X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leadslinger
    replied
    down to an art'

I figure when either a terrorist, attack or the pres gettin assinated thats the two biggest things I will be buggin for, and when those things happen or if they do. we will all most likley be at work. im only 5 minutes from home, It only takes me 30 minutes to pack my shit and hook up the trailer and go, and being on the outskirts of town traffic will be minor, most people will still be in shock.1.5 hours later Im in my perimitter. safe and ready. So what motivates you all to hit the road or hunkerdown?

wishin well to all
    Leadslinger

Leave a comment:

• OneBadPig
    replied
    In answer to the OP, my sad conclusion is that if you are in a major metropolitan area your odds of being able to get away even when not burdened by supplies is slim.

Leave a comment:

• bankrobber0619
    replied
    i get what your saying. dam well atleast its not gonna wipe out all of az haha. but still thats serious bag o potatoes. that silo idea is sounding real good right now haha. and are u serious about the boner deal?

Leave a comment:

• pathfinder3081
    replied
    I wish We had a few silo's around here.
    Last edited by pathfinder3081; 05-27-2009, 08:34 AM. Reason: Posted message in wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• leadslinger
    replied
    The Imfamous 1 upper

bdcochran in Az we have a name for peoplelike you . we call them 1 uppers because you always have a story to up the last post. Frankly I think your full of it.

Leave a comment:

• pathfinder3081
    replied
    Originally posted by bankrobber0619 View Post
    so about how far would a blast and its effects travel? from a reactor?
    I don't think it is so much of a BLAST!! Like a large bomb.. the basic parts are a little different a nuclear reactor exploits the innate instability of some atoms—in general, those that have a large atomic number or that contain an imbalance of protons and neutrons—which break apart (fission) at random times, releasing photons, neutrons, electrons, and alpha particles. For some nuclides (atomic species having a specific number of protons and neutrons in the nucleus), the average wait until a given atom spontaneously fissions is shorter. When enough atoms of such an unstable isotope are packed close together, the neutrons released by fissioning atoms are more likely to strike the nuclei of nearby unstable atoms. These may fission at once, releasing still more neutrons, which may trigger still other fission events, and so forth. This is the chain reaction on which nuclear reactors and fission-type nuclear bombs depend. In a reactor, however, the fission rate is approximately constant, whereas in a bomb it grows exponentially, consuming most of the fissionable material in a small fraction of a second.

To produce a sustained chain reaction rather than a nuclear explosion, a reactor must not pack its fissionable atoms too closely together. They are therefore mixed with less-fissionable atoms that do not sustain the chain reaction. For example, in a reactor utilizing235U as its primary fuel, only 3 percent of the fuel is actually235U; the rest is mostly238U, a much less fissionable isotope of uranium. The higher the ratio of active fuel atoms to inert atoms in a given fuel mix, the more "enriched" the fuel is said to be; commercial nuclear power plant fuel is enriched only 3 to 5 percent235U, and so cannot explode. For a fission bomb, 90 percent enrichment would be typical (although bombs could be made with less-enriched uranium). My wife was in Kiev when the Chernoble gig happened. I have heard many wild and sad stories of everything that happened there. I have traveled there, her to here over the past three years many many times. The Goverment made safe zones and the like,, but most do not beleive it. I have had my own dobts as well, everytime I get an erection the cable goes out! Doctor still has not been able to explain that to me.
    PF
    Last edited by pathfinder3081; 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bankrobber0619
    replied
    silos

so about how far would a blast and its effects travel? from a reactor?

Leave a comment:

• bdcochran
    replied
    read the other guy's posting

I live 6 miles from a nuclear reactor. There used to be two. There are 13000 people to the square mile in my neighborhood. On this basis, why would anyone think that he is getting out in an emergency.

I go to Red China. The Three Gorges Dam. There are 200,000,000 people living down river. The river is raised over 500 feet at some places. The estimated time for the flood to hit Shanghai is 36 hours. There are no plans to evacuate anyone. Right now, if you fall into the river, there are no rescue boats. The people who float down river drown. They are called floaters. I have seen them. So on the basis that you live beneath a dam, near a nuclear reactor, near a refinery, near a military target, you won't live anywhere in this world.

Leave a comment:

• leadslinger
    replied
    Whens the right time

Well there are a couple of events that woul trigger my bug out. 1 presidential assination. and anothe large terrorist attack like a nuke plant. I live 50 miles from the countrys largest reactor. In 1988 when russia was falling apart the US made a arms treaty with the soviets and part of that was the dismantaling of the TITAN 2 missles satalite photos taken by russia were allowed to prove that this was done . Ill take my chances.

Leave a comment:

• bankrobber0619
    replied
    and yea thats true russia could still think the silos hot and blow it anyways just to make sure. now thats scary shit

Leave a comment:

• bankrobber0619
    replied
    yea but whens the right time ya know and at the same time i would love to fight but most americans are unorganized or arent even americans (citizens of the United States of America)

Leave a comment:

• leadslinger
    replied
    missle silo

well Ill have to call putin on that hit list. thanks for the info. as far as getting out of phoenix, well its all in the timing and fuel is of no issue I have 2000 miles of fuel available and we have people comming from multipal locations.

Leave a comment:

• OneBadPig
    replied
    Originally posted by leadslinger View Post
    we are now looking at a old titan 2 missle site here in arizona we have about 18 of them and the government has sold or abandend all of them Ive got the gps cords on all and were going scouting soon. there 3 stories under ground and all have wells and septic systems most still have generators and radio equip still there. should be interesting:D
    I have seen those converted into really nice living spaces.
    If you buy one, be sure to call Russia and have them make sure they take it off their target list:D

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by bankrobber0619 View Post
    is the canadian border gonna be safe and all that
    Something all need to consider when thinking of moving North is the climate/weather. Despite what Albore says, there has been no significant sunspot activity since last summer. All the "global warming" accumulated in the last century has been lost in the last 2 years. We are headed into a cooling cycle.

Leave a comment:

• bdcochran
    replied
    I started laughing

"i here the guys talkin about "oh is the canadian border gonna be safe and all that.... the north american union will be in place in 2010..... which means canada mexico and the late great u.s. will join. so either way in north america your not running anywhere."

Heck, you are destroying illusions of playing Rambo!

Remember Rambo in Afghanistan? I was there before the movie was made. Living it off screen isn't like the movie. In fact, my son had been with me in the Golden Triangle before the movie had been made. Remember the scene where Rambo is in the jungle and ran up the temple steps? My kid laughed and said "Rambo is stupid because there is an elevator". And there is. And I have walked up those stairs after being acclimated instead of coming out of an airconditioned van and taking a few seconds to run up.

As to the other poster - Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the US. If you go north, there is only one road through the mountains and you had better have a head start on everyone else. If you go east, south or west, there aren't enough desert filling stations with snack bars to handle the rush.

I live where the population is 13,000 to the square mile. Even a traffic light being out at local intersection is a disaster of monstrous proportions. I will never get to the mountains to do a rerun of Red Dawn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X