throw a packet of ready made gloop into a microwave and call it dinner, that wont work when there is no electric or gas.
        Last edited by grumpygremlin; 07-24-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
          I have never been a believer in the notion of "the golden horde" not in Britain anyway.
          the idea that people will leave the cities and roam the country like a load of locusts is just fanciful at best, people over here wont make it out of the cities, ever, it just wont occur to them.
          and even if they did, which they wont, where do they go? our roads aren't nice straight ones that go off into the distance like those ones you see in American road movies, ours wonder all over the place, they fork off in one direction or another, go over old pack horse bridges which collapse into the rivers now and again, many turnings have no sign posts, and if their sat nav dosent work, which it probably wont post SHTF then they'll probably go off a cliff or drown in a swollen ford or get attacked by a herd of young bulls if they try to go across country.
          80% of the UK population now lives in cities, has city ways and attitudes, knows absolutely nothing about animals or nature, and they cant cook anyway-they just throw a packet of ready made gloop into a microwave and call it dinner, that wont work when there is no electric or gas.
          Interesting post.......thanks.

Question......if you pretend that just a few, a very few could somehow make it to your general area, what would their attitude likely be.......???

This is a question I often reflect on for my area.......the few who might make it from Los Anchorage to my homestead, what will their attitude be.........??? I don't have an answer, but I wish that I had an answer.
          One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

it would take someone a month to walk from London to my neck of the woods, if they ever made it that's is, I doubt they could even get half way, as they would have to find shelter, food and water along the way, they certainly couldn't carry a months worth,
            someone from the other big cities further north would take even longer-although they would probably head for Wales instead or the Yorkshire moors or the Dales.

Comment

here's the result of a survey I found several years ago, it was done in America but it could well apply to any western country as the results would be about the same.
              people were asked if the SHTF how much food do you have and how long do you think you could survive?
              55% of people said they had less than 3 DAYS worth of food in the house at any one time.
              21% said they would survive for less than ONE WEEK.
              28% said they would survive for less than 2 WEEKS.
              75% said they would be DEAD within 2 MONTHS.
              I think that shows just how unprepared most ordinary people are, I just wonder if they have got any chance is they decided to evacuate, not much probably.

Comment

Here is another reason for waiting before you jump ship: If you and your group run out of food, water or need medical aid after a couple of weeks; what will you do?

Are you going to become a mob destroying things to get what you want????

So you want to run but may become the problem we all think about.

Comment

why would any group run out of food and water in a couple of weeks? I've got enough for 6 MONTHS (minimum) + what we can grow and forage.
                  its the sheeple who will run out of food within weeks....maybe days.
                  Last edited by grumpygremlin; 07-27-2018, 02:59 AM.

Comment

“Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.”

With all due respect to Patton, who was a Cavalryman's Cavalryman, the French Alpine forts held off the Italians, then the Italians plus elite German mountain troops, then the very, very best the Germans could throw. Wasn't until the Fall of France and a visit from a personally known senior French military guy bearing written orders that they surrendered in good order...

Sure, their defences had suffered attrition, that was expected and calculated. They could have held all those passes for several more months.

FWIW, their grim resistance, and the disproportionate losses to their attackers, may have firmed H's decision NOT to attack Switzerland...

Comment

Well then look at the other side of the coin, the Maginot Line, the Germans just went around it in WW2 and it was basically useless and also exposed from the rear approaches.
                      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Like the old saying goes...The best way to win a gunfight is not being there.

I know that if I chose to try to outgun every single opposer that comes my way, I will eventually run out of ammo...maybe not in the first few attacks, but somewhere down the line, I will run out. What then?

To me, it makes more sense to perfect the art of staying out of harm's way, by whatever means necessary. Having more than one hidey-hole is prudent. If I was discovered...at least I would still have the means to defend myself, and they would have to know that they have just opened the gates of hell.

Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

I'm not understanding the mindset of using only one type of tactics for survival. It won't be a hide or fight only means of surviving. I would hope people understand that they should at least learn the skills and tactics that can keep them alive if or when society crashes and there normal help lines (Law enforcement,etc), are gone. Whether your hiding or fighting, things like IED's, booby traps, directional mines, grenades, etc are considered force multipliers and can eliminate or reduce an enemy and often make them reconsider what there planning. I am not recommending doing anything illegal, but there is knowledge to be had for those that seek it as well as legal training outlets if you have the time and money. For those here that are former military, you should know what I mean. I'm just sayin...

Dale
                          Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Working...
                          X