Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "SINGLE" best advise........"HIDE"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My "SINGLE" best advise........"HIDE"

    My number #1 advise.........is not food, not water, not firearms or band-aids. It is have a place to hide, and better is to have a lot of places to hide. If your plan is to defend your home. Figure out or build a place to hide in or near your home. Find lots of places near where you figure to be to hide. Forget about "Winning" Gunfights and find places to hide. Once a year I go to town for supplies, I am constantly scanning for places to hide. Culverts and commercial building roof tops are good.

    This advise also works well, for riots, or any civil unrest, or big time SHTF events. I plan to hide for (3) Three months, before peeking to see what is the conditions.

    So...........I am a coward, you got a problem with that.......???
    Last edited by Sourdough; 07-16-2018, 10:49 PM.
    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

  • #2
    I consider that to be smart.not coward. On account it's best to hide,In at least some situations.
    be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

    Comment


    • #3
      isolation is the best policy for post SHTF, I have 5 or 6 places I can go to if my present location become untenable.
      the die off will start fairly soon after the power goes off(no food deliveries, no fuel, no power for heating, lighting and cooking), 3 months should be okay if you want to start looking to see how things are, me? I don't really care about "society" so i'll just keep a low profile.

      Comment


      • #4
        One's reaction to any event should depend entirely on the circumstances of said event.

        Blanket statements like "run and hide" just don't apply to all circumstances. For instance, if you're at a concert and some wack job in a hotel starts firing bump-stock rifles into the crowd from the 20th something floor, then ya.. run and hide is probably good advice...

        But if you're at your home during an SHTF event and some gang members want to loot what you have, then run and hide is pretty foolish, you may as well just open the door and tell them where its all at.

        It depends on where you are at, what the circumstance are, what your circumstances are, what you're protecting or not protecting, etc.. So many variables come into play that its not even worth a discussion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Murphy View Post

          But if you're at your home during an SHTF event and some gang members want to loot what you have, then run and hide is pretty foolish, you may as well just open the door and tell them where its all at.

          It depends on where you are at, what the circumstance are, what your circumstances are, what you're protecting or not protecting, etc.. So many variables come into play that its not even worth a discussion.

          I disagree..........better to have a place to hide in the house, or abandon the house. What you are protecting is your life, not your stuff. If your stuff is that important, then have it cached in 35 different locations. Here is a question........exactly how many gunfights do you figure you can win, without even a scratch.......???

          In the first gunfight........maybe 50% chance.
          By the second gunfight your down to 25% to 33% chance.
          By the third gunfight your at about a 8 to12% chance.

          The way you win gunfights is be some place else.

          One hundred and sixty million humans died in WW-II

          Tens of thousands could see it coming, and they moved to a different country. Moving is kind'a like hiding.
          Last edited by Sourdough; 07-17-2018, 03:04 PM.
          One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sourdough View Post


            I disagree..........better to have a place to hide in the house, or abandon the house. What you are protecting is your life, not your stuff. If your stuff is that important, then have it cached in 35 different locations. Here is a question........exactly how many gunfights do you figure you can win, without even a scratch.......???

            In the first gunfight........maybe 50% chance.
            By the second gunfight your down to 25% to 33% chance.
            By the third gunfight your at about a 8 to12% chance.

            The way you win gunfights is be some place else.

            One hundred and sixty million humans died in WW-II

            Tens of thousands could see it coming, and they moved to a different country. Moving is kind'a like hiding.
            I think the biggest issue in our difference of opinion is that I'm not alone.. that, and if a situation degrades to such levels, I don't plan to fight fairly.
            I wanted to say something like "I would rather die fighting than hiding in some hole because that's not a life", but that doesn't describe my thoughts on the issue correctly as its a little off. More accurately, I would say that I would rather die fighting with my community in order to stand up for our rights than to run away from an enemy.. of course, if the enemy is obviously vastly superior, that's not quite accurate either..

            Which brings me back to where I started.. Circumstances and situations will dictate my decisions... and the difference between us still stands as "I'm not alone".

            History, evolution, and common sense all dictate that groups have better chances of survival than individuals, and those with the most options tend to survive far longer than those with limited or no options.

            Comment


            • #7
              George Patton had some strong thoughts about attempting to defend a "Fixed Position".

              “Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.”

              — George S. Patton Jr.

              Me.........I am gone when the first person shows up and asks for any assistance.
              Last edited by Sourdough; 07-17-2018, 07:46 PM.
              One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sourdough View Post
                George Patton had some strong thoughts about attempting to defend a "Fixed Position".

                “Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man.”

                — George S. Patton Jr.

                Me.........I am gone when the first person shows up and asks for any assistance.
                LOL.. Irony:
                Patton died because of a car accident.. Mobile and on the move.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                  LOL.. Irony:
                  Patton died because of a car accident.. Mobile and on the move.
                  Some...........(OK.....a lot) people think it was not an accident.
                  One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    avoidance is much better than getting into a fight, I can avoid many fights but how many could I win? 1 or 2 maybe before I get injured or worse.
                    you know the old saying? he who runs away lives to fight another day.
                    Last edited by grumpygremlin; 07-18-2018, 05:33 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you are running don't you need a cache or something to run to? I don't disagree with the fact that you would have to run and hide from superior numbers or fire power where you little chance of surviving. When you do run what are you going to live on when you hide? What if the bad guys decide they like your place, and choose to stay there? They like your preps, and there is no need to move on. Where do you go if you can't return to your place?

                      IMHO I would need to think this through more thoroughly.
                      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

                      Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        that's where having (several) places to relocate to, scouted and checked prior to any SHTF event, comes in handy.
                        caches located along the route or routes that one has to travel would be advantageous.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The problem with your run and hide idea is one of "What if everyone did that?" The bad guys would rule.

                          Better to fight off the bad guys.. they go from place to place and each time one of them dies, eventually, no more bad guys..


                          My philosophy is to just make myself a harder target than someone else. If my group can rain down hell on the bad guys, they're not going to want to stick around.... and that's my way of doing it.. a massively violent reaction so overwhelming they have no other choice.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                            ...a massively violent reaction so overwhelming they have no other choice.
                            Well that is about one of the main philosophies of the SEAL's
                            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                              The problem with your run and hide idea is one of "What if everyone did that?" The bad guys would rule.

                              Better to fight off the bad guys.. they go from place to place and each time one of them dies, eventually, no more bad guys..


                              My philosophy is to just make myself a harder target than someone else. If my group can rain down hell on the bad guys, they're not going to want to stick around.... and that's my way of doing it.. a massively violent reaction so overwhelming they have no other choice.


                              I can see that being a problem in the big cities but less so out in the sticks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X