No announcement yet.

Deer Cart to compliment BOB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote a few threads on this subject 3-4 years ago. Some has photos of current types. Look them up under "Lessons Plan *** then title)

Things to remember using a cart as part of your BOB.

Your cart will leave a trail that bad guys can follow.
    If going deep in the woods you will have problems with downed trees, width of tree trunks, stones, and swamp. How will you get around them?

Answers:
    If you are using a cart as part of your BOB, you should have used it at least once a year to travel to your retreat. That way you know the way and can travel an easier path.

Comment

Nice thing if your cart is like a bike (or in-line, with bike-type tires): those yearly practice trips can be done without looking out of place. That right there, could be a key factor in deciding what version of cart to go with.

Then again, if you use a deer cart, you could do the trip during hunting season and same thing.
      Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

I was actually considering a game cart last summer for carrying around all my survival gear in but put off the idea.

I was considering a Guide Gear cart as alot of people seem to be recommending it and they seem worth the money, but I fancied putting down a little more cash for something better. Has anyone any experience with other models on the list at https://catchthemeasy.com/best-deer-cart-reviews/ ? I need to get one ordered for sure!

Comment

Nice link, Marty.

With a little modification, the big-game cart might also serve to transport an injured party member if needed. The third cart on the list (Kill Shot Heavy Duty Big Game Deer Hauler Cart) can haul a bear or elk, so it should be able to transport a human.

I am adding this one to my Amazon wish list because I like the folding feature, and the spokes on the wheels look more durable for navigating through brush and rough terrain: Rage Powersports GAME-CART Kill Shot Deer Hauler. It can carry up to 500-lbs of critter, so it should also be good for expedient transportation of an injured person as well.
          Last edited by GrizzlyetteAdams; 08-13-2018, 08:10 AM.
          Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

I like the look of those carts--and their price-range, too.
            Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

Working...
            X