No announcement yet.

Input on BOL plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea but whens the right time ya know and at the same time i would love to fight but most americans are unorganized or arent even americans (citizens of the United States of America)

Comment

and yea thats true russia could still think the silos hot and blow it anyways just to make sure. now thats scary shit

Comment

Whens the right time

Well there are a couple of events that woul trigger my bug out. 1 presidential assination. and anothe large terrorist attack like a nuke plant. I live 50 miles from the countrys largest reactor. In 1988 when russia was falling apart the US made a arms treaty with the soviets and part of that was the dismantaling of the TITAN 2 missles satalite photos taken by russia were allowed to prove that this was done . Ill take my chances.
        You can not multiply wealth by dividing it.:cool:

Comment

read the other guy's posting

I live 6 miles from a nuclear reactor. There used to be two. There are 13000 people to the square mile in my neighborhood. On this basis, why would anyone think that he is getting out in an emergency.

I go to Red China. The Three Gorges Dam. There are 200,000,000 people living down river. The river is raised over 500 feet at some places. The estimated time for the flood to hit Shanghai is 36 hours. There are no plans to evacuate anyone. Right now, if you fall into the river, there are no rescue boats. The people who float down river drown. They are called floaters. I have seen them. So on the basis that you live beneath a dam, near a nuclear reactor, near a refinery, near a military target, you won't live anywhere in this world.

Comment

silos

so about how far would a blast and its effects travel? from a reactor?

Comment

Originally posted by bankrobber0619 View Post
              so about how far would a blast and its effects travel? from a reactor?
              I don't think it is so much of a BLAST!! Like a large bomb.. the basic parts are a little different a nuclear reactor exploits the innate instability of some atoms—in general, those that have a large atomic number or that contain an imbalance of protons and neutrons—which break apart (fission) at random times, releasing photons, neutrons, electrons, and alpha particles. For some nuclides (atomic species having a specific number of protons and neutrons in the nucleus), the average wait until a given atom spontaneously fissions is shorter. When enough atoms of such an unstable isotope are packed close together, the neutrons released by fissioning atoms are more likely to strike the nuclei of nearby unstable atoms. These may fission at once, releasing still more neutrons, which may trigger still other fission events, and so forth. This is the chain reaction on which nuclear reactors and fission-type nuclear bombs depend. In a reactor, however, the fission rate is approximately constant, whereas in a bomb it grows exponentially, consuming most of the fissionable material in a small fraction of a second.

To produce a sustained chain reaction rather than a nuclear explosion, a reactor must not pack its fissionable atoms too closely together. They are therefore mixed with less-fissionable atoms that do not sustain the chain reaction. For example, in a reactor utilizing235U as its primary fuel, only 3 percent of the fuel is actually235U; the rest is mostly238U, a much less fissionable isotope of uranium. The higher the ratio of active fuel atoms to inert atoms in a given fuel mix, the more "enriched" the fuel is said to be; commercial nuclear power plant fuel is enriched only 3 to 5 percent235U, and so cannot explode. For a fission bomb, 90 percent enrichment would be typical (although bombs could be made with less-enriched uranium). My wife was in Kiev when the Chernoble gig happened. I have heard many wild and sad stories of everything that happened there. I have traveled there, her to here over the past three years many many times. The Goverment made safe zones and the like,, but most do not beleive it. I have had my own dobts as well, everytime I get an erection the cable goes out! Doctor still has not been able to explain that to me.
              PF
              Last edited by pathfinder3081; 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM.
              "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

The Imfamous 1 upper

bdcochran in Az we have a name for peoplelike you . we call them 1 uppers because you always have a story to up the last post. Frankly I think your full of it.

Comment

I wish We had a few silo's around here.
                  Last edited by pathfinder3081; 05-27-2009, 08:34 AM. Reason: Posted message in wrong thread
                  "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

i get what your saying. dam well atleast its not gonna wipe out all of az haha. but still thats serious bag o potatoes. that silo idea is sounding real good right now haha. and are u serious about the boner deal?

Comment

In answer to the OP, my sad conclusion is that if you are in a major metropolitan area your odds of being able to get away even when not burdened by supplies is slim.
                      CTHULHU/Dagon 2012

Comment

down to an art'

I figure when either a terrorist, attack or the pres gettin assinated thats the two biggest things I will be buggin for, and when those things happen or if they do. we will all most likley be at work. im only 5 minutes from home, It only takes me 30 minutes to pack my shit and hook up the trailer and go, and being on the outskirts of town traffic will be minor, most people will still be in shock.1.5 hours later Im in my perimitter. safe and ready. So what motivates you all to hit the road or hunkerdown?

wishin well to all
                        Leadslinger

Comment

Working...
                        X