No announcement yet.

Old school Communications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They always say laughter is the best medicine. We all need that from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyetteAdams View Post
      (pssst.... I have no idea if Master Po ever said that 'cause I made it up; it sounded like a good idea at the time, lol.)
      It's great advice no matter who gets the credit. ;)

Comment

Hobo language (signs) - old school communication during the Great Depression that still persists to this day (with the addition of wifi symbols)

Here is a handy dandy chart that I will be copying into my (old school paper) notebook and committing some to memory. Who knows when I might see some of these symbols, and may find it useful to know what they mean.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/All...ns-and-symbols

The early 1900s were a time of displacement of over 500,000 people in the U.S. Many became Hobos and became a migrant society seeking work as they criss-crossed the country. The most common routes followed the railway lines and it was often a dangerous and meager lifestyle. Hobos communicated to one another by carving or drawing symbols on trees, post, bridges, and even houses to both offer directional guidance and warnings of what lay ahead. What follows are 60 of the most common along with the message behind them.
        Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Working...
        X